Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The VICTORY experience

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Joff, that you start up something similar to the Barmy Army. Call yourself the Magpie Militia or something. Bring the passion back into supporting. Its becoming a very "sterile" environment in the grandstand these days, much to the delight of the AFL powers to be. Yes, we want the game and environment "pleasant" and family friendly, but not to the extent and detriment that crowd participation is so ho hum. Biggest difference between Soccer and AFL crowds is due to segregation. The us vs them mentality, brings a tribal atmosphere and thus the chanting and rituals where every player or situation has vertially their own song. Very entertaining. This is carried out in cricket also, ala the Barmy Army. This would be harder to do in the AFL as our game is so fast and full on with little interuption. Also due to the crowd being so interspersed. This is why the cheer squad is such a key member in our support. There is no reason why our numbers can not be as vocal as say, the Barmy Army. (this is by the way, not having a go at the cheer squad, as I'm sure, they do a great job!) . Surely, being Collingwood, the biggest and proudest sporting club in Australia, we can make something even bigger on a grander scale!!!!

C'mon Joff (unfortunately I'm too far away!), balls in your court!
Go son. Go Pies!!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:54 pm

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

If everyone does something then it is a lot harder to stop.

Bless the security as they do their best but in 2007 the Magpie Army needs to rise.

jlc

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:07 pm

ill be doing my bit up in the 2nd level, that is all pies supporters so it shouldn't be too hard. I know your not too far from me either JLC.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:30 am

skaman wrote:
I vote Joff, that you start up something similar to the Barmy Army. Call yourself the Magpie Militia or something. Bring the passion back into supporting. Its becoming a very "sterile" environment in the grandstand these days, much to the delight of the AFL powers to be. Yes, we want the game and environment "pleasant" and family friendly, but not to the extent and detriment that crowd participation is so ho hum. Biggest difference between Soccer and AFL crowds is due to segregation. The us vs them mentality, brings a tribal atmosphere and thus the chanting and rituals where every player or situation has vertially their own song. Very entertaining. This is carried out in cricket also, ala the Barmy Army. This would be harder to do in the AFL as our game is so fast and full on with little interuption. Also due to the crowd being so interspersed. This is why the cheer squad is such a key member in our support. There is no reason why our numbers can not be as vocal as say, the Barmy Army. (this is by the way, not having a go at the cheer squad, as I'm sure, they do a great job!) . Surely, being Collingwood, the biggest and proudest sporting club in Australia, we can make something even bigger on a grander scale!!!!

C'mon Joff (unfortunately I'm too far away!), balls in your court!
Go son. Go Pies!!!!

Probably the best ever post i've ever read in six or so years on nicks board..and the majority of things you have outlined is 100% spot on...unfortunately i cant see the cheer squad becomming as good as the barmy army or anywhere near as good as the northern end victory supporters....the problem being is the club does not enforce upon cheersquad membership that the number one obligation in becomming a cheersquad member is to chant and ignite the ponsford stand..instead we have been infiltrated by people who believe banner making is the upmost importance of cheersquad duties..people like myself who demand our priority's change a little are scorned despised and laughed at..i can tell ya now if the cheersquad had five hundred joffas we would make the barmy army look like first year choir boys! we would have the northern end victory boys writing about us on the victory forum fansite.

Your idea of us starting something similar to the barmy army has plenty of merit and makes a lot of sense...for sometime now passionate people like myself have very much been on the outer in the cheersquad..im gonna give your idea plenty of thought because we need that, we need a passionate group of people whom within the rules just want to have fun ignite the ponsford stand.
I can see such a group becomming the biggest and loudest supporter group on match day!!

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:36 am

isnt 1 joffa enough lol only kidding joff, your great for a laugh, remember i would eat my dinner off that lol. Thats gotta be 1 of the funniest things ive heard
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:02 pm

You build it Joff and they will come!

By the way when I do get down to ol' Melbourne Town, I want honorary membership. I'll be in for it boots,(Docs of course) and all! Wink

punkologist Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:57 pm

A few chants for the new black and white militia that would work in an AFL match environment could include:

Nathan Buckley's black and white army!!, Nathan Buckley's black and white army!!, Nathan Buckley's black and white army!!...repeat (same tune as ernie merrick's blue and white army)

oooh oh oh oh oh....ooooh oh oh oh oh, (scarves waving)

kick a goal, kick a goal, kick a goal.. kick a goal, kick a goal, kick a gooooaaal, kick a goal, kick a goal, kick a goaal, kick a goal, KICK A GOAL!!! to the tune of here we go, here we go here we go...etc

only one alan didak, only one alan didak only one alan didak..

Were so good it's unbelievable!!, Were so good it's unbelievable!!, Were so good it's unbelievable!!

When an opposition player kicks a behind (would be great for Tarrant's first game against us Smile ).... Your shit!! and you know you are, your shit!! and you know you are, your shit!!! and you know you are!! (maybe keep this one away from the non swearing environment of the CS)

when little shits like farmer give as gestures etc, then, WHO ARE YA!! WHO ARE YA!!

we love you magpies we do!! we love you magpies we do, we love you magpies we do!!! oooooohhhh magpies we love you..

coll-ing-wo-od!! nana nana nana na, nana nana nana na...repeat

I know these are blatent rip offs from Melbourne Victory supporters but It's a start and I'm sure we can come up with plenty more original ones Smile
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:00 am

punkologist wrote:
A few chants for the new black and white militia that would work in an AFL match environment could include:

Nathan Buckley's black and white army!!, Nathan Buckley's black and white army!!, Nathan Buckley's black and white army!!...repeat (same tune as ernie merrick's blue and white army)

oooh oh oh oh oh....ooooh oh oh oh oh, (scarves waving)

kick a goal, kick a goal, kick a goal.. kick a goal, kick a goal, kick a gooooaaal, kick a goal, kick a goal, kick a goaal, kick a goal, KICK A GOAL!!! to the tune of here we go, here we go here we go...etc

only one alan didak, only one alan didak only one alan didak..

Were so good it's unbelievable!!, Were so good it's unbelievable!!, Were so good it's unbelievable!!

When an opposition player kicks a behind (would be great for Tarrant's first game against us Smile ).... Your shit!! and you know you are, your shit!! and you know you are, your shit!!! and you know you are!! (maybe keep this one away from the non swearing environment of the CS)

when little shits like farmer give as gestures etc, then, WHO ARE YA!! WHO ARE YA!!

we love you magpies we do!! we love you magpies we do, we love you magpies we do!!! oooooohhhh magpies we love you..

I know these are blatent rip offs from Melbourne Victory supporters but It's a start and I'm sure we can come up with plenty more original ones Smile

Some real great stuff there mate, cheers:)

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrEq5oDIRw
Banquo's Ghost Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:32 pm

Quote:

Ranks right up there with "pies pies pies, leon davis"

punkologist Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Banquo's Ghost wrote:
Quote:

Ranks right up there with "pies pies pies, leon davis"

don't remember hearing that one.

If you have been to a victory match, this would be done the same way as the Vic-tor-ia Chant. It works a treat and its short and easy and sounds way better than "collingwood, clap, clap, clap"
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:35 pm

went to the basketball last night, and it was one of the best atmospheres around, over 9000 ppl and about 50 victory fans were there as well. The cricket was awesome as well. I will upload a video later of me walking through the barmy army with my King Warne sign... haha

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
punkologist Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Tess wrote:
Chanting could work if we could fit a few lines like this in

"Kick the Bloody thing"
"He's gunna hatch it soon umpy"
"Ball"
"Get off him ya mug"
"Oh Give him a kiss"
"Open your eyes ya white maggot"

and so on......

still plenty of time in between chants for those old favorites Smile

The chanting would be for stoppages and breaks mainly.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:54 pm

Thats one thing i dont get. Why would you bother going to the Barmy Army with your Aussie stuff. Surely that is just asking for trouble.

I dont want to be known because we razzled a Fremantle player. Thats nothing to hang your hat own. Id rather hang my hat on the fact that every team that plays at the MCG knows its our ground or at least the Ponsford stand is.

There should be a massive Magpie Army banner hanging off the second or Third tier. In fact if the club were serious the WHOLE stand would be exclusively for Collingwood members.

It was sensational being at the MCG today where i think at least 50% if not more of the crowd was England. They hung their flags everywhere and were proud to show their support.

jlc

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm

They dont have more supporters there just remarkably loud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: