Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#21 Guy Richards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:45 pm
Post subject: Re: Guy Richards Potential ?Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
in 2001 the year he was Drafted he was touted as a Possible 1st Round Draft Pick.

Seeing How Useless he is Now, It got me Wondering.

What did he do in the Under-18's for him to be the Highly Touted?

Does anyone Know?

In 2000 the year he was drafted he was touted wrongly as a ruckmen but in 2005 loki04 saw through this and touted him the luckiest player ever to play elite football.
His career lasting 7 years (maybe Cool hinges on the balance of some nude photos of the coaching staff, which explains how he got so many chances at the elite level despite showing the reflexs of a dead cat and being more co-ordinated than a clown on stilts.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know. . . . YOu tell me.
optimax 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:29 pm

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
The strange thing was during the finals Malthouse spoke of Guy Richards building confidence and the fact that he finally felt part of the team...Pretty sad that he was just starting to feel part of things and then got the chop. Oh well a better player wouldn't have taken so long and ended up so short of average... lol Good luck with being the Worlds Tallest Garbo!

malthouse also said during finals any player that doesnt perform in finals will not be given another chance (or words to it).

Guys career came to an end 10 minutes left last qtr prelim against geelong he gave the softest effort for a tackle ive ever seen on ablett he duly kicked a goal that put geelong 11 points up, guy was dragged from this point and didnt return to the field.

After that we kicked the next goal and had all the run for five minutes before that as well coming back from 18 points.

If guy could of laid a real tackle we may of one but he didnt showed after 7 years he is still physically weak and that moment mick was never going to turn to him again

EBB 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Guy Richards + Danny Nicholls gawn - SEN
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 pm

Quote:
The Collingwood Football Club has completed the first draft of its 2008 primary and rookie team lists. Changes to the list include the delisting of Guy Richards and rookie Daniel Nicholls. The retirement of Nathan Buckley, James Clement and Paul Licuria. The trading of Ben Davies to the Kangaroos and the inclusion of Cameron Wood from the Brisbane Lions.
Irish rookie Martin Clarke has been elevated to the senior list, with Sharrod Wellingham and Brent Macaffer being retained on the rookie list.

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsId=52899

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Guy will be a highly sort after Ruck for the VFL.
Just not quite good enough at AFL level.
Good luck to ya Stretcher.

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:20 pm

A bottom 4 club might pick up Guy as a back up, but I'm glad he is off our list, just couldn't make it in the show.

Danny was just too small.

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:55 pm

he gave it his best and he wore the Collingwood guernsey,thanks for your efforts guy, and all the best in the future ,the same goes for danny nicholls, thank you both.
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:57 pm

i was a bit dissapointed with the nicholls decision...atleast guy was given 7 years of oppurtunitys...nicholls was givin 1 game...but thats life....and hes played 1 more game for AFL than i ever will....good luck in the future guys!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:47 pm

Exclamation

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:59 pm

Good luck, Stretch. I was that excited when we drafted you. Oh well, hope it all works out in the future.

It's one thing to criticise, but another to pour vitriol on someone. Good luck, mate.
luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:16 pm

I agree with some views about Richards, but I think his problem was his injuries and then when he showed something it was a little too late. Who knows what he may have been to us had he bulked up, played more and not been as injured.

Optimax I totally agree with your assesment on his tackle on yablett. The minute I seen that I knew he was gone. I hate saying one person could have cost us the game, but in my gut, his name keeps coming up and it kills me to lay the blame, but I just cant go past it.

Good luck to Guy in the future and I do hope he gets to play footy again, whether it be AFL or VFL.
And I am also a bit disappointed in the Nicholls decision. Played very very well at Willy this year, but was very unlucky to get his one and only game against the eagles. Wasnt really given a chance after that, so he probably knew the writing was on the wall too!!!

optimax 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:22 pm

luvlicca wrote:
Optimax I totally agree with your assesment on his tackle on yablett. The minute I seen that I knew he was gone. I hate saying one person could have cost us the game, but in my gut, his name keeps coming up and it kills me to lay the blame, but I just cant go past it.

thats it mate ive never blamed a player before for a loss but his tackling attempt just wont leave my nighmares

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:25 pm

optimax wrote:
luvlicca wrote:

thats it mate ive never blamed a player before for a loss but his tackling attempt just wont leave my nighmares

I do Blame Players for Losses and the One that came up neally every week was Stretch.

I do hope he plays on at another club but He just did not work out to plan Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: