Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35 Simon Prestigiacomo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night Presti spent 99% of the game on Quinten Lynch.

I think Presti has played on Lynch a total of 4 times now and the score would be 2 all, with Lynch taking the honours last night.

Lynch didnt have a massive game (where as last year he kicked 5 goals on Presti) but he did seem to beat Presti to the ball by playing more CHF and running into long leads in open space.

I missed the first half of the first quarter and i found it much harder to keep track of Prestis game when its on TV and you only see him when the ball is near his opponent. Mad

1st Quarter: (what i saw)
Vs Quinten Lynch; 1 Free Against.

From what i saw Presti played on Lynch as expected. He has one free paid against him which was a load. And Lynch played out infront of him leading into the flank and wing areas of the ground.

2nd Quarter:
Vs Quinten Lynch; 1 Spoil, 1 Handball, 1 Free Against, 1 Tackle.

Lynch got a mark early in the quarter against Presti where he kicked his only goal for the match.

Later in the quarter Lynch outran Presti to get the ball and get a handball out to Braun who kicked the goal.

In a pack situation i believe that Presti made a spoil, it was hard to tell and they didnt show a replay of the incident.

When Ben Johnson hurt his ankle, Presti got the spilt ball and got a handball out under pressure which led to a free kick to Shane O'Bree.

Lynch took a mark against presti in another one on one, where he lined up and kicked a behind.

The load of the night then happened when someone kicked the ball out to the wing and Presti to a top mark on Chris Judd. (I could already see the image on my avater!) Turns out the ump paid the free to Judd of in the back. When showed in replay, Prestis hands were nowhere near Judd and his mark should have been paid. I was filthy! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Near the end of the quarter It seemed as if Maxwell went to Lynch for a very short while. Presti laid a good tackle and forced a ball up in WCE's forward line. After this Presti played the rest of the quarter on Lynch.

3rd Quarter:
Vs Quinten Lynch; 1 Spoil, 2 Handballs, 1 Tackle

Early in the quarter Lycnh took a running mark infront of Presti. Lynch lined up but didnt make the distance.

Later on he made a spoil and got a good handball out of defensive 50.

Lynch once again made a long lead but the ball was kicked over their heads.

During the quarter, Presti laid a good tackle on Wirrapunda. Once again he was under pressure and got another handball out with nowhere to go. Lynch had another 2 marks against him, both too far out to score. Also Lynch had another shot at goal that didnt make the distance when he lost Presti in the pack (Presti was going for the ball and Lycnh snuck out and recived a handpass).

4th Quarter:
Vs Quinten Lynch; 1 Kick, 1 Handball, 1 Spoil.

I had a few distractions in the last aswell but I'd say this was his quietest quarter. Lynch went off the field for a short time after his head clash and during this time im not sure where Presti was or who he was playing on. (Possibly running free).

Presti got another handball out to Leon who was going forward and when Lynch returned it showed him against Presti again... and Presti got a spoil. Razz

Presti didnt do as much running then against the Roos last week... or atleast you dont see that on the TV.

(According to the Herald Sun, ive missed 2 tackles, 2 marks somewhere)

Goals Kicked Against; One.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:12 am

What can we say? Presti of old. Got beaten a bit early, but the unsettled backline was probably to blame. But tore Richo a new one last night. YAY, go you good thing!~
luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Thought he was quite good again last night!! Love it when he tears Richo a new one!! hehehe
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Vs Richmond; Round 3 1007.

Last year Presti spent some time on Jay Shultz. But last night, as predicted, Presti played the entire match against Matthew Richardson.

In all the times Presti has played on Richo, i think Presti was beaten once a few years back when Richo kicked like 9 goals and Presti got injured.

I always love the 'Presti Vs Richo' thing! Richo is one of those players i love to hate, and i look forward to it every time!

After the coin toss, Presti went straight to Richo. And the game began.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Quarter;
Vs Richardson: 1 Mark, 1 Kick, 1 Handball, 1 Free Against, 4 Spoils.

When the players lined up there was a bit of pushing and shoving, which isnt anything unusual, but its always good to see Presti shove back and stand in for the other players (Especially the younger ones).

Early in the quarter Presti was outmarked with a stong mark from Richo. This led to Richos first shot at goal which was a behind.

A few moments later and Richo took an open mark from a long lead infront of Presti, where he played on and once again, kicked a behind.

One thing i noticed during this quarter was alot of checking made on Presti in an attempt to get Richo free. Graham Polak was doing most of the checking.

Midway through the quarter Jay Shultz outmarked Wakelin, but Presti was there to attempt the spoil, but Richo was also in the way.

Richo was given a free kick for holding. Presti argued for the free but the umpire gave Richo the ball (and the goal). It was a 50/50 free... some umpires would have let it go, some wouldnt have. Not much you can do.

Presti then got 3 spoils in a row. One in which he played on with the ball and spun to get away from an opposing player. Cool He did end up getting tackled but Presti got the handpass out to Brad Dick who went forward with the ball.

One of these spoils was against Luke McGuane who was cleaned up by Presti. McGuane was taken off for a while after the clash.

Late in the quarter, Presti took a mark from a kick in where he took a bounce and then kicked the ball long to 3 on 2 in Richmonds favour.

Presti then made another spoil and before the end of the quarter Richo got another running mark infront of Presti, where he proceded to kick the ball out of bounds on the full. He was too far out.

2nd Quarter; (Far end of the ground where i was sitting)
Vs Matthew Richardson: 1 Kick, 1 Handball, 2 Spoils.

Early on Richo made another long running lead. Presti wasnt far behind, but the ball went over their heads when they ran towards the ball as trickeld out of bounds. Presti's leg speed showed as he would have gotten there first.

Another spoil made against Richo.

Richmond got on a bit of a roll during parts of the quarter and Shultz got free and was sneaking in their forward 50 from the flank area, as the ball was coming through the midfield. At the time Presti was planted on Richo who started running towards CHF. For a moment it looked as if Presti didnt know who to go to. He had to either leave Schultz or Richo open. He ended up staying with Richo and the ball went to Schultz who kicked a behind.

Later on Richo took a mark as Dale Thomas tried to spoil the ball. I couldnt even see Presti at the time. And he wasnt on screen during the replay of the mark. As it turned out Richo kicked another behind.

Soon after, Richo went to ground as Presti got the ball and made a bad handball to Leon Davis. Presti ended up getting the ball back and kicking it to Scott Pendlebury going forward.

Mid way through the term Richo took a good mark in a 1 on 1 against Presti, in which Richo kicked a goal.

Towards the end of the half, Presti followed Richo around the CHF, Flanks and FF areas. Richo dropped a mark infont of Presti. He didnt get a spoil, but could have been lucky that Dale Thomas was infont to put Richo off. (Man Dale can jump!)

The only thing that happend with Presti before the half was another spoil made which led to a Richmond poster.

3rd Quarter;
Vs Matthew Richardson: 2 Kicks, 1 Handball, 1 Free For, 2 Spoils.

Early on Presti made another spoil. Not long after, in another contest, Travis Cloke was back and cut off Richo before Presti had a chance to spoil.

There was a moment around the Tigers CHF where the ball was spilling across the ground and Richo was leading and running towards the ball. Presti was with him the whole way applying huge pressure on Richo who ended up doing nothing.

Presti got another spoil on Richo, but Richo recieved a free for a high tackle against another Pies player. I thought it was Rhyce Shaw, but papers said he didnt give away a free.

Presti then recieved a free kick when the ball was kicked out of bounds on the full.

Mid way through the term Richo took a mark way way out infront of Presti on the flank. Richo had nowhere to go and his kick went nowhere.

Before the end of the quarter Presti gathered the ball off the ground and got a kick away.

Just before 3 quarter time Richo was making another lead with Presti right with him. Richo fell to the ground and Presti gatherd the ball from the gound again, but he also fell to the ground Razz and got a handball out which went nowhere before being tackled.

4th Quarter;
Vs Matthew Richardson: 2 Marks, 2 Kicks, 1 Handball, 1 Tackle, 4 Spoils.

Another soild quarter from Presti. Richo seemed more CHF and struggled with pressure from Presti.

Richo took a mark once again making a massive lead into the flanks.

Presti made a spoil on the wing and Richo got a free for some reason on this play.

Josh Fraser then took a speckie ontop of Presti and Richo stopping the contest.

Presti then got 2 good spoils in a row. One went out of bounds and the other one came from an excellent Presti bump.

Richo got his last goal when he took a mark on a lead infront of Presti.

Presti then got another spoil which couldn have been a bit high.

Richo kicked a behind when he took Schultz's free kick after he had to leave the ground. (He copped Prestis elbow in the head, not intensional).

Presti took an awesome mark but shanked the kick. It turned out to be ok, but he didnt hit his man on the chest.

Towards the end of the game, Presti actually took a lead to get a mark and kick. And not too long before the final siren Presti made a top tackle on a Tigers player, throwing him out of bounds. (I think it was McGuanne).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prestis 2nd half was much more soild, where he seemed to apply more pressure and grunt in his contests. Once again he tried all night and never gave up in any situation. I'm telling you this bloke has the heart the size of the MCG!

Considering Presti didnt have the support of Clement (injured) and Wakelin (playing forward), i think he did an exelent job and could have easily been named in Collingwoods best. Another notch on his belt.

Goals kicked against: Three.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Dont know where my Port post went??

But what i can recall was that Presti played on Damon White for most of the game (Who kicked 1.2). I believe that Presti also has stints on Josh Mahoney and Michael Wilson during the match.

He had a few clangers, one which was out on the full. Embarassed

Prestis stats were:

8 Kicks, 3 Marks, 5 Handballs, 13 Disposals, 1 Hitout, 3 Tackles, 1 Free For and 1 Free Against.

Goals Kicked Against: One. (I'll have to double check tho) Razz

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Vs Essendon; Round 5 2007.

Presti was under an injury cloud after the Port match last week. Noone seemed to know what he had done, one paper said it was a groin where as the other said it was an ankle.

Even tho he was named in the starting 18, this mornings news stated that he might still not play. So i went to the game not knowing if he would play or not. And when the Pies ran out onto the ground i got my answer! Razz

Just goes to show you shouldnt trust the papers... one said he'd be out for 2 weeks, one says he will play... then on TV one person says he is unlikly and then the other chanel says he will play...

I had a different view this week. First time ive had to sit on level 3 for about 5, 6 years now... From that height you are able to see the entire ground but stuggle to see how the ball gets out of packs and things like that.

Anyway...

1st Quarter;
Vs. Courtney Johns: 1 Mark, 1 Kick.

After the coin toss Presti looked like going to Lucas (Which is what i was expecting) but ended up lining up on Johns.

The begining of the game kept seeing the ball in Essendons forward line. Presti almost got a tackle on Alwyn Davey, who managed to just get thru and kick a goal.

After this Presti was on Lucas, but only for a few moments before going back to Johns.

Johns didnt make alot of leads, but when he did Presti was with him. The only time Essendon went to Johns, the ball was kicked over his head when Presti was pushing his lead.

In the middle of the quarter Presti was running forward and was close to entering the Pies forward 50. Presti was open and I was having a heart attack cos i thought he was going to get the ball inside 50. Until Dale Thomas got caught for holding the ball.

The only other action Presti got in the opening quarter was an open mark and kick towards the end of the quarter.

2nd Quarter;
Vs Courtney Johns: 1 Mark, 2 Kicks, 2 Spoils.

Presti was running with Johns who was about to gather the ball but Presti punched the ball away from Johns which led to a Didak goal. (Not sure if this counts as a spoil... but its a 1%er which got us a goal).

Presti got another spoil on Johns which ended in an Essendon behind.

One thing i noticed about Essendon was they kept rotating their fowards around. One minute Lloyd was FF, then a few seconds later it was Lucas, then Johns, then Lloyd again. Presti stayed on Johns.

Later in the quarter Presti was near the Pies forward 50 again... once again i was getting images of a rare Presti goal! Razz While up there he did manage to get a kick, then a mark and another kick to Didak. I remember the lady next to me saying WTF IS PRESTI DOING UP THERE??!

Moments before the half time siren Johns got a mark as Presti was interfered with by Alwyn Davey sliding infront of him. Johns got the goal which tied the score at half time.

3rd Quarter;
Vs Jason Laycock.
Vs Courtney Johns: 1 Kick
Vs Patrick Ryder.

Presti rotated his opponets in the 3rd term. It was a quiet quarter for him with one kick under pressure... which went out on the full. Sad

He did seem to be taken away from the defensive zone alot, spending alot of time running with his opponent on the wings and centre square.

While on Ryder Presti fumbled the ball in the back pocket which almost went out of bounds.

4th Quarter;
Vs Patrick Ryder.
Vs Scott Lucas.
Vs Courtney Johns: 1 Mark, 1 Kick.

Not a big impact from Presti in the last, but the same can be said for his opponents. Once again Presti swapped opponets, spening most of his time on Johns and Ryder and only a few minutes on Lucas.

While on Johns, Presti got outmarked leading to Johns kicking a goal.

Half way through the term i noticed the runner talking to Presti. Soon after Presti left the field. He soon returned and went back to Johns.

The rest of the game saw Presti get another open mark and kick in the dying moments of the game.

Once again Presti kept his opponets quiet. It was interesting to see him on a much younger and agile Ryder in the 2nd half.

Goals Kicked Against: Two.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:58 pm

Felt like forever since the Pies last match!!

Vs Adelaide; Round 6 2007.

1st Quarter;
Vs Ian Perrie: 1 Kick & 1 Free For.

Presti started well on Perrie. But at the 15 minute mark Presti left the field and went to the rooms. Apparently he had an ankle complaint.

-Early on Presti was given a free for being held. (Advantage was paid).

-Crows were going forward, but the ball was kicked over the lead of Perrie. Presti ran back and got to the ball first, gathered the ball and got an average looking kick to O'Brien, who gave away a free.

-Perrie got a mark against Presti and kicked a behind.

I noticed the Maxwell was on Perrie the next time the ball went to the Crows forward. Not long after that it was stated that Presti was in the race.

2nd Quarter;
Vs ???

-Presti spent most of the quarter in the rooms. He was shown running the boundry towards the later end of the quarter.

-He came back on the field with around a minute to go and saved a goal with a dive over a spilling ball.

-He got 1 mark and 1 kick just before the half time siren.

3rd Quarter;
Vs Ian Perrie: 1 Mark, 1 Kick, 1 Handball, 1 Tackle, 1 Free For, 3 Spoils.

-Presti made a successful return to the game.

-Perrie had kicked another two goals while Presti was off the field and the Crows had also brought back a 24 point lead in that time.

-Presti made 2 great spoils in 1 on 1 situations and 1 spoil in a pack.

-Perrie took one mark while he was open on the flank.

-Presti got a good handpass out to Tarks while under pressure.

-Presti got a great tackle on Thompson and won a free kick.

-Presti also made some good sheppards during this quarter.

-Then chanel Ten went off the air... lol! Razz

4th Quarter;
Vs Ian Perrie: 1 Mark, 1 Kick, 1 Handball, 1 Free Against, 1 Spoil.

-After making a great spoil in a 1 on 1, Presti gave away a stupid free kick for a high tackle.

-Took a mark and got away a quick handpass.

-Crashed into Perrie and was lucky to not have given away a free.

-Was outmarked once after wrestling with Perrie. (Ump paid the mark anyway)

-Perrie took an open mark out on the flank.

-Near the final siren got a mark and kick.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presti kept Perrie quiet for the time he was on the ground. It was a better game by Presti than last week. The injury had me worried, but he came back out and was back to his good old self.

Goals Kicked Against: One.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Yet another super effort from Mr Reliable.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:35 pm

The AGE says Presti will most likly miss up to 2 weeks, yet the Herald Sun says he is likly to play.... Goes to show that they probably guess about these sort of things.

Anyway, i saw an interesting topic about Presti on Big Footy....
( http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320911 )

A great point of view about Presti is post #63 from user 'Mark M'.

Quote:
Mark W:

Presti is a very limited footballer. Creative he most certainly is not. Intercepting marks like Fletcher and Scarlet take are not a feature of his game. My heart is is my mouth everytime he kicks the footy. And yet despite all this I reckon Captain is deadset wrong and underestimates PResti -severely. PResti is good at one thing and one thing only - preventing his opponent from getting a kick. He is superb at this...and I dont use the word lightly

Captain should consider:

1. His wonderful track record against almost all the leagues Gun forwards: Tredrea, Jonathan Brown, Gehrig, Fevola, Hall. The exceptions are Lloyd (Wakes always does better against him), and somewhat strangely Quentin Lynch against whom Presti consistently struggles.

2. His longevity - in Captains top 10 he rates players who only played to a decent standard for a few years - Gaspar, Hay, Rutten. Presti has given us 7 years really good service. Mind you was useless prior to 2000, and this year he has not been that good. Is his pace beginning to fade?

3. His finals record - Twice held Brown in GF's and one of the few who could say did his job in 2003, a fair achievement given the dominance of Brisbane. Just owned Tredrea in the 2 finals we met Port in. Even in 2006, despite getting shellacked by the Bulldogs he beat Brad Johnson of all people - wonderful finals player cant recall him playing a bad one.

4. In comparing him to the likes of Scarlet and Fletcher its all about the balance of your backline. I'll restate these 2 are much better all round footballers. They will have much higher rates of possession, they will break up attacks with intercepting marks they will give run and creativity - PResti wont. However both leak goals. Collingwood fans tend not to have the highest opinion of either of these two as Fletcher could never cope with Sav Rocca, nor Scarlet with Tarrant. As stoppers they are not elite. If your backline lacks creativity and run, you pick Fletcher or Scarlet over PResti any time. If your backline leaks goals and needs a stopper there are very few better than Presti.

Also Presti is on track to play his 200th game toward the end of the season.

luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:41 pm

I think Presti is the best fullback in the competition. Darren Glass.. pftt!! You have nothing on this man!!
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:33 pm

In todays Herald Sun, in the 'Write To Mike' section;

Quote:
GET OFF PRESTI'S BACK

I AM Sick of everybody paying out on Simon Prestigiacomo.

I believe he slips underneath the radar enormously and that he is up there with the best defenders in the league.

James Dalton, Benalla

MIKE SAYS: Hard to question Presti's efficiency. He is marked down because he gets so little of the ball, but the Pies obviously are happy with him.

Typical Mike answer. Ofcourse we're happy with him... he's the best blocker in the league. Saves alot of goals, so i'd say he is quite effective! Cool

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:16 pm

Vs Carlton; Round 7 2007.

1st Quarter;
Vs Brendan Fevola, Brad Fisher & Matthew Lappin: 4 Marks, 3 Kicks & 1 Handball.

-Started the game on Fevola as expected.

-Took an open mark and kick to Lockyer.

-Involved in alot of wrestling with Fevola... Some of in unnessesary!

-Took an open mark from a kick in. Kicked to Daisy.

-Murphy should have kicked a goal but missed. Presti got the ball and got a quick kick in to Maxwell.

-Took a top mark against Fev on the HB line.

-Fev took a mark on the wing with Presti chasing.

-For a very short while, Presti was on Brad Fisher (No relation Razz ). Presti pointed to Fev as Toovey went to line up on him. In this time Fev to a top mark and kicked a goal against Toovey... wasnt much Toov's could do... Blues were just having a run on.

-After the goal Presti went back on Fev. And stayed planted in the goal square.

-In a 1 on 1 contest, Presti was outmarked by Fev, who kicked a goal from in the goal square.

-Wakelin took a top mark, but crashed into Presti on the way down. Both seemed ok from the crash.

-Presti then went to Lappin which was unexpected. Wakelin went to Fev.

-Presti was spending alot of time floating around the ground... noticably near CHF and FWD Pocket! Shocked

-Presti got another open mark near CHF, but made a terrible handpass which turned the ball over and Carlton got a goal. Evil or Very Mad

-Presti then swaped with Wakelin and went back to Fev!

-During the quarter time brawl it was hard to see where Presti was. I saw him run toward the fight and stay around the fringe with a bit of push and shoving, but didnt seem to get as involved as other players. Razz

2nd Quarter;
Vs Brendan Fevola, Brad Fisher, Jason Saddington and Lance Whitnall:

-Early on Fev took a mark against Presti on the lead. The result was one behind.

-Presti once again rotated players. He went to Brad Fisher, with i believe Harry O'Brien going to Fev. Presti spent this time followint Fisher between Flanks. (Closer to FWD Flank).

-Presti was then benched and the 5:30 min mark.

-I dont know how long he was on the bence for, but later when the Pies went forward to a pack and a few players went to ground i noticed the number 35 amoung them. He almost took a mark against Saddington. It was around then when i said... "Presti's in the F_______ Forward line!!" Shocked

-Presti lined up on Lance Whitnall which i guess isnt a big shock.... except it was in our forward line... lol.

-During his time at FF, Presti called for the ball and made a few leads and the dream of seeing another Presti goal was alive!!!! Cool

-However the closest he got to a goal was when Fraser took a mark right infront of him on the goal line... Thats twice Fraze has done that to Presti!! Razz (Vs Essesndon Anzac Day 2002 was the other).

-Presti left the forward line when Rocca came back. Presti might have gone back to the bence im unsure.

3rd Quarter;
Vs. Brendan Fevola: 1 Tackle & 1 Spoil.

-Presti quietest quarter. Started on Fev at FB.

-Made an awesome spoil against Fev, forcing the ball out of bounds.

-Remained planted on Fev at FB. Once again alot of wresteling and there was an incident where Fev wanted a free as the umps called play on.

-Presti made a good tackle on Fev just out of the goal square forcing a ball-up.

-Fev did get a possesion after Wakelin made a very bad blunder. Luckily the result of Fevs kick was out on the full!

-Once again the Blues (i think it was Murphy) should have kicked a goal but missed. Presti and Fev were again wrestling as the ball spilled through for a behind. Fev then cried to the umpire and gave Presti a cheap shot when Presti was going to get up. Evil or Very Mad

4th Quarter;
Vs. Brendan Fevola: 1 Mark, 1 Kick & 1 Spoil.

-Presti took a mark against Fev after Wakes kicked the ball in. Presti kicked it to Toovey who then got pinned for holding. Mad

-Presti got another spoil on Fev.

-Wakelin then got his first Magpie goal which was the next best thing to seeing Presti kick one!

-At the 21 min mark Presti kept the ball in the pack forcing a ball up.

-Presti then left the field at the 24 minute mark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an interesting game from Presti this week. Spending most of his time on Fev was expected, but spending half a quarter as FF was a shock.
(Last time that happend was against the Dogs in Rnd 1 2005).

A fair bit of rotating went on. I believe this is to let Harry, Toov's, etc get a bit of game time playing FB on different opposition.

Once again a solid effort. Not to sure who he will line up on against the Dogs... I wouldnt be suprised if he will be rested.

(Fev kicked 4 but only one of these was against Presti... One was against Tooves, im not sure about the other 2... Perhaps while Presti was up forward??)

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:43 am

Awesome work, Shane (and Presti :wink)!
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:13 am

Presti#1Fan wrote:
(Fev kicked 4 but only one of these was against Presti... One was against Tooves, im not sure about the other 2... Perhaps while Presti was up forward??)

Just confirming, the other 2 were kicked when Harry gave away a 50 meter penalty... putting Fev in the goal square... Maxwell was his opponent at the time... and the other was in an open foward line. He took the grab with Heath the only player close enough to make a spoil.

Both times Presti was up forward Razz

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:10 am

Vs Western Bulldogs; Round 8 2007.

I'm still unhappy about the result of this game so this will be quick. Razz

I felt like Presti had a tough day with the umpires. He spent alot of time drifting around the ground and seems to be doing this alot more this year then ever before.

He started the game on Darcy and switched opponents alot through out the game. Probably due to Darcy playing time in the Ruck and the rotation of Harry, Maxwell, etc.

I was half expecting Presti to be rested this week due to team balance as the Dogs dont seem to have the traditional forward for him to play on. But like i said he played on alot of different sized opponents in the game.

1st Quarter;
Vs Luke Darcy: 1 Spoil, 1 Free Against.
Vs Brad Johnson:
Vs Giansiracusa: 1 Handball.
Vs Shaun Higgins: 1 Mark, 1 Kick.
Vs Mich Harn: 1 Spoil, 1 Kick.

-Started the game on Luke Darcy where he made an early spoil.

-A free was paid against Presti for holding which led to Cooney kicking a behind. I was too far away to judge the free kick.

-Darcy kicked a goal when the ball was kicked into the Dogs forward 50. Darcey ran in a circle losing Presti to get the lose ball and goal.

-Presti later moved to Johnson, Giansiracusa twice and Higgins while Darcy moved into the Ruck. Against Higgins he got 1 mark and kick.

-Presti was playing around the flank before being benched.

-When back on (Against Brad Johnson) Presti got a handball out while being tackled when the Pies found themself in a sticky situation. This did lead to a Travis Cloke goal mind you! Razz

-Presti closed the quarter against Harn where he got another spoil and then a kick of the ground after dropping a mark.

-I think Harn dropped a mark agauinst Presti too.

2nd Quarter;
Vs Mich Harn: 1 Free Against & 1 Kick.
Vs Luke Darcy: 1 Spoil.

-Early on against Harn, Presti could have been pinned for holding. This was the only time the umps went in his favour! Evil or Very Mad lol

-While going for a mark on the wing, Presti was spoiled with a punch from Harn. Not a bad role reversal! Cool

-Presti had a free paid against him with was an absolute load. It was for holding. (Could be a pay back for the one he got away with).

-Presti dropped another mark but did get a kick away.

-Against Darcey he made another spoil and rucked against him once or twice at boundry throw ins on the flank.

-Late in the half Presti got another kick off the ground while being tackled. He then dove for the ball in the pack before the siren went.

3rd Quarter;
Vs Luke Darcey: 1 Mark, 2 Kicks.
Vs Mich Harn: 1 Free Against.
Vs Peter Street: 2 Spoils.

-Started the half on Darcy again before he went into ruck. In which Presti went to Harn.

-Another free against Presti which led to Harn kicking a goal.

-Eade made a strange move, putting Peter Street full forward. Presti went to him and looked like a year 7 student next to him. Shocked

-Presti owend Street. Making 2 spoils and not letting him anywhere near the ball or goals. In my opinion Presti is WAY to good to be playing on the likes of Peter Street.

-While back on Darcy, Presti rucked during throw ins again.

-For a while it seemed like Presti was playing free man. He was roaming around the ground and didnt have an opponent. He did call for the ball in the center square and was sneaking near the top of the forward 50. Then whoever had the ball got smothered and turned the ball over where the Dogs got it in their forward 50 in a few seconds. This was shattering because it would have been the perfect game for Presti to sneak forward and slot one considering who was sitting near by. Wink

-While open in the back flank, Presti took a mark where he took a very long time to kick the ball. He made two interesting bounces before recovering and hitting his man on the chest.

-He manned up on Harn and closed the quarter on Him.

4th Quarter;
Vs Luke Darcy: 3 Hand balls.
Vs Giansiricusa:
Vs Mich Harn:

-A quiet closing quarter for Presti.

-He made a few good sheppards in this quarter.

-Darcey kicked a goal... but im unsure if it was a set shot against Presti or during play.

-Had stints on Darcy, Gia and Harn.

-Almost took a mark against Giansiricusa... lol GIO Vs GIA.

-Against Harn he was involved in the pack and the ball-up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like i said earlier, Presti didnt have a good day with the umps.

He swapped opponents very often (6 different opponents)... on one hand playing on Giansiricusa, small, quick and agile... and on the other hand playing on Peter Street who is... well, tall and dopey. This does show that Presti can play on alot of different types of players.

Goals Kicked Against: Three. (One from a dodgy Free) Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: