Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Protected Member!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathetic Tess. You can't even move on.

Tess you don't know how Nick's is run, despite what you think. If you knew how it was run, you'd move on, and let it rest. But no, you have to keep it going, make accusations, and just make things worse.

No concerns with the way the mods have acted Tess, because frankly the greater majority of Nick's is sick and tired of the constant fighting between you and Joffa.
pica 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:14 am

I'll add my concerns, Tess.

I'm concerned that you seem unable to be truthful.

You claim that Joff threatened to belt you then asked others to do it for him. Any chance of proving this assertion or quoting his words if it was done in writing?

Your comment in another thread that you'd like to comment but you're not allowed to also appears to be untrue. The way I read it , the (no longer) Private message to you from the Mods doesn't say that at all.

Anyway, let's not let the truth spoil an agenda, hey!
Sam 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:26 am

Grow up Tess.

Personal attacks on anyone on this site is unnessary and annoying. You can state your opinion but there is no need to have a personal go at anyone.

I may be new to the site, but I've read enough threads to have an opinion in what is going on.

You can have you say...just don't attack anyone while you're doing it.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Tess

Joffa gets no special treatment that I have noticed. He has a higher profile and gets more protection than the average Nickster, but only because he suffers more abuse. He doesn't get more protection, or attention, or suffer more abuse than you - you two lead the attention stakes around here, but it's mainly from each other.

It's time for you to remember that you only have access to one Collingwood forum, this one, and realise that continually pushing your personal agenda on here will probably see you lose that. I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of your lack of access elsewhere , just stating a fact: this is it, either put up with what it is and the rules by which it runs or accept the consequences.

Nicks is what it is. It doesn't follow directions taken by other websites or forums, past or present, it never has and I hope it never will. It cops heaps of ridicule and criticism in other forums because of this, but the fact is that it is the big survivor - and that's not an accident. Nicks won't discriminate against you unless the discrimination is due to disruptive behaviour, then the moderators have made it very clear that they will discriminate - in fact they then have a responsibility to do so.

You may wonder or doubt whether or not Joffa got the same PM, but doing so in public is a transparent attempt to cast aspersions on the characters of the moderators and make it appear that you are being victimised. It's really just more of the same.

I don't believe for a second that Joffa is blameless in your ongoing bickerings, but that is not the issue here. The issue is that you have been asked to stop. The question of whether or not Joffa has been also asked is irrelevant. You can decide to comply or not and accept the consequences of that decision..

That PM from the moderators looks like an end of the tether PM to me and I doubt that is the first time that you've been asked not to carry on your personal problems with Joffa (or anyone else) on the Bulletin Board. Continue at your peril.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:54 pm
Post subject: Re: Protected Member!Reply with quote

Tess wrote:

This Private message I received was amazing. I got it yesterday and have slept since and it is with some careful thought I have decided the subject should be bought into the open.

...While I agree the Joff Vs Tess crap gets ridiculous and boring.
I try not to ask for special treatment, I only ask mods to do something when I am either threatened or outed. Petty banter on the board is just that, banter.

...In that Private Message, it mentions others have been sent the same message. I hope they read this and add their concerns about the directions Nicks is heading.

Tess!

There is no conspiracy here Tess.
There have been requests made by the mods on more than occasion for posters to respect the rules and not turn threads into bickering and/or personal abuse.

It's not all about you. As you pointed out - others have been requested to do the same in relation to other posters.

You say don't ask for special treatment, you only ask the mods to act when you are threatened or abused, so why should other posters be denied the very same?

There is a saying about treating others as you would like to be treated yourself.

Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:40 pm

Your logic is faulty.
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:03 am

Sam wrote:
Grow up Tess.

Personal attacks on anyone on this site is unnessary and annoying. You can state your opinion but there is no need to have a personal go at anyone.

I may be new to the site, but I've read enough threads to have an opinion in what is going on.

You can have you say...just don't attack anyone while you're doing it.

I conur Sam.

The first thread I ever read on this site when I joined in June this year, was Tess having a public angst with Joffa. Mind you, he only replied to the thread once from memory, and it continued on for many pages.

From thereon, there have been more and more numerous threads with the EXACT same comments, and then even more referring to other forums.

Thankyou Mods & Admin. We all hope this stops because everyone is sick and tired of seeing this garbage. It's a Footy Bulletin Board...not Jerry Springer.

Cheers, Simone.

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 am

Tess, if you've got a massive problem then, why is it so hard to just PM a moderator? Or do you enjoy making a mountain out of a molehill? I'm not having a stab either, it's just a simple logical question because it seems you keep provoking the situation and are just inviting members to have a go at you.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:11 am
Post subject: Re: Protected Member!Reply with quote

Tess wrote:
stik35 wrote:
There is no conspiracy here Tess.
There have been requests made by the mods on more than occasion for posters to respect the rules and not turn threads into bickering and/or personal abuse.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=31817&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Read that page and Prove it!

I'll be looking for Yellow... Shocked

my reading of that thread showed Joffa getting a talking to, exactly like the pm you got from the mods and Joffa actually apologising to you.

So, can we stop now?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:14 pm

Once and for all - the Mods are volunteers who try to fit this stuff in to our working lives. We do not read every single post in every single thread, much as some people might like to think we hang off their every word.

In fact, I don't get to read half the threads I would like to because I have to action shit like this.

As soon as the post was reported (and you didn't report it Tess - why not?), we took action. It has been editted, and appropriate action taken.

Moderation is not, and never will be, instantaneous. Deal with it.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:27 am

Tess, sometimes it's better to be the bigger person and accept the apology and walk away.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:43 am

Tess, do you think people are blind, and stupid? We are not. Have a think about what everyone is saying.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:58 am

People aren't stupid Tess, they can see what happens between both of you. The points is, for the betterment of this place, please stop talking about it. Let it be, move on, stop talking to Joffa, stop talking about Joffa, just let it be.

Hypotheticals are pointless Tess.
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:42 pm

maybe the apple has been stewed
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:14 pm

Tess wrote:
So where is the fairness in this? He can reffer to me an IT and then apologise with a wink after Mike told him he owes me an apology, yet I cannot reffer to Joff in anyway!

1) You didn't care to report the post. Why not? As soon as someone else pointed it out to us, it was fixed.
2) Mike is just another poster here (albeit a very respected one). His suggestion of an apology was exactly that - a suggestion. He wasn't ordering anyone to do anything (and he wouldn't anyway).
3) Are you seriously suggesting you would have believed Joff's apology if it didn't have the emoticon?
4) You got one chance after we sent you the PM asking you not to mention Joff, and so did he. You choose to perpetuate this rubbish - I can only speculate that you don't really want it to go away.

We do, and it will. One way or the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: