Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Plot Sickens

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellastar 

got more wit, better kiss, a hotter touch, a better...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

so, will bella have two kids to two different fathers? what is this, jerry springer?! Smile neither of her kids will have a baby daddy now if she keeps going like this! i can't wait to hear what happens next! i can't really decide what i want to happen: happily ever after with marriage or live the ultimate dream and be a rock bitch! Smile

speaking of happily ever after: dean and lisa got engaged. 15 yea olds everywhere cried.

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/musical_bellastar
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:50 am

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
I reckon he should be gay.We havnt had any homosexuality as yet.God knows I'm surrounded by them all day but still!

LOL... couldn't do that to the poor boy! I'm kind of surrounded by them as well. My best friend made friends with loads of gay guys at uni and by association, I keep running into them! They're great, you can talk to them like mates and you know they won't hit on you. Plus you can talk to them about guys, one of my fave topics, LOL. My cousin has recently come out of the closet but i reckon he's bi. He gets off on all the girls knowing he's gay and has a lot of female friends, and tends to drape himself over them all the time! Hm, I think there might be an ulterior motive going on, there!

Don't worry, Bianca, things will be sorted in due time! There will be no Jerry Springer-types in my story (bar Taylah, of course). And yeah, I'd pick the rock life over the pop life any day of the week. The only guy in pop that is worth drooling over is that Brian McFadden, and Delta's already got her claws in him! (good on her, I would, too! What's this thing for the Irish I've got going lately, anyhow?!)

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:40 am

Episode 143

Coming Apart at the Seams – Part Two

Bella had sat in her car, completely stunned, for the next half hour. Her mind just refused to believe what she’d just seen. How could he do that to her? Okay, so most of his fans were unaware he was married – it was the old “lie to the teenyboppers to keep them onside” Brian Epstein-created trip – but he didn’t have to go and snog his ex when there was a remote possibility she might change her mind and actually turn up at the gig! Or maybe he planned it that way. Maybe he was so hurt and pissed off about her obvious feelings for Brendan that he wanted to get his own revenge. Bella wasn’t sure she cared, anymore. All she wanted to do was drive home, curl up in bed and cry her self to sleep. Sighing, she turned the key to her car. Then it hit. The pains that had been threatening inside the club started up again, in earnest. Bella’s tears ran down her face again. She knew what this meant. She’d never had a miscarriage before, but she’d heard about them from Danni. Her first impulse was to call Dean, but right now he was the very last person on earth she wanted to see. But how was she going to get to hospital like this? If the pains got any worse, she wouldn’t be able to drive!
She scrolled through the names on her mobile phone. Lingering over Danni’s name, she changed her mind. Dean deserved to know what he’d done to her, and his baby! It was the ultimate revenge, wasn’t it? So she dialled his number, dreading hearing the sound of his voice. Just knowing he’d try to suck up to her, and not wanting a bar of it, or him. But her sense of vengeance was stronger than her feeling of revulsion at the thought of speaking to him or seeing him after what she’d witnessed. Dean answered on the fourth or fifth ring. ‘Bella?’ he said. ‘I’m just about to go on for my next set. Please come back so we can talk about this’.
‘It’s too late, Dean’ Bella said in a strangled voice. ‘I’m miscarrying your baby. I’ll see you at the hospital. If you even give a shit’.

The next day, while Melissa babysat for Heath, and Dale wondered how in the hell he was going to get himself out of this scrape, Ash was having a nervous breakdown. Dale hadn’t come home from wherever it was he’d said he had to go out the night before, after that mysterious phone call had interrupted a nice night in with her brand new fiancée. She was desperate to find out what was wrong, but he wasn’t answering his phone. She turned on the game but Channel Seven wasn’t televising it live (typical) and was playing some stupid old Footy Flashbacks show, and interviewing a bunch of old Essendon players she couldn’t give a flying f**k about. So she switched on the radio instead. It was about a half hour until the game was due to start, when the commentator on Triple M (she thought it sounded like Brian Taylor but she wasn’t real good with voices) said that Dale Thomas had mysteriously not turned up and would be replaced by Chris Egan in the line- up. ‘Where the hell are you, Dale?’ Ash said aloud to the empty house. She was on the brink of calling hospitals and the police when her mobile phone beeped at her. She picked it up as though it were the answer to all the questions in the universe, then sighed in frustration when she saw that it wasn’t from Dale, but from Em. “Bad news” it said. “Bella’s lost the baby. She’s in at the Royal Women’s if you want to see her”.
Oh my God, Ash thought. Poor Bella! Could things possibly get worse?
Then the home phone rang. Ash raced to it. ‘Yes?’
‘Um… Ash?’ It was Dale. Thank God. She ripped into him, instantly.
‘Where the hell have you been all night? I’ve been worried sick! And why aren’t you at the ‘G? They’ve replaced you, you know’.
‘I know’ Dale said. ‘Um.. thing is, you’re going to have to come and bail me out of jail’.
Ash stared at the phone. ‘What the…. What are you talking about?’
‘Oh, and um… If anyone asks you to look at the papers today, talk to me about it first’ Dale said. ‘Especially the Age’.
‘I’m coming right now’ she told him, angrily. ‘Which station are you at?’
‘St Kilda’
‘Stay there’
‘Um, Ash? Kind of not an issue. I’m in the lockup?’

Melissa found babysitting little Jensen such an easy job. He was a giggly bundle of cuteness who made a gorgeous “gaaaa” noise whenever he saw his dad on the TV. He went down for a nap halfway through the third quarter when Collingwood were soundly thrashing Richmond by 40+ pts, and didn’t wake up again until there was a knock on the door, almost two hours later. It was Heath of course. Mel had hoped it was Marty, but since she wasn’t sure if Marty even knew where Heath lived, she talked herself out of being too optimistic. He probably went out for a few beers with the boys after the game, both to drown his sorrows about not being able to play, and because of their argument. If he even cared, that was. She hadn’t heard a peep from him since she left him at the house.
‘I’ve got a visitor for you’ Heath said, as he walked through the door. ‘He’s out at the car. Thought it might be more private if you went to him and sorted things out’.
Mel sighed with relief. ‘Thanks, Heath. I owe you one’.
‘No you don’t. You babysat for me today. This is my way of saying thankyou, since you wouldn’t take money’. Jensen started making noises from his room and Heath waved her away. ‘Go on, go and talk to him. He’s drunk and he’s being a total "perceptive fellow". I think he misses you’.
Mel laughed. ‘Thanks’ she said, and quickly stood on tiptoe to kiss his cheek. ‘You’re a doll’.
Heath smiled. ‘Well, I try. How did the little bloke go, anyway?’
‘He was a doll too’ Mel said. ‘Must get it from his dad’.
‘You’re a born flirt, you know that?’ Heath grinned. ‘So go and flirt with the drunk Irishman, before he passes out’.
‘I might just do that’ Melissa said, staring out at Marty, who was sitting in the passenger seat of Heath’s car, his arm hanging out the window. ‘Anytime you want the little guy babysat again, just let me know’.
‘Definitely’ Heath said. ‘Now go, before he thinks you don’t want to make up with him!’
As Mel skipped down the steps, Heath called out to her, ‘And no making out in my car! I’ve just had the upholstery cleaned’.
Marty turned to her as she reached the car. ‘Ah Mel, I’ve been such an *hic* idiot’ he said. ‘Can you ever *hic* forgive me?’
‘I suppose I can do that’ Mel said. ‘Is that what passes for an apology?’
She was leaning into Heath’s passenger side window, her hands on the sill. Marty picked one of them up and kissed it. ‘I’m sorry’ he said, ‘For treating you like you were *hic* cheap, or something. I knew deep down you wouldn’t do anything like that. It was just my stupid *hic* Irish jealousy raising its ugly head’.
‘Hey, you don’t have to be Irish to be jealous. Or stupid, for that matter’ Melissa told him. ‘I can’t believe I reacted the way I did. We were having so much fun, and I ruined it’.
‘Well, we can have fun again’ Marty said, grinning at her, his eyes not fully focussing due to the amount of alcohol he’d consumed. ‘Nothing’s stopping us from that, right?’
‘Actually’ Melissa grinned. ‘You might have a slight case of brewer’s droop at the moment! I think it can wait. Let me take you home, though’.
Marty smiled. ‘That sounds like a *hic* good plan’.

Ash stared at Dale from between the bars. Jail just didn’t become him. He hadn’t looked up at her yet. He was staring at the floor, his elbows on his lanky thighs. ‘You know, you might want to stay out of jail’ Ash said, ‘To paraphrase My Chemical Romance, you know what they do to guys like you in prison’.
Dale looked up at her. ‘So you’re not mad?’
‘Bloody oath I am!’ Ash said. ‘And scared, and worried, and pissed off… Where do I start? You didn’t come home last night so here I am thinking you’ve been bashed or something! You didn’t tell me what was going on with the whole mysterious phone call, and then you say I shouldn’t read the papers? Excuse my French, but what the f**k?! What is going on, Dale? Give it to me, straight’.
‘Can you just please bail me out, and I’ll explain on the way?’ Dale pleaded. ‘It’s like watching paint dry in here, and that transvestite over there has been giving me the eye all night! It’s freaking me out’. He’d walked over to the bars, by this point, and was trying to give Ash his best set of puppy-dog eyes. He wasn’t expecting what she said next.
‘Nope’. She shook her head. ‘I’m not dishing out a cent until you explain to me why I had to worry about you all night!’
Dale sighed. ‘Okay. But you might want to sit down. It’s a long story’.
‘I’ll bet’ Ash said, grimly.
Half an hour later he sat in her car, looking like the cat that swallowed the canary. Ash hadn’t acted the way he’d expected. In fact, she thought it was downright hilarious, which to Dale’s mind, was somehow worse. Now that he thought about it all, he realised the whole mess made him look like a gullible fool. He wasn’t looking forward to reading the papers. Or facing Mick Malthouse!
The worst thing about it, from Dale’s point of view, was that he got no sympathy whatsoever from Ash. She even thought the fact that Caroline Wilson had tried to seduce him was rolling-on-floor-laughing-her-ass-off funny! He’d found the whole experience horrific, but here was his girlfriend, laughing about it! Not getting jealous, huffy or defending him by calling Caro all the names under the sun. Nope. Actually [i]laughing at it. [/i]Laughing at him.
Then there were the papers he had to worry about. Thankfully, nothing whatsoever had been written about him that day. But that didn’t mean the incriminating photo wouldn’t appear in the next day’s paper. Caro was obviously into making guys suffer. In more ways than one. She probably wouldn’t publish it at all. It was probably all just a ruse to keep him from playing. Dale sighed as he jumped into the shower back at the flat. He had to wash the mere thought of Wilson off him. She’d slipped her hand inside his shirt and brushed his nipple. Felt up his abs. He felt dirty just thinking about it; and not the good kind of dirty!
While Dale showered, Ash sat at the kitchen table and sipped a coffee, just relieved that he was back and everything was, well, if not back to normal then as close as. She was worried about his career, though. What would Mick do if he knew Dale had missed the game because he was in the lock-up all night? (although even the thought of that made her smile! He'd been pulled over by the cops because he'd been speeding, then, because he must have still had some of the drug in his system, they took him back to the station and took a blood sample. That was a whole other story!).
There was a knock on the door. Ash sighed, and got up to go and answer it. It had been a hellish 24 hours, what with wondering whether Dale was alive or dead, and finding out about her friend’s miscarriage. The last thing she needed was some well-dressed Mormon with shiny white teeth telling her she needed to commune with Jesus. She opened the door with that attitude, only to almost fall over in shock.
‘Cooper?! What are you doing here?’

Bella lay in her hospital bed after her D&C (for those who don’t know, it’s what they do after you have a miscarriage, to remove the foetus and placenta), tears running down her face. Both for the baby and her failed marriage. She’d told Dean it was over. He tried to apologise, but she said she had to be honest with him. Her heart just wasn’t in it, anymore. She still loved him but she couldn’t trust him, and she couldn’t take his jealousy. Oh, and there was one more thing, something she didn’t say. She didn’t think she could resist Brendan if he showed up again. Not that he was likely to. By not turning up at the concert, she’d effectively told him she wasn’t interested in starting an illicit affair. And she wondered if he’d still be interested if he knew she was now without baby or husband. Did he just fancy her because she was unavailable?
‘Bella?’
She turned her head. Danni and Nick were at the door. ‘Do you mind if we come in?’ Danni asked. Bella shook her head, even though she wasn’t sure if she could take any more well-meaning visitors. But she couldn’t turn away Danni, one of her best friends.
‘Hi guys’ she said, wearily. ‘Thanks for coming’.
‘Em sent us a message. I had to come, straight away’ Danni said. She turned to Nick. ‘Honey, could you leave us for a minute? I just need to talk to Bella alone’.
‘No worries’ Nick said. ‘Anyone want coffee?’
The girls nodded, and he set off in search of the cafeteria.
‘Mate’ Danni said, a crack in her voice. It was all Bella needed to hear. The tears just seemed to flow immediately. Danni hugged her. ‘I am so sorry’ she said. ‘I know exactly how you’re feeling’.
‘Well’ Bella sniffed, ‘There’s something else’. She laid back against the pillows. ‘Dean and I are finished’.
Danni’s jaw dropped. ‘What?! When?’
‘When I went to his gig and found him trying to reach Lisa Origliasso’s tonsils with his tongue’ Bella said, bitterly.
‘Lisa who? Oh, the Veronicas’ Lisa?’ Danni gasped. ‘You’re kidding? She’s a total minge!’
‘Tell me about it’.
‘Didn’t he used to go out with her?’
‘Yes’
‘So what was it, a brain fade or what?’
‘He said he was hurt because it was obvious I still fancied Brendan Urie. And he knew I’d been getting text messages from Brendan ‘cause I forgot my phone the other day and he answered it. It was Brendan. So he must have decided to even the score, or something. No wonder he wanted me to come to the gig last night. He was insistent about it. He wanted me to catch him in the act’.
‘Bastard!’ Danni exclaimed. ‘You never cheated on him with Brendan, did you?’
‘Almost’ Bella admitted. ‘Before we were married’.
‘So… this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you feel about all this? I mean, not the baby, obviously… But breaking up with Dean?’
‘I think I’m still in shock’ Bella said, slowly. ‘But it’s weird. It’s like… I’m almost… relieved. Can you believe that?’
Danni couldn’t answer because Nick came back in, holding two steaming Styrofoam cups of coffee. ‘They’re cappuccinos’ he explained. ‘They looked better than the vending machine crap’.
‘Thanks, Nick’ Bella said. ‘Just what I need, a hit of caffeine’.
‘Me too’ Danni said. ‘Want to hear some good news or will it be too hard to take, with the day you’ve had?’
Bella tried to smile. ‘No, go ahead. It’ll probably take my mind off my problems. At least Mum’s bringing in Mia later. But go on, what’s the news?’
‘Well, Collingwood beat Richmond by almost sixty points’ Nick grinned.
‘Is that it?’ Bella joked. ‘You guys could do that in your sleep’.
‘No, that’s not it. He just wanted to brag. Nah, we’re off to Fraser Island next weekend! How cool is that?’ Danni asked.
Bella nodded. ‘I’ve heard it’s beautiful. Try Lake McKenzie. You can see the bottom, the water’s so clear’.
‘How do you know?’ Danni asked. ‘That’s exactly where we’re going!’
‘Oh, I don’t know. An old friend told me, ages ago. I think she went on her honeymoon or something’ Bella said, suddenly feeling tired just thinking about weddings, honeymoons – the whole marriage fiasco. It all seemed like too much hard work to her.
‘Oh okay. Look – you should probably get some sleep before your Mum brings Mia. We’ll get going and give you some peace’ Danni said. ‘Okay?’
‘Okay’ Bella nodded. ‘Thanks for coming in’
‘I wouldn’t dream of not coming in’ Danni said. ‘Any time you need to talk about what’s happened, you just ring, okay? Day or night’.
After they’d left, Bella gazed out the window at the darkening sky. It looked just the way she felt.

Ash didn’t know whether to let Cooper in or send him packing. He had, after all, physically pushed her the last time they’d been together. Over Dale, of course. It seemed like so long ago, but she couldn’t excuse a violent streak. ‘You didn’t answer me’ she said. ‘What are you doing here?’
‘I saw you the other day’ Cooper explained. ‘You were at Highpoint. I wanted to go over and talk to you but I didn’t know if you were still angry at me. I didn’t want to make a scene, so I thought I’d show up here. Then at least if you do call me all the names under the sun, it won’t end up in the papers’.
‘Ugh’ Ash said, rolling her eyes. ‘Don’t talk to me about papers!’
Cooper raised an eyebrow. ‘Problems?’
‘Don’t ask’
‘Okay, I won’t. But I’m curious. What have you been up to lately? And are you going to ask me in or am I going to stand on the porch, like a knob?’
Ash was tempted to let him stand on the porch like a knob, but thought enough time had passed, so she might as well bury the hatchet and at the very least, let the guy in. If Dale had a problem with it, Dale could sit and spin, as far as Ash was concerned!
Besides, after Dale’s little run-in with the good-looking wife of a mob boss, Ash felt like he deserved a little wake up call. Cooper was looking just as hot as she remembered him.
He was even more buff than he used to be, his polo shirt stretched across those shoulders she used to love to run her hands over, his dark brown eyes just as sexy as she remembered. I am not going to get sucked in this time, she thought. Even if he does look even more like Jesse Metcalf than the last time I saw him! ‘So, what have you been up to?’ she asked, trying to keep the conversation light as they sat across her dining table from each other. His knees brushed hers and she tried to ignore it. But the old rush was still there.
God damn it. Get rid of him, the rational voice in her head told her. You might be pissed at Dale right now, but you’re still getting married. Cooper spells trouble. You know that.
She smiled at him and blocked out the voice of reason in her head as he told her about his new business venture – ironically enough, landscape gardening (ironic because he looked like the gardener from Desperate Housewives) – and how the Storm had beaten the Rabbitohs on the weekend. Ash barely listened. She found herself staring into his deep brown eyes, gazing at his mouth and remembering what it was like to kiss him…
‘Cooper Cronk’ Dale’s voice said, breaking through Ash’s dirty daydream. ‘What the f**k are you doing here?’

Next up…

Hi-jinx in the kitchen at Molloys
Mel and Marty finally get to get it on… but does it go to plan?
And what will the papers say on Monday morning?

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:53 pm

[quote="CrazyAboutDaisy"]Excellent work as always Mel!!

I had a D & C once...the gyno called it a grease and oil change Confused[/quot
e]

LMAO... Nice! My sister-in-law, poor thing, had to give birth to her baby after it had died. I felt so bad for her, that would be absolutely devastating. I didn't understand why they made her go through labour but she said it's easier to recuperate from (physically) than a caesar, plus you dont have the permanent scar to remind you of what happened. I suppose there is that. I know which I'd rather have - a scar and the baby to go with it.

bellastar 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:53 pm

just when things were getting good for bella, it all goes arse up and she's all alone! what's that song? '...all by myself!!!' damn, just when it was getting all exciting, too! Smile

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:24 am

oh don't worry, it'll get better... i just did that cos Dean recently got engaged to that skank and I figured you wouldn't want to be linked with someone who has such bad taste in bedfellows, lol
Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:18 am

Some great episodes there Mel!
Very very very good!! Very Happy

bellastar 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:42 am

mel_kay39 wrote:
oh don't worry, it'll get better... i just did that cos Dean recently got engaged to that skank and I figured you wouldn't want to be linked with someone who has such bad taste in bedfellows, lol

tell me about it Smile

love truly is blind. and deaf. and dumb!

bellastar 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:54 am

they dress like trash. i wonder what dean's christian parents would think?

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Yeah. Unless he's a lapsed Christian. That is, lapsed into a coma... New ep soon... and don't ask me about the Veronicas. My daughters love them but I think they dress like like they don't have a mirror at home.
bellastar 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:23 pm

they just don't suit one another, they're polar opposites! i can't wait to see whether they make it down the altar or not? will they break it off eventually?

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Episode 144

Molloy’s Kitchen Nightmares

‘Oh bloody hell’ Sean said, pulling off his shoe and aiming it at a corner near the scraps bin.
‘What?’ Ally asked. It had been a slow night for the restaurant – the first in a while – so Sean had given the kitchen hand the night off and Ally was helping him cut vegetables for the Irish Stew and his legendary chicken soup.
‘A cockroach’ Sean said, in a low voice. ‘Don’t freak out. The last thing we need is for customers to hear we’ve got an infestation’.
‘One cockroach does not make an infestation’ Ally told him. ‘Just spray the damn thing’.
‘Still, we’d better get the pest people in tomorrow. Monday’s a public holiday. We should close and make sure this is taken care of, before it becomes a problem’.
‘Good point’ Ally said, frowning. ‘But I thought Monday was going to be a busy night for us’.
Sean shrugged. ‘There’s not much we can do about it. If we let this go, it could blow up in our faces’.
‘What could blow up in your faces?’ Courtnie asked, coming in from the dining area. She had been working for them since the restaurant re-opened. With waiting tables and manning the shop at the Lexus Centre, she was pretty flush with cash these days. Life was good. Ben was even better. She couldn’t wait to finish work.
‘A cockroach’ Ally said, almost whispering.
‘Oh, crap’ Court said, simply. ‘Just spray the dude’.
‘That’s what I told him’
‘Shut up you two’ Sean said, with an air of concentration. ‘I think I’ve got him’. He aimed and slapped the wall beside the deep fryer. ‘Hah! Got you, you bastard’.
‘Thank Christ for that’ Court said. ‘The last thing we need is the health inspector knocking on our door’.
‘What do you mean; the last thing we need? What else is going wrong?’ Sean asked, quickly.
‘Oh’ Court said, wincing, ‘Um… I was going to tell you earlier, but I got busy, and…’
‘Courtnie!’
‘All right, all right! You know that Quaffing guy from the Herald Sun? The one who does the wine and restaurant reviews? He’s here’.
‘Tonight?’ Sean said; a pained look on his face.
‘Now’
‘Where is he sitting?’
‘Table four. With a woman’ Court grinned. ‘I hope that’s not his wife, ‘cause she looks old enough to be his mother’.
‘It’s probably his editor’ Sean said. ‘Shit. What did he order?’
‘He hasn’t ordered yet. He just got here. He’s looking at the wine menu’.
‘Shit, shit, shit. We’re working on a skeleton staff; the f**king grill is busted so I can’t do steak… What else can go wrong?’ Sean lamented.
‘Uh… Honey?’ Ally said, sheepishly.
‘What?’
‘Cockroach. Mark II. Bigger and uglier’.

Mel and Marty arrived home from the movies. They’d just been to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall and it was hilarious. So much so, they kept recalling scenes in the car on the way home, and laughing so much Marty was wincing. ‘Are you okay?’ Mel asked him. They were waiting at the lights, so she put out a hand and stroked him just below the rib, where he’d been stabbed. ‘That feels nice’ Marty said. ‘I forgot to tell you, I went to the club doctor today. He said I’ll be right to play after the split round. Which means…’
‘We have to wait another week to have sex?’ Melissa asked, looking crushed.
Marty grinned. ‘No. The exact opposite, actually. He says if we’re careful, we can get back on our bike, so to speak’.
Melissa looked over at him, biting her lip. She hadn’t prepared for this. It wasn’t as if she was wearing her ugliest Bridget Jones undies or anything, but the thought of getting down and dirty with Marty after so much anticipation… She was worried that it wouldn’t live up to expectations. She tried to put the thought out of her mind. You’ve been watching too much Grey’s Anatomy, she told herself. Just because we did it before we got together, like George and Izzy, does not mean it’s not going to be good now that we are together! She knew she was making sense in her head, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that something was going to go wrong. ‘We’ve got condoms, right?’ She asked him, suddenly. That was the worst possible scenario. They’d get busy and then find that they couldn’t continue!
‘Of course’ Marty smiled. ‘Come back to my place. I’ve got a bucket load of them’.
‘It’s okay. I just remembered; I do have a couple left’ she said.
‘What, you don’t want to come back to the Frat House?’ Marty laughed. That was what they called the house he shared with Sharrod Wellingham and Ryan Cook. The place was a veritable Den of Slack. Mel was sure the guys didn’t know what a vacuum cleaner was; let alone how to use one! It looked exactly like one of those college dorm rooms you see on movies. Without the drunk co-ed falling from a window ledge, that is!
Mel laughed. ‘Um… No’.
‘Fair enough. I think Sharrod’s taken to wearing nothing but his boxers lately. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s something wrong with our heating. It’s like summer in the living room’.
‘Sharrod’s walking around in boxers?’ Mel grinned. ‘In that case, I might put up with walking over dirty plates on the lounge room floor’.
Marty raised an eyebrow. ‘You want to check out my housemate in his boxers?’
‘Marty, I was just kidding! Jesus you get jealous easily’ she laughed. ‘Let’s go to my place. It’ll be quiet, and we can do it in whatever room you want’.
Marty grinned. ‘That’s more like it’.
‘And you can walk around in your boxers, if you want’ Mel suggested. ‘You won’t hear any complaints from me’.
He leaned over and kissed her cheek. ‘You can count on it, then’.

Lee had been in Queensland for a fortnight and she was already missing her friends. It wasn’t that her family hadn’t been great support, helping her with the kids and letting her vent about Ryan. She just felt lost, like she didn’t belong there. And she missed her V8 car racing. She used to always go to Calder Park or Avalon Raceway or wherever they were racing at the time in Victoria. Up in Queensland, all they seemed to care about was the rugby.
She got on a website about car racing to try to find out where to go in her state, and finally found a well known track. Well known to petrol heads, that is. She decided she was going to go down, come hell or high water. Even if she had to go by herself.
As it happened, the only friend she had made in QLD, a girl called Natalie at the shop where Lee worked, was into car racing as well, so they made plans to go on Sunday night. ‘There’s a lot of cute locals’ Natalie said. ‘Even the Kelly boys get up here occasionally. It’s not exactly the end of the earth up here, you know’.
‘It bloody well feels like it, though’ Lee said. ‘The only time I can get in touch with anyone in Victoria is by going on Facebook. And you know what that’s like, with all the applications, you barely get time to really talk before someone sends you a beer or decides to poke you’.
Natalie laughed. ‘I prefer to be poked in real life, if you catch my drift!’
Lee laughed. ‘Join the club. Last time a bloke looked at me it was because I’d taken his parking space’.
They were heading into the gates and looking for their seats. ‘Oh wow. Look how close we are to the Pit! Maybe we can have a decent perve after all’. Lee observed.
After watching a couple of races, the girls made their way down to the kiosk for a drink. ‘Oh my God’ whispered Natalie. ‘Is that who I think it is?’
Lee turned to have a look. ‘What? Who?’
‘See the blonde guy? In the red cap? That’s Jack Perkins!’
Lee raised an eyebrow. ‘Who’s he when he’s at home?’
‘Only the best racing car driver ever! And a total spunk’.
‘How come I’ve never heard of him then?’ Lee asked, patting down her hair. He was kind of cute, from where she was standing. Bit geeky, but then she’d kind of developed a thing for geeks since Ryan the so-called football player decided there was enough of him to go around. Geeks wouldn’t do that to a girl. Geeks treat girls like princesses.
‘Well, actually, he’s not real big at the moment, but he will be’ Natalie promised. ‘You wait. His car corners like its on rails’.
‘Okay’ Lee laughed. ‘You do realise you’ve just quoted the daggiest movie ever?’
‘Pretty Woman? What’s wrong with it?’
Lee laughed again. ‘Never mind’.
‘I’ll introduce him to you, if you want’ Natalie offered. ‘I’ve got a boyfriend, so he’s all yours’.
‘Um… Ever considered the fact that he might have a girlfriend?’ Lee asked her. ‘He wouldn’t look sideways at me, anyway’.
‘Don’t be so sure’ Natalie said, mysteriously. ‘He’s checking you out as we speak’.
‘What? You’re pulling my chain’ Lee said, turning around to see what her friend meant. She was shocked to find that Mr Jack Perkins or whatever the hell his name was; was in fact looking in her direction! Worse, he was smiling at her.
‘Have I got something in my teeth?’ Lee asked Nat.
Nat shook her head. ‘No. Why?’
‘Is my hair a bird’s nest?’
‘No. It looks fine’.
‘Well, why is he grinning at me then?’
‘Gee, Lee, maybe he thinks you’re hot’ Nat laughed.
‘I seriously doubt it’.
‘Okay’ Nat said, grabbing Lee by the elbow. ‘Come with me’.
‘What are you doing?’
‘What I said I was going to do! Introduce you to the next love of your life! And smile, for Christ’s sake! You look like an emo kid’.
Lee let Nat drag her over to Jack Perkins, who was standing by himself with a can of Coke in his hand. ‘Hello’ he said. She forced herself to look him in the face. Hmm, she thought. Not bad! Not bad at all! Nice eyes, dimples, great smile… ‘Hi’ she replied.
‘Hi Jack’ Nat said, as if she’d known him all her life. ‘This is Lee, my new friend. She’s just moved up from Melbourne’.
‘Has she? Can’t she speak for herself?’ Jack grinned.
Lee liked his confidence. It wasn’t arrogant, or cocky. And she sensed a dry sense of humour lurking under there somewhere. ‘Of course I can’ she said. ‘I’m just a bit wary of new people, that’s all’.
‘Ah, you don’t know wary until you’ve had a stalker’ Jack said. ‘But anyways, how come you moved from Melbourne? That’s the V8 capital at the moment. Besides Bathurst, anyway’.
Lee shrugged. ‘I had to leave. Relationship issues’.
‘Ah’ Jack said. ‘Like I said. Stalker’.
‘Not really. Just a stupid ex who I have no intentions of letting talk me into going back with him’ Lee said, amazed she was telling a total stranger so much intimate detail.
‘So you’re single, then’ Jack replied.
Lee blushed. ‘I suppose so, yeah’.
‘Do you want to go and get a drink, sometime?’
Lee turned to Nat. ‘Gee, he doesn’t waste any time does he?’
Nat grinned. ‘He never has’
Lee raised an eyebrow. ‘And you would know this because…’
‘Ah, that’s typical Nat. She’s ashamed to admit that I’m her cousin’ Jack joked.
Lee stared at her friend. ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’
Nat laughed. ‘Like I said, I’m embarrassed! Nah; just kidding. I thought because you were into V8’s you’d know who he was and think I was lying to impress you; or something’.
‘So, are we on for that drink, or what?’ Jack asked, fixing his blue eyes on hers. Lee blushed. Ryan had never been forward like that. She liked it. ‘Okay’ she said.
‘Cool. Maybe I can talk you into moving back down to Melbourne. I live there’ he said. ‘But Queensland’s looking a whole lot more interesting, now’.

Melissa came back into the bedroom from the shower, unable to believe what a night she’d had. She dried her hair with a towel as she checked out Marty’s form in her bed. God, she grinned to herself, has that boy got stamina! She had lost count of how many times they’d done it. They barely seemed to finish before they’d start again. It was like they couldn’t get enough of each other. And she hadn’t even cast a spell to help things along! Must be luck of the Irish then, she thought, tempted to lean down and kiss the smooth skin of his back until he woke up. Nah, she decided. Let him sleep. He’s earned it! He looked so cute, though, lying there, on his stomach, one arm thrown above his head and the over hanging over the edge of the bed. The doona was sitting just above his tailbone, so she had a pretty good view of everything she wanted to see! She blinked and mentally slapped herself. What if he woke up and saw her staring at him? He’d think she was unhinged or something. Men don’t get that we like to perve too, she reminded herself. He’d probably be more likely to think I’m arranging our wedding in my head, or something!
She felt his arms slide around her waist as she stood at the kitchen bench in front of the espresso machine. He kissed her neck. She felt shivers go through her. She honestly couldn’t remember the last guy who was capable of doing that to her, especially after she’d gotten what she wanted out of him! ‘Hi’ he said, his lips close to her ear. ‘How was your sleep?’
‘Very good, thanks’ she grinned. ‘And yours?’ She turned to look at him. He was wearing his jeans from the night before but was shirtless. Thank the Lord, Melissa thought, not particularly religious, but then you have to thank God for small favours, don’t you?! Her eyes made a meal of him. ‘Breakfast?’ he asked.
She smiled, devilishly. ‘Having mine right now, actually’ she joked.
‘Huh?’
‘Never mind’.
He stretched his arms above his head, yawning. ‘That was probably the best workout I’ve had since last Wednesday’s training’.
‘That was the best workout I’ve had since…. No wait, I haven’t worked out in ages’ Mel laughed, putting the group handle onto the espresso machine and arranging their cups under it.
‘You’re kidding, right?’ Marty asked. ‘You look like you live at the gym’.
‘Good genes’ Melissa explained. ‘Oh, and I have a great herbal recipe for curbing the appetite. I probably shouldn’t be telling you my weight loss secrets, though. Don’t want to take away the air of mystery’.
Marty laughed. ‘Don’t worry, there’s a lot I still don’t know about you. Like your age, for example!’
‘Think late twenties and you’d be close enough’ she told him.
‘Oh well, that’s okay then’ Marty replied. ‘Just so long as I’m not sleeping with a woman who’s old enough to be my mother. And if you were, that’d be one hell of a facelift you’ve got there’.
Melissa laughed. ‘No, not that old! I might pass for an older cousin, but not an aunty, and definitely not one of your Mum’s best friends’. She poured the milk into the stainless steel jug and started heating it up under the steam arm.
‘You don’t look pregnant, either’ Marty told her. ‘Are you sure you are?’
She laughed. ‘Yes, I’m sure. Had the tests and all. I’m four months pregnant, but I’ve been told it’s a small baby’.
Just then, the phone rang. ‘I’ll get it’ Marty offered. He picked up the phone, ummed and aahed, then looked over at her. ‘Heath again’ he said, with his hand over the receiver. Mel sighed. She loved the socks off that little baby, but two weekends in a row?!
‘It’s not about babysitting’ Marty said. ‘Here, I’ll do that’. They swapped jobs and Mel took the phone. ‘Hi’ she said.
‘Hi’ Heath replied. ‘I’m sorry to bother you again. But I’m not about to ask you to baby-sit – I wouldn’t do that to you two weekends in a row! I was just um… errr…’
Mel laughed. ‘Heath, out with it’.
‘I feel a bit embarrassed to ask, actually’ he admitted.
‘Can I guess?’
‘Go for your life’
‘You want me to set you up with one of my friends’ Mel guessed. ‘Is that right?’
‘Well… Um…’
Mel could just imagine his face right then and there. It would be so flushed, she’d bet she couldn’t see those cute freckles under his eyes! ‘I’m right, aren’t I?’
‘Uh… Yeah’.
‘Okay’ Mel said. ‘I think I have someone in mind, actually’.
‘Really?’
‘Yep. What do you say we all go on a double date? Next Friday night. You don’t play until Sunday. What do you think?’
‘I think that sounds great! Who is she?’
‘She’s great. You’re gonna love her. Promise’ Mel said, mysteriously. She really had no idea who she was going to ask. But the poor boy sounded desperate for action, and she didn’t have the heart to say no to him! Crap, she thought. I’m gonna have to come up with a likely date for Heath Shaw by Friday! ‘I’ll see you then’ she told him. ‘Wear that hot pinstripe shirt you wore to the Brownlow last year. I felt like ripping it off you, and I don’t normally go for redheads’.
‘You think I’m a redhead?’ Heath was saying, but Melissa was watching Marty. He’d almost dropped the jug of hot milk when she’d told Heath she fancied him in his black pinstripe shirt! ‘I’ll see you later, Heater’ Mel said, ‘I have to help Marty, before he sprays boiling hot milk all over himself’.
‘Shit’ Heath laughed. ‘What’s he doing?’
‘Trying to make coffee’
‘I’ll see you on Friday then’ Heath chuckled. ‘And thanks, again’.

Danni was having the time of her life on Fraser Island. She and Nick had visited the beach, rode the sand dunes in a four wheel drive, took pictures of dingoes, and spent the night in a gorgeous four star resort. They spent Sunday morning at Lake McKenzie, with Nick skinny-dipping as he promised! There was literally no one around. Danni felt like a millionairess, with her own private island! This was the life! She almost didn’t want to go back to Melbourne on Monday, but she had to go to work. And work on a women’s magazine, with hot guys as its main topic, was always a pleasure to get up in the morning for!
Nick picked her up and threw her into the lake, laughing. ‘Haha, that’s what you get for sunbaking and watching me freeze my arse off’ he said.
Danni stood up, coughing and spluttering. ‘I wasn’t just sunbaking. I was working’.
‘Oh yeah’ Nick grinned. ‘Likely story. What were you thinking about?’
‘Work’ Danni insisted. ‘Actually, no I was thinking that my doctor told me I could start trying to have a baby! If you’re still up for it, that is’.
Nick’s jaw dropped. ‘Already?’
‘It’s been four months. Nearly five’ Danni reminded him. ‘Jensen’s starting to get teeth! I’d really like to start trying if you don’t mind’.
‘Of course not! It’s just that…. Well, time flies when you’re having fun’ Nick said. ‘Mum’s gonna be delirious when she finds out, you realise! You’re gonna get inundated with ugly baby clothes’.
Danni laughed. ‘Well, at least she accepts me now. I was a bit worried, to start with’.
You were worried?!’ Nick said, ‘I thought she was going to disown me! When she rocked up and found out I’d shacked up with a team mate’s ex-wife it’s safe to say she was less than thrilled! Especially since I hadn’t told her much about you. At least your mum handled the news a bit better’.
‘Not much, though’ Danni said. ‘She still sometimes calls you Paul by mistake! Then she apologises over and over! I think they’ll get their heads around it, eventually. Give them time’.
‘I know’ Nick said. ‘It’s just bugs me. It shouldn’t matter what other people think, but it still does! I suppose they’re our mothers. You tend to want your Mum to like who you’re going out with’.
‘It certainly helps things’ agreed Danni. ‘Oh crap, I think I’ve got some seaweed in my bathers!’
Nick laughed. ‘So take them off’ he grinned.
Danni blushed. ‘Are you kidding?’
‘It’s not like anyone’s going to see us. Anyway, didn’t you and Paul have a reputation for getting in on in public places there, for a while?’
Danni nodded. ‘Yeah, but that was before two babies! When everything was firmer and higher!’
‘I don’t mind’ Nick told her. ‘You look pretty good to me’.
‘Same here’ Danni grinned. She let him put a hand around her back and untie her bikini top. As soon as it was off, and flung to the side of the lake, Nick pulled her close to him. ‘This is more like it’ he whispered, his lips against her ear. She could feel him grow hard against her. He lowered to his knees and she crossed her ankles behind his back. He moved aside her bikini bottoms. ‘Wanna try for that baby?’ he grinned.

Bella was at home recuperating from the nightmare of the last few days when her phone beeped at her. Hoping that it wasn’t Dean trying to suck up to her, she considered ignoring it. But his sms’s had dropped off over the last 24 hours. Maybe he’d decided to give her some space to think about things. Either way, she knew she wasn’t interested in trying to make the marriage work. She’d been there and done that with Chris, although they were never technically married. Where in the world is a decent man who won’t cheat on a girl at the drop of a hat? Bella wondered. She picked up her mobile, sighing. It wasn’t Dean. It was Brendan. “I’m still in Australia” he had written. “Is everything okay?”
Jesus Christ, Bella thought. Is the guy psychic, or what?! She texted back “well as a matter of fact I went to Dean’s gig and found him with his tongue down his ex-girlfriend’s throat. Then I miscarried the baby. So, I think the answer to that one is a big fat no. But thanks for asking”.
“I had a feeling something was wrong” it said. “Don’t ask me how. I’ll be right over”
Oh my God, Bella thought, panicking. The nurse at the hospital had told her to abstain from sex for a couple of weeks after her surgery. Not only that, she looked like death warmed over. Brendan was going to take one look at her and head for the hills!
She took a long hot shower and put on a pair of comfortable jeans and blouse. Not anything that was going to send Brendan into a state of rabid lust, by any stretch of the imagination, but at least she didn’t feel like shit. She brushed her hair and put a bit of makeup on. Then Mia woke up, and Bella put her down on the lounge room floor with her toys. She switched on the TV. And then turned it straight off, because Dean was on Video Hits, professing his undying love for Lisa! Bella groaned. How could he just switch his emotions on and off like that? They were broken up for just over a day and a half and he’s already shacked up with the uber-skank?! He can have her, Bella decided. I’m going to be me for a while. On my own. ‘Just me and you, chickie-babe’ she told her daughter, who turned and pointed at her Mum. ‘Ma’ she said. Bella walked over to her and sat on the floor beside her, wincing. ‘Mummy’s over men’ she announced. ‘I don’t even think Brendan could raise my heart rate at the moment’.

Later that day, while Mia took a nap, Bella heard a car drive up. Despite what she’d said earlier, she still felt a bit of excitement at the thought of seeing him. But the knowledge that she couldn’t physically do anything about it was ruining the mood a bit!
She opened the door to him and was surprised to see him not dressed in his usual sexy circus/burlesque gear. He wore a black hoodie and a simple pair of jeans. But he still looked totally, totally hot. Which didn’t surprise her one bit. Brendan could look good in a Hessian sack, she thought. ‘Hi’ she said, trying to give him a smile.
‘Hey’ he said. And at the look on her face, he took a step forward and put his arms around her. Right then and there Bella knew he was the One. He wasn’t there for sex. He was there for her.

Next on The Plot Sickens…

Will Jack talk Leelee into moving back to Melbourne?
Cooper and Dale compete for Ash’s affections
And who will Melissa get to go out with Heath on Friday night?!

Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Awesome episode again Mel!

Lol at the fact I didn't scream when I saw the cockroach in the restaurant.... I absolutely freak out when I see bugs especially cockroaches lol, surprised the entire state of Victoria didn't hear me lol Razz Embarassed Very Happy

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Episode 145

What the papers say…

Ash walked up the driveway at six in the morning to get the paper. She took a quick glance around, snatched up the rolled and wrapped The Age, and hot-tailed it back inside. She was, after all, wearing her comfiest (but not exactly flattering) dressing gown!
She tore the plastic from the paper while the kettle boiled. Dale had gone back to his place for once. Things had been strained since Cooper visited on the weekend. Dale said he thought she was over that immature jerk. Ash had said something about how maybe people change, and isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black, anyway? Dale had clammed up and barely remembered to kiss her before he left. Ash was surprised – and a bit alarmed – to realise she didn’t care.
She turned the paper over. Ash always read the sports pages first. Her eyes widened. ‘Dale!’ she stormed, ‘I’m going to bloody well kill you!’
She got straight on the phone to Em. ‘Have you seen the paper today?’
‘Which one?’ Em asked. She sounded like she’d been up for hours. With a teething baby like Damien, that was hardly surprising.
‘The Age’ Ash said, biting her fingernails. It was a habit she’d tried to free herself of, but as soon as she was stressed, it came back like an unwanted case of thrush.
‘Nah, we get the Herald Sun’ Em said. ‘Why?’
‘No matter’ Ash frowned. ‘They’ve probably caught onto this story, too’.
‘What story?’ Em yawned.
‘Oh nothing, really. Just a headline about what it’s like to sleep with a “Cult Collingwood Hero” for a night, that’s all’. Ash raged. ‘There’s a half page bloody photo of Dale, spread out on the ugliest brown couch, his shirt unbuttoned, fast asleep! Or passed out, as he reckons he was. He says Caroline Wilson spiked his drink! How on earth am I supposed to believe anything he says after this?’
Em laughed. ‘Do you honestly think Dale would sleep with Caroline Wilson?’
‘No’ Ash said, quickly. ‘But what’s more likely to have happened is she bought a photo and the story of some tramp who did have sex with him! I’m gonna…’
‘Hey, hey’ Em said, ‘Just calm down! Give him the benefit of a doubt, okay? Anyway, if he did sleep with some random chick, how come there’s no pic of him sprawled out on her bed? Think about it, Ash, before you go accusing him of something he hasn’t done’.
Ash sighed, still unable to take her eyes off that photo. ‘I suppose you’re right’ she admitted. Deep down, she wondered if she was just trying to find a reason to break up with Dale. But blaming him for something he might not have even done was low. ‘It’s just that… a few things in here are pretty accurate. Personal things’.
‘Whoa’ Em said. ‘Like what?’
‘Um… that he’s above average, if you know what I mean’ Ash said. ‘And you know what I mean!’
‘Uh-huh. Let’s say it is a set-up. How did Caroline Wilson find that out?’ Em wondered.
‘I’m guessing she had a peek while he was passed out. That’s if what he told me is even true’.
‘Look I wouldn’t put anything past her’ Em advised. ‘She’s a journalist, after all. She’s not saying she slept with him, is she?’
‘Oh no, no no! She’s saying it’s a source who “wishes to remain nameless”. But she does say it’s a famous person whose reputation – and marriage – would be ruined if the truth got out. Otherwise, there’d be no story, would there? Apart from Dale missing the game, that is’.
‘Bloody hell’ Em whistled. ‘Hate to remind you of this, and I know you should give him the benefit of a doubt, but he did cheat on me with you, remember? So maybe…. Maybe the story’s true’.
‘But you just said…’
‘I know, but I caught you two at it, remember? All the comings and goings from each others’ houses… it just looked really suss. So we know he’s capable of cheating. I just wouldn’t want to go accusing him if he’s innocent this time. That’s all’.
‘I know. You’re right’ Ash said. ‘I’ll talk to him about it. Oh, want some fresh gossip? Guess who turned up at my place yesterday? Dale was less than impressed’.
‘Who?’
‘Cooper’
‘You’re f**king kidding! What did he want?’ Em gasped.
‘To wheedle his way back in. But it’s not happening’ Ash said, firmly, as if trying to convince herself. ‘We’re going to be friends. That’s all’.
Em laughed. ‘And do you think you can keep to that, this time?’
Ash frowned. ‘As long as Dale hasn’t done the dirty on me, I won’t do the dirty on him. The minute I find out he’s screwing some slut behind my back; the gloves are off, mate! I don’t get angry. I get even’.
‘And there’s no better way to get even than with some guy who looks like he should be standing half-naked, raking leaves from your pool’ Em laughed. ‘Um… Speaking of guys who should be half naked, I better go. Nathan’s up’.

Leelee got a text as she arrived at work. “Last night was great” it read. “I know I said we should go out next weekend, but what are you doing tonight?”
Oh my God, Leelee thought. He wants another date so soon? That’s keen! “What’s on your mind?” she answered back.
“Other than you; you mean? Iron Man’s on at the cinemas. Interested in seeing it? Its half price night. I know that sounds scabby, but I was going to go anyway. Just thought it would be more fun if you came along”.
OK” Leelee texted back, her heart thumping. “C U 2nite
She didn’t particularly know what the movie Iron Man was about. They could have been going to a foreign film with subtitles and weeping, hysterical Italians for all she cared. She was going to be sitting beside Jack, in the dark, and that was all that mattered! She thought back to the night before. They’d gone out for drinks, as he’d suggested, and wound up eating pizza in an all-night café afterward. They just didn’t seem to run out of things to say to each other. It was amazing. And Jack was so much more easy-going than Ryan, too. The only snag was that he was leaving for Melbourne soon. Would she consider moving back? He’d asked. Leelee had bit her lip. ‘I’ve just moved up here’ she explained. ‘It would be…. I don’t know, flaky or something to go back home after less than a month’.
‘Maybe’ Jack had said, looking thoughtful. She realised who he reminded her of, now. She was a big fan of All Saints, and he kind of looked like Dan, but with blonde hair. That was all right by her! She’d always had a bit of a soft spot for Dan!
‘But…’ Leelee prompted him.
‘But what if you just said you needed some time to think about things; and you needed to get as far away from your ex as possible? It’s not as if it’s not true’ he had said. ‘And think about it… You come back down to Melbourne with a new outlook, a new man… Is that sweet revenge, or what?’
Leelee had grinned then. ‘Aren’t you moving a little too fast for a first date? I mean, I’ve only just met you…’
‘I know’ Jack said, ‘But I’m just trying to talk you into moving back to Melbourne! I really want to see you again’.
‘I really want to see you again, too’ Leelee said, before she could stop herself. ‘Just let me think about it for a while, okay? When do you have to go back?’
‘A couple of weeks’ he’d said.
So there it was. If she wanted to see him again, she’d have to lug all her stuff – not to mention the twins – back to Melbourne. The place she swore she’d never want to set eyes on again. Of course, that was in the middle of an emotional outburst to her mother on the phone, but still…. Would she seem like a hypocrite by going back? Would she seem a touch too desperate, following a man she just met interstate? What if it didn’t work out? What if Ryan tried to come back into the picture? Leelee didn’t think she could stomach seeing him at the moment. But it would be nice to thrust Jack in his face!
Leelee stared down at her phone, grinning. Oh yes, that would be sweet!

Another person was reading the papers that morning, but for a different reason. Sean sighed. He put his coffee cup down on the kitchen counter and kissed Ally, who had just woken up. ‘Hi hon’ she said. ‘You went and got the paper already?’
‘Yeah. I wanted to see if our review from the other night was in there. And it is’.
‘And?’ Ally said, looking up at him. ‘I take it the news is bad?’
Sean shrugged. ‘Not so much. He’s sort of comparing us to an up-market pub, though. And there’s no mention of the new décor. I just feel like we’ve done all this for nothing’.
‘No we haven’t’ she assured him. ‘Anyway, I thought the whole point was to make the place somewhere people would want to go to have a relaxed dinner and not feel like they have to keep their elbows off the table, but not look like the lounge at Tabaret, at the same time! Isn’t that what we’ve done?’
Sean nodded. ‘I suppose so’
‘So what does the opinion of some stuck-up wine expert matter, anyway?’ Ally pointed out. ‘We’re busy most nights; we’ve dealt with the slight roach infestation… We should be celebrating. Not a lot of businesses bring in the kind of money we have over the last few weeks’.
Sean hugged her again. ‘You’re a genius, you know that?’
‘Of course’ she laughed. ‘I married you, didn’t I?’

Melissa was busy unloading a box of special scented candles at the Magic Shoppe when Sharon walked in, almost half an hour late for work. ‘Where have you been?’ Mel asked her. ‘And don’t tell me you slept in. You get up at the crack of dawn’.
‘Car trouble’ Sharon said. ‘Honestly, I have got to get that hunk of junk looked at by a proper mechanic! Not that Greek sleaze who thinks my eyes are on the ends of my tits’.
Melissa laughed, shaking her head. ‘You should just trade that piece of crap in for a real car! I mean, Christ, Shaz, what went through your mind when you thought a Tarana was a good idea?’
‘I really don’t know’ Sharon said, starting to help Mel stock the shelves. ‘Probably the guy I was with at the time!’ She rolled her eyes. ‘I have to stop listening to men when it comes to cars. I wanted a simple little energy-saving, economic Pulsar. What happens? I listen to Steve and I get a petrol-guzzling lemon because it looks “good” to all his drag-racing mates’.
‘You took Steve with you to buy a car? Man, were you sucked in by him’ Mel said. ‘At least now you have Strauchanie. The man wouldn’t know the business end of a spanner’.
‘Yeah’ Sharon laughed. ‘He still gets me to do little patch-up jobs on his Harley for him! Honestly, if…’
‘Shaz? Sorry to interrupt you, but we have a customer, and I’ve kind of got my hands full’ Melissa said, juggling candles in both fists.
Sharon went back to the counter. ‘Oh, hey, Tori, isn’t it? How’s it going?’ Melissa noted the air of wariness in her friend’s voice. She half turned, her candles shifting slightly, to look at the girl Sharon had said was getting a little too friendly with Bryan for her liking. Hm, she thought. Not too bad. With a bit of help with the make-up and hair – and those eyebrows – I wonder if Heath would go out with her? It was just one night. Heath didn’t even have to like the girl, really. As long as she had him a date by Friday, she could help out a friend – two friends, actually – and stop thinking about Heath, herself!
Melissa dropped her candles, accidentally on purpose. ‘Oh shit’ she muttered, climbing back down the two-step ladder to pick them all up. Like she’d hoped, the girl and Sharon were right there, helping her.
‘Oh Mel, this is Tori. She’s a friend of Bryan’s’ Sharon said, rolling her eyes when Tori wasn’t looking.
‘Hi’ Tori said. She had already picked up half the candles that had fallen to the floor. ‘Where do these go?’
‘Oh no, you don’t have to put them away, I’ll do that’ Melissa said. ‘Thanks for helping’.
‘No worries’ Tori said. ‘So you’re like, a witch too, right? Like Sharon?’
‘That’s right’ Melissa said. ‘Why? Need a hex cast on someone?’
‘No…’ Tori bit her lip. ‘A love spell, actually’.
‘Oh?’ Mel and Sharon said, at the same time. They looked at each other. ‘Who for?’
‘Oh… You guys don’t know him’ Tori said, quickly. She wouldn’t look at either of them.
‘Look’ Melissa said, deciding to be up-forward with this one. It was the only way she was going to get the girl's mind off Strauchanie and onto Heath Shaw! ‘It’s not Bryan Strauchan, is it? Because Sharon here is his girlfriend’.
‘Oh I know’ Tori said, surprising both of them. ‘It’s not him. It’s…’ She giggled nervously. ‘Marty Clarke’
Mel and Sharon looked at each other again. Melissa was about ready to deck the girl, but Sharon stepped in just in time. ‘Well, mate’ she said, ‘I’m afraid you’re a bit late on that one. Marty’s actually going out with Mel here’.
Tori looked at Melissa suspiciously. ‘He is not’ she said, pouting. ‘Prove it’.
‘Okay’ Mel said. She took out her mobile phone and speed-dialled Marty. He would be eating his breakfast right about now, she thought, feeling a warm flush in her cheeks. Sitting at the boys’ kitchen table in his Homer Simpson dressing gown. He answered on the third or fourth ring. ‘Hi’ he said.
‘Hi yourself! There’s someone here who wants to talk to you’ Melissa said. She held out the phone to Tori, who shook her head, wildly. ‘Come on!’ Mel said, impatiently. ‘How am I supposed to get you to believe me, if you won’t even hear his voice?’ She put the phone back to her own ear, sighing in frustration.
‘Aye’ Marty said. ‘Who is it?’
‘Just a new friend. She’s really hot for Irish accents’ Mel explained, and watched Sharon try not to crack up laughing. ‘Say something typically Irish’.
She held the phone to Tori’s ear, and the girl listened.
‘Uh… Thanks’ she murmured, going an interesting shade of beetroot red.
‘What did he say?’ Mel asked Tori.
‘He said, ‘That’s some great craic’. Tori laughed. ‘I believe you, now’.
Mel shrugged. ‘It’s not about whether you believe me. It’s about you keeping your hands off my man! And…’ she put a conspiratorial arm around Tori’s shoulders. ‘It just so happens that I have just the bloke to help you do that’.

Cooper was walking towards Olympic Park around the same time Ash was going to visit Dale after training. Ash had decided she really needed to talk to him about the story in the paper that morning. It was getting ridiculous. She’d had to field about fifty phone-calls from friends, family and various WAGs wanting to know what the hell was going on. ‘When I know, I’ll let you know’ was all Ash could tell them.
‘Hi Ash’ Cooper said, smiling that sexy smile he knew perfectly well was sexy, but just wanted to tease her with. ‘How’s Dale? Caught the Age this morning’.
‘If you did, then why are you smiling?’ Ash challenged him. ‘This could ruin his career’.
Cooper shrugged. ‘I’m not going to pretend I like the guy’.
‘Well, you could show some consideration for me! I don’t necessarily believe he did what the papers say he did, but this is not going to make me look smart, is it? I feel like Simone Warne, right about now!’
Cooper’s smile evaporated. ‘You’re right, I’m sorry. I just… I suppose I was just glad because I hoped you would see sense and dump the guy! I mean, he totally has tickets on himself…’
‘He has not’ Ash said, surprised to find she was defending Dale after the past forty-eight hours. ‘He’s just a bit… misguided at times. Believe it or not, that was Caroline Wilson’s couch he was passed out on, and she tried to drug him’.
‘That’s what he says’ Cooper replied.
‘And I believe him, okay? Until something proves 100% that he cheated on me, I believe him’.
Cooper was looking at her with those deep brown eyes of his. ‘Are you really sure you want to marry this guy? He doesn’t seem ready to make that kind of commitment’.
‘Well, he proposed to me, so he must have thought about it’ Ash replied. ‘Now, I have to go and see him. We need to talk about how to deal with this’ She chopped at the paper with the side of her hand. ‘That hack journo is not going to get away with it’.
‘Suit yourself’ Cooper said, with a half smile. ‘I just happen to think you’re better than a guy like that deserves’.
‘And you would know, wouldn't you?’ Ash bit back. ‘I seem to remember a certain night at a cabin when you got a bit jealous and decided to push the point. Literally’.
Cooper’s face went pale. ‘I thought you would have forgotten about that’
‘You hoped I forgot about that’ Ash replied. ‘I don’t forget being pushed around too easily, actually’.
‘You know I’m sorry about that, don’t you?’ Cooper asked. ‘I’ve had a lot of time to think about the way I’ve acted. I lost you because of it. If you’ll have me back…’
‘Cooper, that isn’t even an option right now’ Ash said. ‘I’m engaged to Dale’.
‘So it could become an option in the future?’ he asked, hopefully.
Ash groaned. ‘You don’t give up, do you?’
Cooper grinned. His dimple made her heart skip a beat or two. ‘You know I don’t’.
‘I have to go’ Ash said, quickly. Why do I get myself into these situations? She thought, as she waved him goodbye and headed for the Lexus Centre. First it was Scott and Travis, then Travis and Cooper, then Cooper and Dale back at the cabin, and now history is repeating itself, yet again! Maybe I need a clean break from all of them, Ash thought, but changed her mind as soon as she saw a very unhappy Dale walking toward her in the member’s lounge. Her heart went out to him. He looked very sorry for himself. ‘Let’s get out of here’ he said, ‘Because if I hear the name Caro… one more time I’m going to throw up’.
‘So it’s not true, then’ Ash said, as they walked down toward Richmond station.
Dale stopped and turned to her. He looked stunned and hurt. ‘Of course it’s not true! How could you even think…’ He shook his head as if he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. ‘Why would you think I would do that to you?’ he asked. Ash stared at the footpath beneath her feet. ‘Because you did it to Em’ she said, finally. ‘With me’.
‘Oh okay…’ Dale said, ‘So we’re going to bring that up again, are we?’
‘Damn straight we are!’ Ash raged. ‘I know I was at fault too, but that was the only time I have ever done something like that and I’m not proud of it. You however, don’t seem to have learned from past mistakes’.
‘God damn it, I never cheated on you’ Dale said, forcefully.
‘Don’t raise your voice!’ Ash said, looking around. ‘Next thing you know, our little “lover’s quarrel” will be all over the papers, too! Remember Dids and Cassie?’
Dale sighed. ‘I’m not yelling, okay? But I told you what happened, when you picked me up from the police station! Why can’t you believe that that is the way it happened?’
‘Two reasons, really’ Ash said, in a lower tone of voice. ‘One: Why didn’t Wilson use the picture of you she had, in the first place? If she even had it. And another: Why the hell would Caroline Wilson throw herself at you? No offence, but If she was going to throw herself at anyone, it would be a Richmond player!’
‘She’s trying to ruin my reputation, that’s why’ Dale said, frowning. ‘And she didn’t want me to play that day’.
‘Are you so full of yourself that you think your absence would cause a loss to Richmond?’ Ash asked, incredulous.
I don’t think so, but she did! Why else would she lure me to her place and…’
‘Give it up, Dale’ Ash said, suddenly feeling tired. ‘I’m going home. When you feel like telling the truth, give me a call’.
‘You’ll be waiting a while, then, because I’ve already told you the truth!’ Dale bellowed, not caring who was listening. ‘Bloody women! You know what? I agree with Sam Newman! You all are a bunch of power-mad harpies, bent on revenge or… or…or power! I’m sick of it!’ He stormed away, leaving Ash standing, stunned, at the mouth of the Richmond Railway Station. ‘And by the way’ he called out, over his shoulder. ‘The wedding’s off’.
‘That’s fine’ Ash yelled back, tears springing to her eyes. ‘I’ll mail you back the ring’
‘Keep it’ Dale shouted back. ‘It cost about 50 bucks from Cash Converters!’
At that, Ash pulled the ring off her finger and threw it at him.
‘Cheapskate!’ she hollered. But he’d already disappeared around the corner.

How will the big double-date go?
Will Ash make Cooper her rebound man?
And will Lee get to rub Ryan’s face in her newfound happiness? Or will he beat her to it?

Last edited by mel_kay39 on Wed May 07, 2008 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:21 pm

LOL Cool. Hope you like the Ash/Dale breakup. I thought the Cash Converters part was priceless, if I do say so myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 50 of 54   

Jump to: