Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Minimum Wage

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

leelee wrote:
I am 18 and get paid $21 an hour and i hate it, because i know that in any other job i will probably never get paid as much. Yeah its all fine and well to say oh i wish i had that kind of money, but at 18 you want to work towards something. I don't feel i have something to work towards. Yes i will agree that the national training wage is too low for people to survive on, especially as they are only starting out in life, but what i am getting is waaaaaay too much.

Like your daughter Proud Pies, i don't get sick pay, holiday pay etc, but as i work in schools (Active after school communities) i am forced to have holidays when there are school holidays, thus i don't get paid for 6 weeks over summer!

Dear, if you think $21 an hour is too much for you then you are selling yourself very short. It may seem like a lot now and it probably is for your age but you are an intelligent person, you will work your way up from there, trust me, no need to settle or be discouraged.
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:11 pm

David wrote:
At the maccas I work at, the bastards don't even have penalty rates for weekends, lol.

Hey man are you guys MFY? cos we are changin in late Nov this year and we get a pay rise. Plus those salads helped us geta pay rise last year. As a second assistant we get paid per shift. And im on about $145 for 8 hours work.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:41 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
$484.40 a week? I thought we were underpaid but we get more than 3 times that. How could any adult live on that, its not possible

I am a mum of 3 teenage girls. Hubby brings home far less than that and we survive.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:45 pm

A lot of practice.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:00 pm

favourites 2006 wrote:
David wrote:
At the maccas I work at, the bastards don't even have penalty rates for weekends, lol.

Hey man are you guys MFY? cos we are changin in late Nov this year and we get a pay rise.

Some time next year I've heard, except with our store its going to coincide with the whole place getting renovated and extended.

I pray to God I'm not still there when it happens Razz been there too long as it is...

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:08 pm

maggies_4_eva wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
$484.40 a week? I thought we were underpaid but we get more than 3 times that. How could any adult live on that, its not possible

I am a mum of 3 teenage girls. Hubby brings home far less than that and we survive.

youd be entitled to Part A and Part B of Centrelink payments then wouldn't you?

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 am

Proud Pies wrote:
maggies_4_eva wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

youd be entitled to Part A and Part B of Centrelink payments then wouldn't you?

No. Because all my girls are over 16. So I get nothing from Centrelink.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 am

But the kids can get something m4e. Depending on the wage of course, but if it is lower than mentioned above, I can't see why they couldn't get youth allowance, at least test their eligibility.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:39 pm

and if they are students they are entitled to a health care card at the very least.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:24 am

The IR laws is an insult and slur to every working person in Australia and theses liberal bastards deserve to be arseholed by the biggest majority ever seen in Australian politics.

But what do we have as a replacement.....We have an opposition leader who was to weak to stand up for those human beings including children who were thrown overboard during the Tampa boat tragedy.

Dont forget that our alternative governement is weak it is dominated by factions who have done nothing but condemn the Australian Labor party to the wilderness probably forever.....The Australian Labor party once stood on the side of workers the downtrodden the poor and the sick and the elderly it once had a soul...it is now only a shadow of its former beliefs and ideals and until they return to its grass roots policies they can get well and truly stuffed forever.

If however something happens like a miracle and the majority of Australians realise how bloody evil the Liberal party is and get them arseholed..our alternative leader pledged some six months ago he will stand on the steps of parliament house and rip the IR laws to the shithouse where they well and truly belong probably the only half decent thing he has suggested whilst in politics.

Dont get sucked in by the state elections comming up either dont forget Bracks during the commonwealth games hid melbournes homeless in hotels and other plush accomodation like centres.

We defend these bastards whilst they spend money on absolute crap whilst our working class poor continues to get poorer..people in poverty in this country continues to climb, our elderly live on pennies and the sick just dont get treated, the unemployed are treated like some disease, we no longer give a rats for those effected by mental health.

Sounds like some new kind of united states of america doesnt it ?

And we have a law telling us we have to vote for these bastards!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:28 am

I am not trying to get sucked in by the state elections comming up either do not forget Bracks during the commonwealth games hid melbournes homeless in hotels and other plush accomodation like centres.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:14 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
If however something happens like a miracle and the majority of Australians realise how bloody evil the Liberal party is and get them arseholed..our alternative leader pledged some six months ago he will stand on the steps of parliament house and rip the IR laws to the shithouse where they well and truly belong probably the only half decent thing he has suggested whilst in politics.

Joffa it's pretty silly to suggest that the Liberal party is 'evil'. Like any political party, they simply want to retain power, and to do this they want to appeal to a certain target area of the population. (dealing in stereotypes) Labor tries to appeal to workers, Liberals try to appeal to business people, Greens try to appeal to students. Of course, they all have to look after everyone to some extent, otherwise they'd never get voted in.

joffa corfe wrote:
We defend these bastards whilst they spend money on absolute crap whilst our working class poor continues to get poorer..people in poverty in this country continues to climb, our elderly live on pennies and the sick just dont get treated, the unemployed are treated like some disease, we no longer give a rats for those effected by mental health.

Statistics show that poverty isn't what is getting worse in Australia - but inequality is.
Poverty estimates based on the Henderson line are generally discredited by most serious organizations, and it's argued that by some (more reliable) means of calculation, relative poverty is pretty much the same now as it was 20 years ago. The government does look after these people (ie, with welfare), the question is just whether they are looking after them enough. What you're saying though sounds sort of like sensationalist proclamations... you say 'we don't give a rats for those affected with mental health' for example, and yet, needless to say, there are policies designed to benefit those suffering from a mental illness.

joffa corfe wrote:

You don't have to if you don't want to. Turn up on polling day and submit an invalid ballot Razz

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:20 pm

Sorry, Liberal get my vote.
pezza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:27 pm

Yep me to maggies_4_eva, i'll be voting liberal at the next state election and i dare say i'll be voting liberal at the next federal election unless labour is able to produce something spectacular. Not holding my breath on that though
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:52 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
The IR laws is an insult and slur to every working person in Australia

Sounds like some new kind of united states of america doesnt it ?

Let's hope it dosen't allow big business to drop to the 'once' disgusting and degrading standards of Wal-mart!

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925&q=wal+mart+duration%3Along

joffa corfe wrote:

That's democrsy for ya.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: