Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Christmas spirit?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you keep track of your pace or distance?
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:30 am

eddies bank balance wrote:
Sunday, I noticed a merc pulled up on side of the road. The boot was up and exposed the 'reflective safety triangle' to simulate "broken down". I asked the female driver if she would like some assistance, she replied "well yes, if you know how to change a tyre". I started to empty the boot to get to the spare wheel, one item I removed from the boot was a box of home grown tomatoes. I passed comment on how juicy the tomatoes looked. Whilst changing the tyre she told me that, their business supplied "particular" markets with organic fruit & vegies. Now, I stopped to offer help out of kindness and free will, But as soon as I saw those juicy tomatoes I wanted to be rewarded (with tomatoes). I walked away empty handed. Rolling Eyes

Apparently us blokes only stop for young good looking women( Which isn't really true btw.)

Are you sure you had your eyes on the tomatoes and not the melons? Wink
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:11 am

On the whole legal thingi, i did my first aid and i was told you have no obligation to stop and help, but once you do you cant stop until the ambos have arrived. I think that i am a pretty caring person however im not sure whether i would stop and help anyone in fear of my safety, eg pull over and then they take my car or rob me. However catching the train everyday i see some pretty shitty things happen, like ipods getting stolen, ppl getting bashed ect... but there is know way when i am by myself that i am going to risk getting bashed and robbed, i know its selfish but in this day and age i very much doubt that anybody would actually help me. I wouldn't expect it. Thugs are ruling the world, and have every1 in fear...

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:30 am

bucksisgod wrote:

Apparently us blokes only stop for young good looking women( Which isn't really true btw.)

That's right, it aint true.

bucksisgod wrote:
Are you sure you had your eyes on the tomatoes and not the melons? Wink

I cannot be stereotyped so I will say this; gravity and time has caught up with this woman.

Favourites 2006 wrote:
I think that i am a pretty caring person however im not sure whether i would stop and help anyone in fear of my safety, eg pull over and then they take my car or rob me.

When adrenalin kicks-in, so does humanity. Material possessions aren't considered.

As for doctors, 2 reasons a doctor may drive past a car accident; fear of a lawsuit and lack of First Aid knowledge. They have told me this.

Last edited by eddies bank balance on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:40 am

eddies bank balance wrote:
as soon as I saw those juicy tomatoes I wanted to be rewarded (with tomatoes). I walked away empty handed. Rolling Eyes

lmao EBB Laughing that made my day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: