Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A bloke heaven- Deniliquin Ute Muster

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:54 am
Post subject: A bloke heaven- Deniliquin Ute MusterReply with quote

A bloke heaven
Mike Edmonds
September 30, 2006 12:00am

FOR a few hours today, their beloved utes will move into second place for the thousands of ute owners gathered at the World Record Deniliquin Ute Muster.

The AFL Grand Final will be on two giant screens in the family carnival and entertainment paddock, but thousands of ute-lovers won't even have to leave the muster paddock.
Jack Cherry from Fish Creek in Gippsland had no trouble finding scores of new friends when he set up his very own portable ute-muster bar and wheeled out a full-size TV, already tested and ready to bring the Grand Final to the paddock.

Within minutes of setting up a couple of couches and a huge portable sun shelter in the Deni muster paddock, Cherry discovered he had best mates from all over Australia, including nearby Echuca, little-known Bamawm and way distant Brisbane and Darwin.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20499684-2862,00.html

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:05 am
Post subject: Re: A bloke heaven- Deniliquin Ute MusterReply with quote

Have a wonderful time Jack, love from Aunty Jacqui.

Yep, he's my nephew! hehehe, was only just saying that he'd be on his way up there for the Ute Muster.

Saw Daddy Cool (yes, the original lineup) and they were off to the Ute Muster as well to perform their first NEW song for them for about 30 years.

You decide.....

http://www.rosswilson.com.au/music-7.html

Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend went one year, said he'd never going again after some NSW Bogan got up on stage going on about "Sticking it up Victoria" because they got more Utes to show up to get the Guiness world record for "Most utes at an event".

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 pm

Muster been a big weekend
Mike Edmonds
October 02, 2006 12:00am

THE annual Deniliquin Ute Muster continued in winning form amid the dust and the heat of the NSW plains to create another world record at the weekend.

It was a close call, but the 6211 utes that gathered in the paddock edged past last year's total by a mere 39 utes.
The muster, which started in 1999, more than trebles the Deniliquin population, with utes from as far afield as northern Western Australia and a smattering from overseas.

Competition for the main show-and-shine award is amazingly keen, as it is for smaller categories including best feral ute, best chicks ute, best work ute and others.

Almost as much work goes into setting up some of the campsites.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20508315-5006123,00.html

DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:40 pm

Never went to it. Like said previouslly, there are too many wankers who attend the event. I was in Narrabri and Tamworth with my girlfriend.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:44 pm

I owned a ute once, not cos I'm a real Aussie bloke, cos I needed it for work Sad
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:15 pm

tobes wrote:
Never went to it. Like said previouslly, there are too many wankers who attend the event. I was in Narrabri and Tamworth with my girlfriend.

my nephew is NOT a w anker.... unlike some here

Last edited by Proud Pies on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:10 pm

Proud Pies, I never said your Nephew was a wanker.

I simply said that there are too many wankers who attend the event for my liking.

No offence was intended, and I would like to hope that none was taken.

Alot of us mob are good people, but an event like Deni brings out the wankers. You know the type, they are the ones who go around putting shit on people, drinking and swearing and abusing people.

They are the ones who will flog your ariels, and steal your esky. Stuff that. Plus the Cops do us no favours either. They turn up with a "rocker", which is a shaking device they put semis on to test them for defects. Because a ute is a "light truck" they can do it to us also. There aint no way Im getting Matilda put on one of those things.

So anyway, for those who went there, good stuff, I hope you all had fun, 7000 utes in a paddock however, just aint my idea of fun! Id rather be at a Ball where I can drink, or at home, where I can drink, or at Tamworth, where, funnly enough, I can drink!

Cheers Tobes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: