Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mc-Halal-Donalds!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really what does Macca's are not making it clear that the Food available is Halal sound like?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:33 pm

i'm pretty sure they have a Kosher Maccas in Melbourne too.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:43 pm

And in other developments

For the Russians - Big Maccinov - made strictly from potatoes

for Italians - Big Macco - made strictly from horses heads

for Greeks - Big Makinos - made strictly from olives and garlic sauce

and for the Kiwis - Big Macbro - made strictly from lambs which have been pleasured before slaughtered

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:48 pm

Good on them, after all there are many families (including mine) who can't eat McDonald's because of such reasons .

The reason kosher (and I presume halal as well) meat is produced in such a way is so that those eating the meat don't consume any blood (the eating of blood is forbidden in the Bible and I guess it must also be in the Koran). It is a relatively brutal way to kill the animal, but let's face it, we all know that meat comes from animals, and that they have to be slaughtered for it to occur. I reckon if you hung around a normal abbatoir you'd probably find the methods used pretty brutal anyway.

As for people getting upset about it being blessed according to Islamic rules, they need to get over themselves.

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:27 pm

If you come to live in Australia, then you live the way we do. You eat what we eat. We shouldn't have to cater to anyone.
And if you don't like........you know, you can always go back home.
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:33 pm

Who cares, Maccas is just reprocessed cardboard anyway.
I've never understood the attraction of it....

maggies_4_eva wrote:
If you come to live in Australia, then you live the way we do. You eat what we eat. We shouldn't have to cater to anyone.

To be fair, you'd be hard pressed to find a country that doesn't have McDonalds.

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:38 pm

maggies_4_eva wrote:

It was purely a business decision by McDonalds to create more revenue, nobody forced them. What the hell has coming to Australia got to do with it? It's racist and religious intolerances such as yours which is not needed in this country. 'We' shouldn't have to put up with that

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:01 pm

good point Frankiboy

Anyway, one of the best things about Australia is that we are accepting of all religions bar scientology Wink

Part of the Islamic religion (and a number of others as well) is that they can't eat a certain kind of meat. Now, I'm not saying that McDonald's or anyone else should be forced to provide that kind of meat for them, but if they do, good on them. And, as Frankiboy said, the decision was only made so that the company could make more money, supply/demand, and all that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Tess, I agree with you in principle but would it really make a difference to your eating experience if the meat was slaughtered and blessed rather than stunned then killed and unblessed? And BTW what exactly is a 'normal' Australian?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:30 pm

You sure the bacon wasn't unavailable due to it being out of stock? I actually lived around the corner from there for about a year up until 6 months ago and I don't recall ever seeing such a sign. Is it just recently?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:05 pm

The window the first time he or she saw it is where it's at.
member34258 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:00 am

I oppose the halal meat purely on the grounds of animal suffering. Because of this I think Maccas have a duty to inform customers at these outlets that the barbaric slaughter practise has been used in the preparation of the food. A small sign, such as Tess describes, is insufficient.
We all have a right to make choices. But we all have a right to be fully informed about these choices.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:54 am

Good on maccas

Halal isnt a different meat ....the animal faces mecca and is blessed under the name of allah...i hope i got the proceedure right i think im spot on someone please let me know.

Do i detect a smidge of muslim bashing with those who are opposed to halal meat...if thats the case and if im right shame on the bloody lot of you...i live in the midst of a muslim suberb...they are wonderful and truly friendly people and generally dont deserve the crap they cop from uneducated trailer park trash white australians...who believe it or not still think we live in the early 1950's with our very much then disgusting white Australia policy.

Macdonalds introduce halal meat to accomodate their religous beliefs how fantastic is that...our multicultural society is working the way it should and this country is far better for it!

Last edited by joffa corfe on Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:59 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Good on maccas

Halal isnt a different meat ....the animal faces mecca and is blessed under the name of allah...i hope i got the proceedure right i think im spot on someone please let me know.

Do i detest a smidge of muslim bashing with those who are opposed to halal meat...if thats the case and if im right shame on the bloody lot of you...i live in the midst of a muslim suberb...they are wonderful and truly friendly people and generally dont deserve the crap they cop from uneducated trailer park trash white australians...who believe it or not still think we live in the early 1950's with our very much then disgusting white Australia policy.

Macdonalds introduce halal meat to accomodate their religous beliefs how fantastic is that...our multicultural society is working the way it should and this country is far better for it!

LMFAO @ the term Uneducated.

And do I detest Australian bashing? (Trailer park trash white Australians).
TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:11 pm

joffa corfe wrote:

You are spot on brother.

The purpose of the Islamic method of slaughtering animals, known as Zabiha is to ensure that the animal suffers as little pain as possible, whilst practicing safe hygiene. The animal has to be slaughtered with a sharp object (knife) and in a fast way so that the pain of slaughter is minimised. The slaughtering is to be done by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord.

The swift cutting of vessels of the neck disconnects the flow of blood to the nerve of the brain responsible for pain. Thus, minimising the pain. While dying, the animal struggles, shakes and kicks, not due to pain, but due to the contraction and relaxation of the muscles deficient in blood and due to the flow of blood out of the body.

Dave you mentioned the blood being drained, this is to drain out most of the blood which would serve as a good culture medium for micro organisms. The spinal cord must not be cut because the nerve fibres to the heart could be damaged during the process causing cardiac arrest, stagnating the blood in the blood vessels. Blood can contain germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. Therefore the Muslim way of slaughtering also places special emphasis on hygiene as most of the blood containing germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. that are the cause of several diseases are eliminated.
I should also say that it is totally permissible for Muslims to eat meat that is blessed by a Priest or a Rabbi.

Joffa, Cheers mate. I look forward to seeing you again at the PWA at Tullamarine at some stage. Peace be upon you brother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: