Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tragedy of David Hicks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sq3 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you 100% Skaman - anyone who trains and lives with the Taliban is no friend of mine.

The US learned their lesson with these guys - very simple - leave them in the dessert - and as one of the US Generals quite correctly said -
These guys all wanted to meet Allah - so we assisted them.

In war there is no half way - you are friend or enemy - and he aint no friend.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:59 pm

divorcedpie wrote:
What does feeding Joffa's relatives in the west have to do with the pies? Nothing, but the club does it out of a sense of duty.

Well thats right...the CLUB does it...therefore talking about it here has something to do with the CLUB...as far as im aware the CLUB has nothing to do with David Hicks...therefore this is an incorrect choice of forum...Forum non conveniens if you prefer.

divorcedpie wrote:

I am very disturbed by the narrow perspective of you people with your dreary little lives and humdrum existences.

Skaman you have just posted some of the biggest load of crap I have ever read.

Hicks WAS NOT training to shoot our soldiers. He was having an adventure. Even my conservative 71 yo mother knows he did nothing wrong.

As you say, he hasn't had a trial...how exactly do you and your conservative mother KNOW that he has done nothing wrong....thats exactly what a trial is for.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:01 pm

divorcedpie wrote:
I am very disturbed by the narrow perspective of you people with your dreary little lives and humdrum existences.

Yet you are the one here posting on an internet forum almost all day.

prowdy12 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:13 pm

Bye don't come back Taxman
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:29 pm

Amazing how public opinion has turned. America preaches justice yet holds a guy in prison for many years without a trial. Disgraceful no matter which way you put it.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:34 pm

sq3 wrote:
I am with you 100% Skaman - anyone who trains and lives with the Taliban is no friend of mine.

The US learned their lesson with these guys - very simple - leave them in the dessert - and as one of the US Generals quite correctly said -

The US trained Bin Laden and the CIA backed the Taliban when they were fighting the Russians. The US backed Saddam Hussien when he was fighting Iran. So they can't be friends of ours by that statement.
JBJ 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:35 pm

This is our COLLINGWOOD bulletin board....don't hijack our board for your political agendas....just who are you "divorcedpie"? You sign up today and start this rubbish.....and why do you have to include my mate Joffa in all of this tripe?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:36 pm

JBJ wrote:
This is our COLLINGWOOD bulletin board....don't hijack our board for your political agendas....just who are you "divorcedpie"? You sign up today and start this rubbish.....and why do you have to include my mate Joffa in all of this tripe?

This should be moved to the Vic Tavern
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:41 pm

mods?
sq3 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Very nice attempt to turn the words around Culprit - but it won't wash.

I suppose he was at Club Med - Kabul - when they captured him and all his Taliban mates.

Only mistake the US made was bringing them all back to X-Ray - should have sent them all to meet Allah.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Nothing like a good bit of politics to polarise the masses.

Very Happy

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:49 pm

shackleton wrote:
Where there's smoke there's fire, Hicks wouldn't be being held for no reason.

Isn't this a football board? terrible thread.

what he said.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:53 pm

sq3 wrote:
Very nice attempt to turn the words around Culprit - but it won't wash.

I suppose he was at Club Med - Kabul - when they captured him and all his Taliban mates.

Only mistake the US made was bringing them all back to X-Ray - should have sent them all to meet Allah.

That maybe the case, he is entitled to the justice the US preach. Lets get him to trial is the best solution.

History shows us the US and the CIA backed the Taliban and Saddam Hussien and Pinochet and the list rolls on and on, the blood of many are on their hands too.
divorcedpie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:56 pm

sq3 wrote:

Priceless SQ3 - dont trifle with the Taliban leave them in the dessert instead (pun intended)

And you Zak - it is my understanding that generally (short of the political assassination as practiced by the USA) the accused is entitled to a fair trial and the rule of habeous corpus applies.

Exactly why did the U.S put them in Cuba (yes Guant is on foreign soil) rather than in the USA? - exactly to avoid the need for a fair trial.

Axiomatically Zak if he was guilty of anything other than naivete he would have been tried.

Facts speak for themselves...

I say we all unite instead of squabbling amongst ourselves and try to do something to help him out or how about we band together to send him a present.

I will ring Foreign Affairs on Monday.

Please put your donation pledges below.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:25 pm

Can't friggin believe the simplistic and narrow world view of some of you people. The fact is Hick's was not breaking any Australian law by training and fighting with the Taliban. Also, in many respects, what he was doing is no different to what thousands of Australian citizens have done in the Balkans, serving with Serbian and Croatian militia forces, with the Israeli and Lebanese armies etc. When he was training with the Taliban, they were not at war with Australian or US forces. This is the reason he has not been brought back to Australia for prosecution - as the government openly admits, at the time of his detainment he was committing no crime under our law.

As for the argument that where there's smoke there's fire, or that he must have been doing something wrong - what a &*( joke! How many hundred of prisoners have been released without any charge from Guantanamo having been detained for months, and in many cases years?

Can't for the life of me understand why any tool would join the Taliban or follow Bin Laden. But that's not the point. There is a little thing that's actually quite fundamental that democracies used to believe in -it's called the rule of law and it relies on due process. Anyone that is happy to suspend it even in one case is no more committed to democratic government than the Taliban.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: