Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not enough Dave_the_man threads

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is very sad, especially if he does have a disability.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Do we really know that for sure? If it is the case then I'm pretty disgusted with some of the comments I'm reading. I'm also saddened and disappointed Dave was banned if it were true. The mods do appear to have shown some leniency but in saying that I'm not aware of the full facts. Must be difficult trying to please everyone, I don't envy their job for one minute
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Well, this is the difficult thing, if someone did have a personality disorder the question would be whether to let the person keep on posting because its not their fault, or look after the needs of the other posters?

My problem is though, how thin-skinned are we? OK, even I was annoyed by Dave at times but not nearly enough to want him banned. As far as I could see, his worst fault was the sheer amount of posts he made, but look if this really irritated people, isn't that what the ignore function is for?

I don't believe anybody was really offended by his post in the soccer thread, they just wanted an excuse to see him gone. The posters' complaint was based on 'racial intolerance' when they themselves show much more blatant intolerance in their own actions (in regard to Dave). How incredibly ironic.

People depress me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:27 pm

hear, hear David
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:28 pm

David wrote:
Well, this is the difficult thing, if someone did have a personality disorder the question would be whether to let the person keep on posting because its not their fault, or look after the needs of the other posters?

People depress me.

who says he had a personality disorder????????????

ffs, there are many disabilities out there that aren't visible to the naked eye.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:32 pm

Humans are not always infallible.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:37 pm

frankiboy wrote:
Do we really know that for sure? If it is the case then I'm pretty disgusted with some of the comments I'm reading. I'm also saddened and disappointed Dave was banned if it were true. The mods do appear to have shown some leniency but in saying that I'm not aware of the full facts. Must be difficult trying to please everyone, I don't envy their job for one minute

do we know for sure? many months ago, i actually pm'd Dave and asked if he needed help with anything, because I could see he wasn't doing these things on purpose, and that there was a reason for it.

Dave told me and although he did not give me permission to let others know, he also didn't say I couldn't say anything, however, I'm just respecting his privacy in not doing so.

I have told some of the moderators so that they could have a better understanding as I felt that Dave was being singled out by many many people on this board.

It only takes a minute to pm a person and ask if everything is ok.

My daughter's half brother has the same thing as Dave, so I know a little about it (not much admittedly) and he himself says.. "Nobody will want to marry me, because they won't want to put up with me". This from a 10 year old child.

My apologies to Dave that I've actually said something, but i felt that people needed to have a bit of understanding. Everytime someone attacked Dave, i did say something in support of him but it wasn't up to me to disclose what he had told me.

Dave has tried to actually understand the issues, even to the point where he ensured that he used a spell checker to help with his posts. That was what he himself did after all the complaints with his spelling, which showed he did try.

Last edited by Proud Pies on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm

It's the internet and it should be a free for all for abuse or anything else that wants to be said as long as it doesn't become personal.

If he puts a ridiculous thread up, he should be slammed for it.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:03 pm

This has made me very sad indeed. There are people here that constantly degrade, abuse, slander and all other types of things against our famous club, players, staff and some of our supporters, yet they are still allowed to be on here.

You just never know who you are dealing with on the internet. You just never never know.

Thanks for a bit of the info PP. I hope it makes a few people stop and think.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:25 pm

hoggy wrote:
It's the internet and it should be a free for all for abuse or anything else that wants to be said as long as it doesn't become personal.

If he puts a ridiculous thread up, he should be slammed for it.

So it's ok to slam him as long as you don't get personal?
Geez I'm not sure which I'd prefer

Banquo's Ghost Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:11 pm

Bygones
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Tess wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:
This has made me very sad indeed. There are people here that constantly degrade, abuse, slander and all other types of things against our famous club, players, staff and some of our supporters, yet they are still allowed to be on here.

You just never know who you are dealing with on the internet. You just never never know.

Thanks for a bit of the info PP. I hope it makes a few people stop and think.

So says little miss perfect!

I think Dave should be allowed back into the Nicks family, but a short stay away may help him. I too am saddened by all the crap he has had to deal with as I can relate to the personal attacks and snide comments(look above). Rolling Eyes Some people say the right things to look good and caring, other just go ahead do it. Well done Jacqui, I hope he is allowed to re-enter soon.

Tess, knowing what I do know about the issue, I don't think a short stay away will help, i don't think it will make any difference, so even when he does come back, don't expect a change, it's something that he cannot help.

pica 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:18 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
There are people here that constantly degrade, abuse, slander and all other types of things against our famous club, players, staff and some of our supporters, yet they are still allowed to be on here.

Hope you're not having a shot at me !!
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:25 pm

pica wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:
There are people here that constantly degrade, abuse, slander and all other types of things against our famous club, players, staff and some of our supporters, yet they are still allowed to be on here.

Hope you're not having a shot at me !!

I wasn't having a shot at any in particular when it all boils down, just going on previous posts i've read in the season where these things have happened, but if you were doin it? hmmm

Hugor Leo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Paranoia exposes the guilty
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: