Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Davis....goodbye pie, hello swans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 3:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody who thinks we should flick Nick Davis because he has reservations about Melbourne or even playing at Collingwood is significantly underestimating how good he will be. I think he has the kind of talant that comes along once a decade at most. He reminds me of a modern day Peter Daicos and if he stays injury free he is likely to go down as one of our greats.

Even if he doesn't want to play for Collingwood right now and even if he says the same at the end of his contract we should not trade him. Players have been forced to stay at clubs and still performed and even lived to be glad of the decision the club took. Hawthorn played hard ball with Buckanara in the 80's and there have been other instances.

It would be devistating to loose Nick Davis for no return but if he wants to go to Sydney we should risk it and call his bluff. The draft will not get him to Sydney unless they finish last.

If it does come to that I will be very dissapointed in the football mamagament of the club. It must be the number 1 priority to re-sign Nick. I have not been critical of the club where high profile players have chosen St.Kilda or the like over Collingwood because I can usually see why we would pull out of negotiations. In this case we have a test ahead of us. We must be able to make the club a place where no-one ever wants to leave.

We will not get a good trade deal with Sydney because they do not have a player comparable to his talents and draft choices are not worth players of his class. There is no certainty in drafting and here we have a certain star with something extra to beat an opponent or kick an goal in the impossible circumstances. We have waited since Daicos for someone like that and we cannot loose him.

PIE_CHICK_4EVER 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 9:58 am

Hi guys and gals,
I am a close friend of Nicks and not even I know whats really going on in his head. He does want to play for Collingwood, but he is really having personal troubles. Im here for him as a friend and he has confided in me a bit but not fully, Im not going to say things that he has said coz it would be wrong of me but I think that he might not come back, Im getting a vibe from him, he is still in two minds about it all.

I have no idea whats going on but wherever he goes or if he stays he will be a great player, if he finishes forever I will kill him!!!!!! I think he might be back well Im hoping he will be back.

BLACK AND WHITE FOR LIFE!!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:23 am

I've been talking to President Bush recently, he told me this, he told me that..blah blah.

Anyone can say that sort of thing, but if you can't back it up then don't post.

JDF
PIE_CHICK_4EVER 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 11:03 am

Who says I can't back it up, Im just obliged to him to not say some of the stuff, ok. Im not going to argue about it, I was just letting everyone know that not even his close friends know what is going on ok.
Sorry for trying to be a little bit informative.

BLACK AND WHITE FOR LIFE!!
helen a 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:17 pm

Really????
right......

helen

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:48 pm

Joel, do not be so quick to jump on people. Pie_chick_4ever is making more sense than all the rest of the input combined. Everyone else is far too presumptous in trying to second guess what is up. At least Pie_chick_4ever is consistent with the club's line (unlike the rest of the posters).

The simple fact is that we can not hope to understand what is going on in Nick's head. Nor can we presume that he, his family, or his friends will oblige us by sharing the information through this media.

Now that I have said that, I will add to the fuel, and say Nick's problem is probably his player manager, who is putting pressure on Nick, to put pressure on the club, to give him more money (that is a new contract). But that is just pure speculation!

Greg J
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 2:57 pm

Nick will be back at least next season - his father will convince him that if he gives up on his carrer he will always regret it.

Craig Davis if I remember (ha - not that I ever saw him play) rightly had the best of his carrer cut short by injuries - it would be a terrible shame for his son to "quit" for no reason.

I think that will be the reason he comes back for one more year AT LEAST - that gives us one year to get him hooked on finals football success - which he wont get at Sydney.

Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with a young guy wnating to go home to see his folks once in a while - I think everyones reading too much into this. It's probably that he didn't tell the club properly or soething, that's all.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 4:30 pm

I'm sorry, its just that any of us can claim to be friends of anyone...but really, even if its true, why should we believe you.

I wasn't putting the comments down, just that she says she has inside information...sorry, we got enough of that over the draft period, how much of that turned out to be true?

JDF
Nick is RAD 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 4:40 pm

yeah, he'll be back, have a little faith in the guy, hes gone home for a break, how many months b4 the first game is it??
pffh! pleeze dont stress with any more of this nonsense, at least till i've finished exams! oh yeah, to pie_chick _4eva, you were brave to stick your neck on the line there with a bit of inside truth, even if there were some sceptics out there, well done!!!i know i appreciated it!
GO NICKY DAVIS, A PIE FOR LIFE!!!!(well hopefully!)

--nick davis is the next best thing!!--

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 4:44 pm

Nick is RAD - How many exams u got to go? I finish Thursday, and I've got two more to go. Hmmmm, wonder what I will be doing this weekend.

JDF
helen a 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 5:24 pm

......im so damn bored!
yeah well, ive got two exams tomorow(which i should be studying for, i havent started...oh shit)and another one on bloody next monday.....my last one!!(and everyone should come to bobbys and celebrate with me as shit a place as it may b)
I wish u all good luck
ull be fine.....just cross the bridge when u get to it!! huh..yeah..

cheers

helen

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 5:45 pm

On the Nick Davis issue, I know that the club was contacted today by phone by some concerned supporters and that the official club line is that he has not walked and he will be back and playing in 2002. Do not believe all you have read in the papers.

On the exam issue good luck to all. One tip in cramming which I was forever grateful for. If you want to remember something critical dont try to memorize it sitting down. Get up walk around the room and read it out loud! Worked wonders...use it for the essentials.....got me through year 12 and uni!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 7:33 am

Exam tip from a Med student in the middle of them (2 to go too - finish Friday yay!!)

Memorise things you need to know TEN times - read a line 10 times, read a fact ten times, do it ten times. short term memory consolidation to long term memory takes theoretically seven times in a short space of time, but ten is just to be safe!!!

Wow I do know something about neuroscience! Pity that exam is OVER!! LOL

Good luck evenyone!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 4:49 pm

hahahahah i'd believe the paper over the club on the phone i think!

~oFfIcIaL rOoKiE LiSt gRoUpIe~
*Go RoDeY*Go HiLLY*

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 3:56 am

It's gotta be a girl problem. There is no other reason for it if he stays in sydney. Just look at shannon grant, he wanted to get back to melbourne because his family and girlfriend was there. look at anthony rocca, he missed his mum and wanted to get back to melbourne.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: