Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jeremy Dukes.....gone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:49 am
Post subject: Jeremy Dukes.....goneReply with quote

he is now playing for arch enemy port melbourne who have also recruited bo nixon
WKB 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst Dukesy didn't play this season he is a big player who will be sorely missed at Williamstown, one of my favourites. Sadly now in the Port Melbourne he'll get the same treatment Cam Cloke will in Carlton colours.

Interested to see if the recruiting of the bigger players by collingwood made the decision for him or if he had decided to leave before then. No doubt with these tall young kids playing Dukesy might have spent a bit of time in the reserves and to his credit he is much better than that.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:35 pm

Apparently, Julian Rowe is also now training at TEAC.
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:23 am

i dont think williamstown will be recruiting many talls cut from afl lists as we have drafted plenty who the club will want game time for in the vfl

hopefully they can get another 1 or 2 experienced midfielders to help the kids out, greene and johnson were quite good last year

WKB 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:55 am

Looks to be a pretty big clear-out at the Towners.

Dale61 you would be able to confirm or deny some of these, if they are official.

Pearcey gone to Port Melbourne along with Dukesy, and potentially Rowe and Fanning.

Nick McArdle, Heath Lawry also on the way out. Yakka gone obviously, The clokes.

Are Williamstown looking at Jason Cloke in any way?

Also what of the rumours that Matty Lokan may be on his way to Williamstown next season?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:32 am

The word is that Jason Cloke is looking across the border at SANFL clubs.
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:54 am

i doubt jcloke will be wanted by willy with so many young talls drafted we want them to get game time
Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:37 am

WKB wrote:
Looks to be a pretty big clear-out at the Towners.

Dale61 you would be able to confirm or deny some of these, if they are official.

Pearcey gone to Port Melbourne along with Dukesy, and potentially Rowe and Fanning.

Nick McArdle, Heath Lawry also on the way out. Yakka gone obviously, The clokes.

Are Williamstown looking at Jason Cloke in any way?

Also what of the rumours that Matty Lokan may be on his way to Williamstown next season?

There has been a huge exodus from Burbank Oval, with most crossing the West Gate for Port Melbourne.

Heath Lawry, Dean Galea and Jackson Barling have gone to SA, Luke Theodore has accepted the Captain/Coach position at Spotswood, Brad Lloyd will be playing in the EDFL (Avondale Heights), Rayden Tallis has retired, and Steven Brewer has also gone to Port Melbourne. Nick McArdle is another rumoured to have crossed to Port, along with Fanning and Rowe. FWIW, Bo Nixon has already signed to play for Port in 2007.

The rumours I've heard is that the Gulls have signed Lokan, but nothing yet confirmed, and there is also some interest in getting Chipper Adkins signed.

In yet another rumour, it's being reported that Rohan Smith may take on an onfield leadership role at Williamstown, but he's currently playing cricket for the Williamstown CC, so nothing definite at this stage. Bubba was drafted from the Western Jets, and played his junior footy in the local league, so anything is possible.
WKB 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:32 am

Dale61 wrote:

In yet another rumour, it's being reported that Rohan Smith may take on an onfield leadership role at Williamstown, but he's currently playing cricket for the Williamstown CC, so nothing definite at this stage. Bubba was drafted from the Western Jets, and played his junior footy in the local league, so anything is possible.

This could be a fantastic coup for the Gulls, ready made leader who i'm thinking will have the same impact that Fletch did in his time at the club.

I know a few of the boys who crossed to Port are thinking of playing more senior footy as a lot of them played a lot of reserves at towners when their form didn't warrant it but bloody Port. I know now I'll be screaming at Pearcey to shut up, when I used to applaud his booming on field instructions. Dukesy's the one that will kill me, bit of a cult hero of mine in my short time supporting the Towners.

Lawry, Galea will be missed. Same with Jackson Barling who to be fair should be a walk up start in any senior side, able to play at both ends but couldn't get senior games.

Tallis well i'm not sure such a great loss, one of the more dissappointing signings for Williamstown I thought.

If they sign Chipper my sister will have a coniption (sp), I still don't think she has forgiven Collingwood for getting rid of him, but we've all had our strange favourites over time. Hell I had Craig Starcevich's number on the back of my jumper.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:53 pm

WKB, as I said, it's just a rumour at this stage re: Chipper, as there are 4-5 other VFL clubs also after him (Frankston being but one).

Still nothing official about the Matty Lokan signing, but there are a few on a VFL who seem to think this is already a given.

I think the reason for the exodus to Port is the Saade Ghazi / Troy West coaching combination. Therefore, in a way, Port will become a lot more like Williamstown than the Port stalwarts will realise.
WKB 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:10 pm

Dale61 wrote:
WKB, as I said, it's just a rumour at this stage re: Chipper, as there are 4-5 other VFL clubs also after him (Frankston being but one).

Still nothing official about the Matty Lokan signing, but there are a few on a VFL who seem to think this is already a given.

I think the reason for the exodus to Port is the Saade Ghazi / Troy West coaching combination. Therefore, in a way, Port will become a lot more like Williamstown than the Port stalwarts will realise.

Fair enough about chipper, just my sister hasn't shut up about him for the last 4 years.

Bloody hell I stay away from the Williamstown site and news and so much happens. Are you saying that Westy has gone to Port as assistant coach? Westy and Port Melbourne, just doesn't seem right.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:45 pm

WKB, FYI, 2007 will be Westy's second season at TEAC Oval.

Last season, he was an assistant coach, working with the backmen.
WKB 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:47 am

Dale61 wrote:
WKB, FYI, 2007 will be Westy's second season at TEAC Oval.

Last season, he was an assistant coach, working with the backmen.

See this is how much I think of Westy as Williamstown because i'm sure I'd seen him at a few of the Towners games, even hanging around the quarter-time huddles etc. Which now was clearly 2005 after he had quit playing early in the season, so there you go.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:20 pm

When he retired, Westy helped out coaching staff and took some of the younger defenders under his wing.

Saade offered him an assistant coaching role at Port, which he snapped up. Port didn't have to worry about their AFL aligned club choosing the coaching staff, because as you know, they were a stand-alone club last season.

Port have gone ona major recruiting spree and have signed a lot of players, so don't be surprised to see them be the big improvers in 2007.
The Evil Kinevil 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:32 pm

We are getting Dean Limbach from Richmond
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: