Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FROM CRANBOURNE TO COBURG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:39 am
Post subject: FROM CRANBOURNE TO COBURGReply with quote

Just a short note to let everyone know ( especially to those who have popped in at my place in cranbourne)from next week, myself and emma i suppose i better bring her will be living in the upmarket inner suburb of coburg...no jokes please pentridge has been closed. infact im one minutes walk from pentridge so if any one would like my new addy and phone number please private message myself or email me.
thanks.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 13 December 2001).]

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 7:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Inner suburb?

Ah, well. I suppose, compared to Cranbourne, it's the inner suburbs.

Up-market?

... it's all relative, I guess.

Congratulations, Joffa. Welcome to Melbourne.

Of course, you realise the place is crawling with Carlton supporters. And if you catch the tram into the city you've got to go right past Optarse Oval. So, I hope you've got a good supply of explosives.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 6:36 am

You beauty i will MOON opt-arse oval from the tram every time i go past, i better be careful though some people on royal parade might think its john elliot on public transport.

By the way Alf our pics on these posts are pretty scary mate LOL for a minute i thought i was reading the 'crime stoppers' page in the herald sun.

Your pic Alf makes me look umm could i say angelic ?

Seriously we are both excited about the move, cranbourne is just too far and with all the extra trips into town that we had to make regarding cheer squad duties, it really was a pain in the backside.

In coburg on either side of us we have trams and trains 15 to 20 mins from city area.

And watch out the 'cricketers' after a magpie win hahaha you thucken beauty!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 6:56 am

has the 'sydney rd road rage' struck yet?
lol it happens EVERYTIME i go down it!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 8:57 am

Why not come further up the highway and end up in Sydney.I used to live in Preston,attend Preston East Tech,work at 3AK/ch9 and then came up to Sydney....best thing I ever did.We need more MEXICANS in Sydney (as if there werent enough already),so why not venture up here for a holiday....Road ragers are all around.
Bring up the HOT FJ and the Viscount caravan.
Have a good Xmas Joff.
Catch ya all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 10:11 am

the cricketers is gonna be rocking next year, before and after the games, it's gonna be bloody crazy.

Malklas 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 10:37 am

did you leave the mokkos behind Joff ?

Go Pie Pride....join in and everyones a winner.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:22 am

Im proud to admit i have never owned a pair of crannie mockies,

And peter i was born in preston in east preston to be precise and at the time the area was affectionately known as 'little chicago'
it was nothing as a young wee lad to see the coppers jumping back fences with rifles looking for escapees from pentridge prison, but i remember fondly the ice cart delivering slabs of ice for the ice chest ( where we were refridgerators were only for the wealthy) and as kids we would line up on the curb to get a broken piece of ice for free of course.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:33 am

You're showing your age Joff.

Don't worry about those carlton supporters, I'm systematically converting or destroying them. At the rate I'm going I'll be in Coburg about 2006!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:34 am

PS

I odn't want your number, but can I get Emmas....

lol

it's gonna be a great tram back from cricketers when we beat carlscum!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:48 am

You can have emma's number mate !! but just remember you gotta face me when you bring her back home.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:51 am

Who would you rather see? Mundine?

lol

lol
sorry, but that deserves three

lol

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:54 am

Hey Joffa,
I lived in East Preston way back in 1968,finished school at PETS,dated a Young lady in Gower Street,who later married a school mate,they live in Broadmeadow and I havent seen or spoken to them for 30 years.I worked at 3AK for 2 years and then used the old brain power and came to Sydney.East Preston probably hasnt changed much in 30 years,but it sure aint anythinglike Sydney.Do you need a shotgun down one trousers leg and a 22 down the other.Thats the way it used to be way back in the late 60's.
Trouble I live next to a Lebanese Muslim who always sounds like they have got a third world war there every night and fire crackers each weekend,which sends the dogs off their brain.....Welcome to Sydney.
Still Coburg has to be better than Cranbourne,from what I remember 30 years ago.
See what occure hey.
catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:41 am

Great memories peter.....i can remember dad working in preston and getting paid fortnightly so on a good week we would have jam sandwiches for school lunch and on a bad week tomato sauce sandwiches, and i had an obsession with watching sandwiches floating down a creek ( the creek probably isnt there now )
But i must say my weird obsession didnt last too long as my mum caught me one day, dear old mum could give a good backhander and her language ( when she got going) was to say the least ummm colorful...LOL and she could swing a brolly as well me and my school mates used to sit with her at victoria park sometimes but the last time we sat with her was a game when carlton beat collingwood at vicky park, mum took offence at that and ended up instigating a massive brolly attack against carlton supporters on her way to the station.( it was cold soup for tea that night)

I copped so much crap at school the following monday it wasnt funny so from that day on i used to feel more comfortable watching collingwood play from the yarra falls end.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:55 pm

Good on ya Joffa, I'am a born and bread coburg boy and list Phil Cleary as a hero. Nothing better then seeing another maniac Collinwood man making the seat of Wills his home. Could not have made a better move dude.

Louis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: