Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Volunteer Fire Fighter Sacked for Fighting Fires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not that tired.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:29 am
Post subject: Re: Volunteer Fire Fighter Sacked for Fighting FiresReply with quote

Mountains Magpie wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Congrats to the Boss who sacked the guy as confirmed on 3AW. Story will be on the news and a current affair tonight. This is what buisness is about these days.

Are you really that suprised or shocked Dale ?

On a shock horror basis this would rate a 3 out of 10..the volunteer firefigther represent everything that is uniquely Australian..get in there.. help your mates/comrades without favour and or reward, unfortunately many of those qualities are fast eroding from our society not all of them but many of them the boss sacking an employee for fighting fires is a pretty spot on example, the fact is that he is allowed to do it is pretty worrying..and wait for it many sadsacks in society will say he has every right...i thought the volunteer fire fighter was covered by law to prevent this type of thing from happening ?

Now I'm ticked off and this will be my last post EVER here, so ban me if you will but at least have the courage to tell people why and show them this post.

Surely anyone who considers themselves a true Australian would rate this sort of thing as a 20 out of 10 on a shock horror basis.

These qualities are NOT fast eroding - they are dying in the water and waiting to sink and rot at the bottom. The elitist selfishness of those with any sort of 'power' in this country just sickens me. The difference between employees and battery hens is disappearing every single day.

Firstly, the bushfires. As some people at Nicks will know I live in the Blue Mountains and we had our own very scary bushfire emergency last month. The top of the Grose Valley (the valley on the north side of the main ridge) was hit by a dry storm and within two weeks we lost our beloved "Blue Gum Forest" and sure enough, the hand wringing do-gooders all had a big cry about it, not thinking for a moment that without the efforts of our firefighters they might have lost their homes. These people would've been the first to complain if they had have lost their properties. This was the first EVER fire in the Grose Valley that didn't rip it's way down and threaten the townships at the eastern end of the valley.

Secondly, Dave The Man. Congratulations must go to Tess, without whose efforts he would no doubt still be banned. Funny how the reasons behind the banning of people on this site are never divulged by the people who have the 'power' to make these decisions.

Thirdly, the state of our pathetic frightened western society.

1) The founders of Greenpeace have now been disowned by the organisation because they've got the GUTS to get out there and do what they do and now Greenpeace wants to talk about political correctness.

2) Iran recently hosted a conference on the holocaust. Whilst there will always be the radicals who deny it ever happened, the main point being made was 'can we please stop having it rammed down our throat'. The BBC ran a story about the 'global' reaction to this conference. And who did they ask ? Britain, USA, France, Germany, the EU and Israel. No-one from the southern hemisphere, no-one from Africa, no-one from Asia and needless to say no-one from the middle east. Yep, this is the 'global' view. Isn't it funny how everyone knows about the massive tragedy of the Jewish people (It DID happen and it WAS a tragedy) but no-one mentions the 20 million Russians (for example) who died in the SAME WAR ???

3) September 11. Who is not sick and tired of whining Americans ? If it happened here in Australia we would've been saying years ago "get up ya sook". War on terror my backside. Who on Nicks can tell me the original name of BP (that's British Petroleum for those who don't know) ? Anyone ? No hands ? Well I'll tell you. The Anglo-Iranian oil company. It's ALWAYS been about the oil. Go and study what the world was like before the entire global economy became based on a finite resource. How stupid are we ?

4) "Democracy" Most Australians these days are so self-absorbed by their kids tuition fees, their mortgage and keeping their largely unnecessary SUV's (sometimes driven by people who can't see over the dashboard and run over our kids) on the road with affordable petrol/diesel. Children overboard ? WHO CARES. Invading a sovereign nation (the ONLY time since WW2 that military action has been undertaken without the backing of the UN security council) ? WHO CARES. Political parties in this country of any persuasion are NOT representing their constituencies. They are funded by business, so when they are elected they tow the line of those that fund them. Who on Nicks knows that tobacco, chemical and pharmaceutical companies partly fund the Australian Liberal Party ? Not very many I bet. This nation is currently governed by a party that preys on the fear of the population. Did anyone hear that Tamworth in NSW denied a small number of Sudanese the RIGHT to live in their town ? If you know anything about African races, the Sudanese people are largely the Dinka, very tall and very very dark skinned. You'd think they'd stand out like elephants ears in a big town largely populated by anglo-saxon descended people and because of this they'd hardly be likely to cause any trouble while they try to make a new life for themselves in the "lucky country".

5) "Free Speech". Absolutely no such thing in this country my friends. You can go to gaol for calling a spade a spade nowadays. Why do you think the Glasshouse was axed ? Why do you think Ronnie Johns was axed ? Yep, that's right. The majority of people in Australia these days would be called thin skinned, but you need a skin in the first place !! We can't even take a joke or make a joke without some poor whinger having a big cry. Where was the debate on the industrial relations laws, the copyright laws that are coming in on the 1st of January 2007, joining the USA in what is a clear grab for resources (oil), immigration policy, welfare policy, media ownership laws, the environment, the sell off of telstra and medibank private etc etc. How many people know that our icon "vegemite" is owned by Kraft Foods ? And how many people know that the largest stakeholder in Kraft Foods is Phillip Morris ? You know, the tobacco company ???

6) Just to expand, the industrial realtions laws. I have heard of a man who was sacked for attending the birth of his child. You can be sacked for not coming to work because your spouse has died. Why would anyone want to work for an organistaion like this ?

and finally,

7) David Hicks. How can the very nation who is apparently the shining light of democracy hold any person without charge, legal recourse or any rights whatsoever on the one hand and then try to impose their version of democracy on a nation that has NEVER experienced such a thing on the other hand ?

I received the following email a couple of days ago titled "Can we rescue this bloke". Perhaps some of you have seen it in your inbox.

""Obituary of the late Mr. Common Sense.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 -year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on.

If not, join the majority and do nothing.""

What the email failed to mention was the close relatives of 'common sense', namely: common good, common knowledge and common courtesy. Yep, this is the society we now live in and there is little chance of escape in the current social climate.

Reminds me of a little story about a Canadian couple in the early 80s who had convinced themselves that the end was nigh so they researched the 'safest' place in the world that they could move to. They made their decison and moved to..........the Falkland Islands. For those that don't know (and there'll be plenty of 'em) the Falklands were invaded by Argentina in 1982.

Further, I heard a story about a woman who went on a 'farmstay' holiday, witnessed the beheading of the chicken that was to be her dinner, sued and won $4500 for mental anguish. You'd think everyone would know there is a crucial step between the chicken coop and the freezer section of the supermarket now wouldn't you ?

So, what can the average Joe or Jill do ? Absolutely nothing, unless they have a conscience and a sense of community (which will exclude most politicians and business owners). At the second to last federal election a work colleague of mine was not ashamed to admit she didn't vote for the Labor Party because it's leader (Kim Beazley) was 'fat and ugly'. How stupid can you be ???? Get educated people and make your vote count.

I could go on for months but I wouldn't expect peoples' attention spans to last that long.

So, have your little cliquey internet sites, have your little power games but don't come whinging when the real Australians (who come from all over the globe) coming hunting for your pathetic little crying "I'm so important" arses, because you are the people that have destroyed what it used to mean to be an Australian.

You forgot to mention the story of the guy who was kicked of an international flight recently because he had a pic of George Bush on his tee shirt with the wording WORLDS NUMBER ONE TERRORIST....now try and digest that one!!

Last edited by joffa corfe on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:31 am
Post subject: Re: Volunteer Fire Fighter Sacked for Fighting FiresReply with quote

Mountains Magpie wrote:
...lots...

One of the best pieces of writing I have ever read in my life. Well done.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:44 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Secondly, Dave The Man. Congratulations must go to Tess, without whose efforts he would no doubt still be banned. Funny how the reasons behind the banning of people on this site are never divulged by the people who have the 'power' to make these decisions.

Rubbish. Was 'temporarily' banned by me for a couple of weks. In the initial mail I sent him informing him of his ban, I told him we'll see him back on Boxing Day. What ssems like people power is just misinformation. The 'reason' for his ban was racist posting. Not his first 'temporary' ban either, he has been off for a week or two for , despite several messages requesting him not to, starting new threads when there was already an existing thread on that topic. We' don't publicly announce the reasons for banning, but you can rest assured, we don't take the banning of anyone lightly, and a permanent ban is a last resort.

Moderating means exactly that. moderating behaviour, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story and cast it as power mad mods gone mad. I'd prefer it if I didn't have to edit anything on this board, but unfortunately some folks seem to believe in respecting the 'rules' of civil behaviour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: