Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Christmas spirit?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:38 am
Post subject: Christmas spirit?Reply with quote

Did anyone else see the story on Channel 10 of the 53 yr old female pensioner who had an epileptic fit whilst out shopping for her Christmas decorations?

On a busy road - the only person who stopped to help was a "delightful" creature who robbed her of her pension money and the Christmas decorations she had gone to buy - lovely Evil or Very Mad

This poor soul was left with a $1.20 for the next two weeks and is now terrified to leave the house lest she have another fit

Bloody hell what sort of society do we live in these days Rolling Eyes

For any person to be scared to leave their their home because they are epileptic is disgraceful and unacceptable in this day and age - the apes have progressed further than we have managed to date

Merry Xmas Embarassed

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

says a lot about our society, doesn't it... a nasty mix of apathy and selfishness Sad
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:28 am

Im not suprised unfortunately the low life scum on this planet seem to multiplying at an alarming rate,

Try this one....

A group of young people walk past a person having a seizure laugh and mutter under breath but quite loud enough to hear...The retard must be having a spaz attack...on this ocassion i was with emma in the heart of the city...i had the situation under control because she's been having them since 13 years of age but out of hundreds and hundreds who walked past only one person an off duty nursing sister on her way home from work got down on her knees and offered to help.

Make no mistake at our worst the human being is the greatest piece of living crap on this planet.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:31 am

Oh a rock group. My favorite group is No Doubt.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:40 am

These days when something like this is happening people are more likely to pull out their mobile phone not to call her help but to take video & post it on you-tube. I have heard of instances where teens have been too busy filming & taking pics of car crashes instead of calling 000.

But in a nutshell - People suck!

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:01 pm

I'm not saying I agree with what those thugs did but looking at it from a different angle.......my husband stopped once to help a young girl who had broken down on the Tulla Fwy. She cried and screamed out Rape, so he just left her there.

I'm afraid I would never stop for anyone.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:21 pm

I thought this thread was going to be about Christmas Spirits (like chivas Regal or something), but it really saddens me that this is what has become of the human race.

We all used to care about others. We cared about our neighbours, now people are far to scared to get involved, or some of them are the scum of the earth and see an easy target.

I personally check on my elderly neighbour every day (even by just checking that the blinds are up/down or the window is open/closed) and then I know that she's ok. Her 2 sons don't seem to care and rarely visit her, admittedly one is in Traralgan, however, the other (and 2 of her grandchildren) are in the next suburb.

It's a sad sad world we live in.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:33 pm

What do you reckon the reasons are? Because it is very true that we have become a very selfish society. Some might blame the rejection of religion, I don't know if that is the case or whether it even makes sense, but at the moment there don't seem to be any answers and it's probably only going to get worse.
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Please be careful not to fall into the trap to think soceity is "getting worse" or "people are apathetic etc".

Basically at any time in history; there have been good people and there have been bad people.

I mean I give an example. My sister's car broke down 2 weeks ago-No fewer than 5 cars slowed down and asked to see if she was ok.

Sure today's people may seem a little "self-centred". But guess what; most of them are also a lot more tolerant of differences in people than those of times past.

I adhere to the view that deep down; most people are generally decent people-there are always exceptions but I don't know maybe as the song goes "you may say i'm a dreamer"....

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:12 pm

hmm I don't know. I don't believe in concepts like 'good' and 'bad' people. Sure though, there are a lot who care about others, maybe it's the way they were brought up, it just seems like so many don't. What was so bad about the story above wasn't the delinquent who robbed the old woman, it was the many many people who simply didn't want to get involved for whatever reason.
But are we so much more tolerant of differences now than when we used to? On the surface perhaps, but I still see a lot of racist attitudes... people are just afraid to say it now, that's all. And don't believe that everybody 100 years ago were card-carrying members of the KKK, from the little I've read and seen, the racism wasn't nearly as bad as what people think.

Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Fair enough David (please don't take my previous post as an attack on you-it was meant as a general response).

It does annoy me things like what happened to that poor woman.
I just always hope that ever faced in the situation, most people would do the right thing.

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:22 pm

David wrote:
What do you reckon the reasons are? Because it is very true that we have become a very selfish society. Some might blame the rejection of religion, I don't know if that is the case or whether it even makes sense, but at the moment there don't seem to be any answers and it's probably only going to get worse.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:49 pm

nuxta wrote:
David wrote:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

well that may be your beliefs nuxta, but i believe i'm a good person because i have had a decent upbringing and had morals instilled in me and I actually CARE about other people, just as i have taught my daughter to have these beliefs.

As I said to her one day about her Baptist uncle and aunt who were so judgemental, "they maybe Baptists and go to church every week and preach to everyone within earshot, but that doesn't make them decent human beings and in fact, even though we don't go to church regularly, we are much more christian than they ever would be."

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:06 pm

Didaicos wrote:
please don't take my previous post as an attack on you

Nah man I didn't take it that way at all, it's cool.

PP I have wondered in the past whether if everyone was brought up in such a way as you describe, we would live in a kind of utopian society. It may seem far-fetched, but I think its certainly possible, if only people were brought up as children to respect others and stuff.

Nuxta that is a very interesting verse, as it does seem to pretty much sum up the post 1960s developed world.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:55 am

more examples of human nature.....and up to 60 witnesses, but not one offer of help.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20884292-2862,00.html

Gang bashes and robs trio
Wayne Flower

December 07, 2006 12:00am

A COUPLE and their friend are still nursing wounds today after
being bashed and robbed by a gang of thugs at St Kilda Beach.

Or and Alexis, who requested their names be withheld for fear of reprisals, and their friend were bloodied and bruised by the attack.
The pair said a gang had set upon them in daylight moments after Or chided a teenage girl for smashing a bottle on the footpath near Donovan's restaurant.

Alexis said the girl had responded to her husband with a tirade of abuse before punching her in the face with a clenched fist, knocking her to the ground.

"Seconds later, 15 to 20 blokes came from nowhere and started punching and kicking my husband and our friend," Alexis said.

Or, a restaurant chef, said he had pleaded with the gang to stop as they kicked and punched him to the ground.

"They kept kicking us while we were down," he said. "We just covered our heads and crawled."

The youths stole the group's mobile phones, sunglasses, iPods and money before fleeing.

Alexis said the attack was seen by up to 60 people, who, like them, had gone to the beach to escape Tuesday's scorching heat.

"There were people all around us, but no one came to help," Alexis said. "But who could really blame them?"

Or said he was still in shock after the attack.

"All I did was politely ask the girl to pick up the glass she'd just smashed all over a busy footpath," he said. "I don't know how something like this could happen."

Anyone who witnessed the attack should phone St Kilda police, or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: