Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#13 Dale Thomas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

frankiboy wrote:
Let me be the first to say, I like Dale, I think he will stay.

Laughing very funny.
Very consistent, cannot fault you !!

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 pm

no chance is collingwood's pin up boy and does nearly all the clinics and public appearances... joking ya selves . was also injured alot during the year. Anyway going no where
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:37 pm

<3didak wrote:
no chance is collingwood's pin up boy and does nearly all the clinics and public appearances... joking ya selves . was also injured alot during the year. Anyway going no where

Spot on!

It amazes me how people make judgement calls on players due to recent or current form, i.e. Cloke & now Thomas.

Daisy is Mr X factor, the football he produced in 2010 especially in the finals speaks for itself. When fit who destroys Sydney every time? play him on the ball, down back or in the forward line, he kicks special goals, takes great marks, is quick, can tag and tackles like a man possessed.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 pm
Post subject: Re: Will Daisy Thomas be the new Travis Cloke in 2013?Reply with quote

ClokingDevice wrote:
Quote:
Pies contract woes move to Thomas

Contract woes????

We signed everyone ffs Rolling Eyes

Don't blame me, blame that Green-Leftist rag The Age.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:45 pm

^ I don't think it's against the rules of the 'bro code' (so to speak) talking about a players recent form and how long we expect them to sign for.

I think it's perfectly fine to discuss how Thomas' form was through out 2012 and with free agency will he sign a 1 or 2 year deal in the hope of getting a bigger contract the year after... from Collingwood or say Carlton (I saw Carlton only because of MM).

On the other hand saying 'sign or piss off', whilst in 2012... that's too far.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm

mudlark wrote:
What a stupid frickin' post. EVERY player at some stage will come out of contract FFS give it a break!! It's still 2012 and next year will take care of itself. Daisy WILL be a one club player.

Hey clown, don't blame me. It was Nathan Buckley who stirred up this non-story. Read the article from Jon Pierek.

As usual on Nick's people shoot the messenger.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Brenny wrote:
^ I don't think it's against the rules of the 'bro code' (so to speak) talking about a players recent form and how long we expect them to sign for.

I think it's perfectly fine to discuss how Thomas' form was through out 2012 and with free agency will he sign a 1 or 2 year deal in the hope of getting a bigger contract the year after... from Collingwood or say Carlton (I saw Carlton only because of MM).

On the other hand saying 'sign or piss off', whilst in 2012... that's too far.
Who or what is Collingwood or say Carlton he or she saw Carlton because of MM?
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:29 pm

[quote="jack_spain"][quote="mudlark"]What a stupid frickin' post. EVERY player at some stage will come out of contract FFS give it a break!! It's still 2012 and next year will take care of itself. Daisy WILL be a one club player.[/quote]

Hey clown, don't blame me. It was [b]Nathan Buckley [/b]who stirred up this non-story. Read the article from Jon Pierek.

As usual on Nick's people shoot the messenger.[/quote]

If I could shoot the messenger it'll be the giant size turd who started this thread.... Oh that's you JS...typical nothing positive about the Pies...

When will you finally get the message and F off our board?
obleex 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Sit next to Daisy's mum and girlfriend at the MCG...Daisy had a stress fracture in his foot and never got going which reflected in his form.

Hope he stays. When fit is a huge X-factor
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
mudlark wrote:
What a stupid frickin' post. EVERY player at some stage will come out of contract FFS give it a break!! It's still 2012 and next year will take care of itself. Daisy WILL be a one club player.

Hey clown, don't blame me. It was Nathan Buckley who stirred up this non-story. Read the article from Jon Pierek.

As usual on Nick's people shoot the messenger.

If I could shoot the messenger it'll be the giant size turd who started this thread.... Oh that's you JS...typical nothing positive about the Pies...

When will you finally get the message and F off our board?

Who died and made you king? Rarely has one so presumptuous contributed so little.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 am

Hopefully the contract talks will go better than they did with Travis Cloke and not leak into the media, and there won't be as much hysteria around the talks as well.

Though I wonder if Daisy Thomas can beat the Travis Cloke record of threads, and posts, and bullshit rumours.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:27 am

Collingwood's Cloke-strategy was an unmitigated disaster that probably cost us a game or two and certainly led to enormous pressure being placed upon Cloke and his first year coach.

After saying the club would not offer a 5 year deal under any circumstances, the club eventually offered exactly that, but only after months or unnecessary media and supporter pressure.

Perhaps at the AGM a question or two will be asked, but I guess not answered.

Should those involved in this administrative mess (Pert, Walsh, McGuire, Buckley) not front up to supporters and explain how they could get it so wrong?

At the very least, we should demand that this amateurish nonsense never be repeated. Dale Thomas's contract should be swiftly dealt with and settled early in the new year.

No contract distractions in 2013!

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Collingwood's Cloke-strategy was an unmitigated disaster that probably cost us a game or two and certainly led to enormous pressure being placed upon Cloke and his first year coach.

After saying the club would not offer a 5 year deal under any circumstances, the club eventually offered exactly that, but only after months or unnecessary media and supporter pressure.

Perhaps at the AGM a question or two will be asked, but I guess not answered.

Should those involved in this administrative mess (Pert, Walsh, McGuire, Buckley) not front up to supporters and explain how they could get it so wrong?

At the very least, we should demand that this amateurish nonsense never be repeated. Dale Thomas's contract should be swiftly dealt with and settled early in the new year.

No contract distractions in 2013!

i am 100% certain that this will not happen. daisy was injured last year and will want to spend the year setting his market value. the fact that it would make you feel better to know that Daisy has re-signed does not make it the right thing to do.

Maybe this board could just shut up and then the media wont get all excited that rumors about Daisy will sell newspapers.

god i hope this board learned something about the Cloke mess. given we are up to page 3 on this 12 months out of the new contract, i suspect the media will play you all like puppets all year long and you will be in a total frenzy and will have turned on Daisy by june!

Scotch 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:00 am

June? Don't be silly. March at the latest.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 am

<Snip! Enough already - the mods team>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21   

Jump to: