Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The VICTORY experience

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking about my next sentence Perth played defensively and it wasn't good?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:29 am

I'm glad some can measure the excitement of a game by the scoreline, if one watched the game they may have seen more then what Joffa was talking about.

I watched a game that was 0-0 for most of it, near misses, both teams almost scoring then out of nowhere a goal is scored.

But hey, that was boring right?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:41 am

The Prototype wrote:
I'm glad some can measure the excitement of a game by the scoreline, if one watched the game they may have seen more then what Joffa was talking about.

I watched a game that was 0-0 for most of it, near misses, both teams almost scoring then out of nowhere a goal is scored.

But hey, that was boring right?

Yes. Isn't scoring the object?
Getting exited over a near miss shows how bored you were. If teams were actually scoring near misses wouldn't be such a highlight. Very Happy
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Well firstly you need to understand appreciate the football. People need to understand that it is possible to chant and watch the game at the same time. People in Australia are a bit slow to pick up this concept. It isnt that hard.

As for the crowd aspect it is sensational and the Northern Terrace goes off big time. Have met quite a few afl converts who all say the atmosphere is much better at the Victory games.

jlc

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:12 pm

Exclamation

Last edited by ~Madness~ on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:26 pm

Atmosphere is better at a storm game? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thats $£$%^%%$ hilarious, they are bigger tryhards than our cheersquad and they suck at it

But you gotta love the constant

"Melbourne" ding, ding, ding Rolling Eyes
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:29 pm

That's just your personal opinion.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm

themonk wrote:
jc - welcome to the buzz the world game creates.

bazdaddy - have you ever sat through a slow day at the cricket & still enjoyed yourself?

I've said it before, no reason why both codes can't co-exist.
Fair call. I have, in the "hooligan" area of Bay 13. Howwever I would still say that is more exciting than watching a game of soccer.
Quote:
Very uneducated comment.
Yeah do explain how that is uneducated.
Quote:

Atmosphere is better at a storm game? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thats $£$%^%%$ hilarious, they are bigger tryhards than our cheersquad and they suck at it

But you gotta love the constant

"Melbourne" ding, ding, ding
The games still more exciting than a game of soccer. They give it their best. It's better than any other league team supporters come up with.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 pm

Joffa its good to see you enjoyed yourself, and as others have pointed out if you enjoyed yourself that much last night with the way Perth were making the game look you would have loved last week against CCM, i have been going to Victory games since day one and am proud of the way we have created the best atmosphere in the country.

The fact that we have 2 ends with completely different styles of support is just great for our team and shows how far Football has come in a short amount of time.

JLC- great to see you again last night, its been a while.

'I LOVE DANNY ALLSOPP, DANNY ALLSOPP LOVES ME'!

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:07 pm

[quote="bucksisgod"]
DaicosMagic wrote:
If you thought last night was good, Joffa, you should've been at the Dome last week for the 3-3 draw with CCM (when MV were down to 9 men after half time). People who just look at the scoreline (i.e. 0-0 after 88 mins) are kidding themselves). Last night wasn't a good example because Perth played for a draw and played defensively. ]

So on one hand people who see a nil-nil scoeline after 88 min are kidding themselves(Of what I'm not sure), indicating you thought it was exiting. But in your next sentence Perth played defensively and it wasn't so good.
Which is it?

I was typing quickly at work and didn't explain myself properly.

My point is, and using a better example, the Melbourne vs Adelaide game (where Adelaide scored the only goal in the 82nd) was billed as one of the games of the season, and it looked as if no one was going to score after many near misses. That would've been a better example (0-0 after 82 minutes - boring? HELL NO). My example with the CCM game (that ended 3-3) was that even if the scoreline was 0-0 at half time, the second half (9 vs 11 men) was so intense and exciting, the scoreline was nearly irrelevant to the overall brilliance of the contest. Last night was not a good example, because the game was a dour struggle. I'm saying that you can't just assume a rubbish game because it was 0-0 after 88 mins (admittedly, it wasn't a showpiece due to defensive tactics, but it was still far from rubbish).

People, watch some EPL games (where there is a 0-0 or 1-0 scoreline, and see how brilliant the game can be played with no one finding the back of the net).

Each to their own, (and I love both sports - soccer EASILY these days, though) but with Ben Buckley now running the FFA, the AFL better not go to sleep over the next few years.

P.S. I dare anyone to sit through the Australia vs Japan game in K-Town (of which I was present with GF and friends) and not be totally won over by the world game. My girlfriend, who has never been emotional after a game of sport and wonders why I get so worked up about my teams, was in tears after our 3-1 come from behind win.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:33 pm

If the game of the year is a game where the only goal was scored in the 82nd minute then that's got me stuffed.

My view on soccer is as a sport I personally don't feel it's an exciting spectacle. However I would certainly love to attend a game for the crowd support because I do admire that factor in all forms of soccer.

Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Went to the soccer earlier on in the year when 40k odd attended against sydnet and i must agree the atmosphere was electric. Supporters in unison going mad revelling the experiance.

Now iam all AFL but we need soccer to do well in australia to light the fires of those fat greedy administrators who look down at the world from their ivory towers smoking their fat cigars drinking their french cognacs having turned our once suburban game to a market driven machine who basically think they are untouchable.

Never Forget the #42
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:14 pm

I've never been a soccer fan, and I doubt I ever will be. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, though, Joff - off-season sport (cricket for me) proves a great distraction from the main game. Wink

Whilst the standard of the AFL has dipped in the past four-five years, the best matches are still unbeatable.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:19 pm

creedymagpie wrote:
Joffa its good to see you enjoyed yourself, and as others have pointed out if you enjoyed yourself that much last night with the way Perth were making the game look you would have loved last week against CCM, i have been going to Victory games since day one and am proud of the way we have created the best atmosphere in the country.

The fact that we have 2 ends with completely different styles of support is just great for our team and shows how far Football has come in a short amount of time.

JLC- great to see you again last night, its been a while.

'I LOVE DANNY ALLSOPP, DANNY ALLSOPP LOVES ME'!

Your tshirts look top quality and i was going to buy one until i saw the little oz spurs insignia lol Sad

jlc

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:31 pm

i was there last nite. it went off again. i have not missed 1 melb victory game yet in melb. last nite there was a mini winners circle out the fron Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: