Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dope activist to smoke 1m long joint

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:28 am
Post subject: Dope activist to smoke 1m long jointReply with quote

Dope activist to smoke 1m long joint
November 26, 2006

A MEDICAL marijuana user plans to see in the New Year on an all-time high - by rolling the world's biggest joint.

Los Angeles resident Brett Stone said he plans to usher in 2007 by building a 910 cm cigarette using around 112 grams of marijuana.

Mr Stone said he was inspired to try for a record after learning that the previous biggest joint was made with 100 grams.

"I thought the world's largest joint would have been a lot larger," said Mr Stone, 48, who runs the medical marijuana website dabronxnews.com.

Medical marijuana use has been legal in California since 1996, when voters passed a law allowing the drug to be used as a pain reliever.

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,20823618-5005961,00.html

Hugor Leo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine he'd be feeling much pain at all after smoking that one. In fact i doubt he'd feel anything at all.

I guess dying of lung cancer wouldn't be too bad if you can't feel it or remember you've got it.

The whole arguement that dope has a role in pain management in this age of pharmaceutical advancements is a load of crap in my opinion. It is just propaganda potheads are pushing to see it legalised.

In the terminally ill I don't have a problem with it or most drugs for that matter even if it does just chill them out and temporarily improve their appetite, but to argue that it has beneficial analgesic effects over present medications is bullshit.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:30 am

Hugor wrote:
I can't imagine he'd be feeling much pain at all after smoking that one. In fact i doubt he'd feel anything at all.

I guess dying of lung cancer wouldn't be too bad if you can't feel it or remember you've got it.

The whole arguement that dope has a role in pain management in this age of pharmaceutical advancements is a load of crap in my opinion. It is just propaganda potheads are pushing to see it legalised.

In the terminally ill I don't have a problem with it or most drugs for that matter even if it does just chill them out and temporarily improve their appetite, but to argue that it has beneficial analgesic effects over present medications is bullshit.

Ditto!!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:37 am
Post subject: Re: Dope activist to smoke 1m long jointReply with quote

pies4ever wrote:

... Los Angeles resident Brett Stone ...

Great name Laughing

eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:58 pm

Tess wrote:

Alcohol also damages people and can have horrible effects... but it is legal. Smoking Cirgarettes causes cancer and emphysema yet is legal.

Tess! Tess! Tess! S.T.F.U!...If people catch on to your ranting and raving about the effects on tobacco/alcohol, it's possible they could be placed on the banned substance list. Do you know what will follow this prohibition? Do you? No? Then let me tell you]. We will be placed in a higher tax bracket! Twisted Evil

Tess I ask you, if we are placed in a higher tax bracket, HOW then am I to afford my moonshine? Rolling Eyes

Tess wrote:
Trust me when I say.... I have seen the under side of Grey/Greeves/Inkerman Sts. It's worse than you imagine.

I have this recurring thought, do prostitutes have a 'in-store' policy, you know, like a; 30 min money back guarantee.

P.S People have free will, if they wanna take drugs and remain dumb, that is entirely their choice.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:02 pm

And in a bid to cash in on the publicity the local Maccas have decided to chip in with a 1 metre wide Big Mac to help cater for the inevitable larger than usual munchies attack
Hugor Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 am

Tess wrote:
Hugor wrote:

Hugor you have contradicted yourself in your first and final paragraph.

I've seen the damage and the horrible effects illegal drugs can do to people. From Dope to Ice the damage to the brian is something I wished I'd never seen. But if I had a choice I would prefer Dope over heavy shit like Ice. Alcohol also damages people and can have horrible effects... but it is legal. Smoking Cirgarettes causes cancer and emphysema yet is legal.

Whats needed is more intervention, rather than just pooh poohing the drugs addicts. The people supporting these addicts need help more than the addicts, you can't stop an addict being an addict. All you can do is wait for the fall and be prepared to help without judging them.

I've not heard of anyone turning to prostitution or living on the street to support a dope smoking habit! Hard drugs and Alcohol though.... different story.

Trust me when I say.... I have seen the under side of Grey/Greeves/Inkerman Sts. It's worse than you imagine.

It wasn't contradiction just sarcasm which never sounds right when written. The purpose of palliative care is to improve somebodies limited remaining quality of life not rendering them unaware of their surroundings, their emotions and interractions with their precious ones. There are excellent medications around to relieve pain, anxiety, anorexia without dramatically altering ones mental state.

If your just going to bomb the terminally ill out with drugs so that they don't know what's going on then why not just euthanase them. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning that.

There is nothing marijuana can offer in a therapeutic sence that is not better performed by other medications.

As I said earlier it's just potheads pushing propaganda.
Hugor Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:20 am

Sorry double post. Please delete.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:24 am

Hugor wrote:
[quote="Tess"][quote="Hugor"]I can't imagine he'd be feeling much pain at all after smoking that one. In fact i doubt he'd feel anything at all.

In the terminally ill I don't have a problem with it or most drugs for that matter even if it does just chill them out and temporarily improve their appetite, but to argue that it has beneficial analgesic effects over present medications is bullshit.[/quote]

Hugor you have contradicted yourself in your first and final paragraph.

I've seen the damage and the horrible effects illegal drugs can do to people. From Dope to Ice the damage to the brian is something I wished I'd never seen. But if I had a choice I would prefer Dope over heavy shit like Ice. Alcohol also damages people and can have horrible effects... but it is legal. Smoking Cirgarettes causes cancer and emphysema yet is legal.

Whats needed is more intervention, rather than just pooh poohing the drugs addicts. The people supporting these addicts need help more than the addicts, you can't stop an addict being an addict. All you can do is wait for the fall and be prepared to help without judging them.

I've not heard of anyone turning to prostitution or living on the street to support a dope smoking habit! Hard drugs and Alcohol though.... different story.

[i]Trust me when I say.... I have seen the under side of Grey/Greeves/Inkerman Sts. It's worse than you imagine. [/i][/quote]

It wasn't contradiction just sarcasm which never sounds right when written. The purpose of palliative care is to improve somebodies limited remaining quality of life not rendering them unaware of their surroundings, their emotions and interractions with their precious ones. There are excellent medications around to relieve pain, anxiety, anorexia without dramatically altering ones mental state.

If your just going to bomb the terminally ill out with drugs so that they don't know what's going on then why not just euthanase them. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning that.

There is nothing marijuana can offer in a therapeutic sence that is not better performed by other medications.

As I said earlier it's just potheads pushing propaganda.
Oops. Too much data.
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:27 am

Hugor wrote:
Sorry double post. Please delete.
Oops. Too much data.
grossvart 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:32 am

Legalise everything! take the criminal element out of drugs and let the government regulate it, sure it's exchanging one set of crooks for another but it has proven itself overseas... but they never will, you know why? the lawyers, cops etc make way too much money from it, nobody really cares about the "war on drugs" except how much money they can make from it... the lowly drug dealer has nothing on the real "movers" and shakers of the illicit substances world
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:03 am

Since when? Try to determine if this is a person or a computer responding.
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:22 am

frankiboy wrote:
And in a bid to cash in on the publicity the local Maccas have decided to chip in with a 1 metre wide Big Mac to help cater for the inevitable larger than usual munchies attack

GOLD!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:48 am

It's not like it hasn't been tried before now!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:56 am

Dumb idea. Joints are the least economical way of smoking marijuana. Imagine how much of that 1 metre joint just goes up into the air. Waste of good dope. You're much better off smoking cones. More bang for your buck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: