Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OUR OBSESSION WITH RICHMOND DUDS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 4:45 pm
Post subject: OUR OBSESSION WITH RICHMOND DUDSReply with quote

Why is it that at draft time evry year Collingwood gets all hazy-eyed about Richmond hacks - especially Ruckmen?

Think:
-Robert Schaefer
-Matthew Francis (serviceable, like a 30-year old Volkswagon)
-Jamie Tape
-NOW: STeven McKee

I know he's only 20, but he hasn't been able to crack it at a hack club: what do they think they know that everyone else doesn't?

Our other trades are strange as well. For a club in our position (holding high picks) we don't seem to have done ANYTHING.

I only hope this is part of MM's plan to rebuild the club with youngsters - just hope Buckley isn't 35 by the time the youngsters lift us into Premiership contention.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 3:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm a bit older than some of you guys but I seem to rememeber giving Richmond Phillip Walsh, John Annear, Neil Peart and Craig Stewart and getting Geoff Raines, Brian Taylor and Clokey during the 80's.... we are still in front in the trade stakes with the Tigers, don't worry about that.

------------------
Damien
Lozza 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 5:06 am

But we are not in front this time and thats all that matters....

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 9:02 am

McKee better not be an addition to this Richmond 'DUD' list or I'll SPEW UP!
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 11:32 am

Well some journos reckon Mckee has a fair bit of potential. He is not another Brad Smith, he has had 20 senior games already and he should be able to take on most of the ruck duties at Collingwood in his first season. Malthouse did a fair bit of work getting Gardiner up to speed at West Coast and Mckee is already 22 and more physically mature than Gardiner was when he started senior footy at Wet Toast.

Something else,many experts reckon Richmond has been duped. Sure they got the no. 3 pick off us but pavlich looks like being picked up by the Dockers anyway. On top of that Richmond broke a golden rule of trading a big for a small. Small men of King's ability are a dime a dozen in the AFL, sure he was a nice guy and fitting in at the Pies, but pushing all sentamentality aside we got a potentially good to very good ruckmen for a little man who is very replaceable skill wise. Don't forget good talls are harder to come by then good smalls.

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 12 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 12 October 1999).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: