Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Davis....goodbye pie, hello swans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:04 am
Post subject: Nick Davis....goodbye pie, hello swansReply with quote

OH

MY

GOD

a friend sms'd me then news this morning (great way to wake up in the morning..huh! finding a playa no longer at the club...), can ne1 back this up cuz i am not sure if its rite yet..??
been listening to the news on the radio, yet no one has said nething yet, and surely they would..

fingers crossed it ain't true

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah...
Trade week is long gone, only thing left is the draft, and we would have to de-list him to lose him like that. lol Collingwood recruiters would be shot if that happened.

It can't possible happen I think.
Don't read anything into it.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:17 am

Here's an article from the newspaper.

Homesick Pie goes missing
By Scot Palmer
Saturday, November 10, 2001

EXCITING Collingwood star Nick Davis has fled Melbourne for hometown Sydney, sparking pre-season drama for the Magpies.

After Davis, 21, missed the first night of training on Wednesday, club officials discovered he had packed up and flown home.

The club is working closely with Davis's manager, Ricky Nixon, to ensure the player's return. His surprise flight to Sydney is understood to have caused some concern to Davis's parents, particularly his mother.

He is the son of former AFL player Craig, now an official with the NSW football league.

Magpie football manager Robert Pyman said yesterday the club was aware Davis had some ''personal issues'' to sort out and had decided to give him some space.

President Eddie McGuire said: ''He's young, like most of our players. It's November and he's thought maybe home looks appealing, but if there was a match against Carlton tomorrow he'd be here.''

But it is not the first time Collingwood has been concerned by the lure of Sydney to Davis, who played with Sydney's St George club as a junior before being drafted from the NSW-ACT under-18 squad in 1998.

He still has a year of his contract to complete at Victoria Park.

There was speculation about a trade to the Swans last month, but Davis had also indicated at the Copeland Trophy presentation night he would consider signing a new three-year contract.

If Davis's absence continues, the Magpies are tipped to send coach Mick Malthouse to Sydney to try to persuade him to return.

Here's hoping he stays AND re-signs for another three years!
GO PIES!
Marg

Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:29 am

Yeah, I read that article too. If it's true, then what cahnce is there he will stay past this season? He is still contracted for this year, then after that he can leave, and the way it's looking he is going home. First it was Tarrant, thank god he stayed, now Nick. Herein lies the problem, we are banking on these guys for our future, and one of our best wants to leave.

Two things to say.
First, if he wants to go, then I hope the club plays "Hard Ball", and makes a trade (next year)that benefits Collingwood 100%, and if we don't get the trade we want, put him in the draft so he can be picked up by anyone, and he is not guarenteed to end up in Sydney.
Secondly, if he decides not to play this year, we should sue him to recover his entire contract income.
I think it's time that we start making these players aware that this a professional business, they are being paid well above the ordinary person, nd that they have responsibilities that must be honoured. Don't want to see us saying "oh, he's a nice kid, we wish him all the luck in the world, as we kiss $400,000 good-bye and get some two bit hack in return".

EDDIE, show some balls!!

Pies R Us

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:55 am

Didn't Craig Davis say that if family was a problem, they (being his parents) would move to Melbourne?

I don't think it's a huge deal - it's after finals, the kid wants to go home to see his folks. He'll be back - Sydeny is no Collingwood, and he knows it.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:40 am

ur rite, sydney ain't no collingwood... not even SIMILAR

plus us pie supporters have given nicki the best support eva.. and if he goes.. he knows things won't be the same

fingers crossed he comes a' flying like a pie back to melbourne

cmon nicki, show us wat ya made of.... (in the team of cwood)

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

PS plus he's the one who said he'd be back @ cwood training with bells on wen he waz asked about sydney.... so he'll be back..(i hope)

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends

[This message has been edited by @shLicuria (edited 11 November 2001).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:22 am

I think that you will find that Davis senior is crook.I wouldn't be suprised to see what happens in Sydney.
There hasn't been anything in the media adout Davis,but read the Swans web pages and see whats on there.
catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:40 am

With the sort of money that Nick Davis would be on, it would be no big deal to hop on a plane to Sydney to visit the family any time. It would be no more inconvenient than my flat-mate getting a bus and a train from North Fitzroy to Broadie to go to work 3 days a week.

Bloody hell ... Joffa has to commute from Cranbourne to watch Collingwood play !

What IS the bloody problem?

I'm really sick of this issue.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:08 am

I am so sick of the nick davis drama and as a person who loves this club im finding it offensive, if he doesnt want to play with the collingwood football club get rid of him.

His loss not ours!!!!

'you might be poor and your shoes might be broken but your mind is a palace' FROM THE NOVEL Angela's Ashes'.

helen a 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 11:38 am

i dont feel it so much as an issue of nicky not wanting to play with the pies or uncomfortable with us, or even melbourne with that matter...............but more so just that he had to leave sydney, all the friends and family he grew up with 24/7. Ofcourse hell always have connections with sydney. Still, i dont think hes going anyway i think hell be with us in 2002 and the years to follow. But maybe im just being optimistic.we'll c neway.

......yeah i too heard that his dad is sick...and its not really that much of an inconvenience to go from melb to sydney, so i think hell be back.
I dont think we should be too distressed.

??????

helen

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 12:49 pm

it would be pretty hard moving to another city when ur so young so maybe u's should lay off a bit and show a bit of support. he will be back.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 12:58 pm

No-ones said he doens't want to play with us - he's just taking a bit of time off. He'll be back

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:20 pm

McGuane's 77 bounces shared:
quote:
however if we cant keep him, i'll take saddington for him

Mate are you talking about the same Saddington that I am thinking of?? From Sydney?? The one who doesn't get in the thick of things b/c he doesn't want to chip his red nail polish?!?!?

Oh, actually, Mr Eade hasn't promoted him to the red nail polish yet, he still makes him wear the clear stuff that makes you stop biting your nails.

I rarely comment on trade stuff... but Saddo for Nick Davis... puh-lease.

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:34 pm

He is basically a child who misses his family and friends (Anyone remember Anthony Rocca?).
Do be so hard on him.
He is lonely and it's likely that his dad is sick, let him go home for a while.
He'll be back.
Don't forget who tol'ja

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:18 pm

Settle down children.....It's way to early to be giving up on Nick.

So the kids homesick and apparently dads sick. All we've heard is a journos view of what's happening. Can we trust a journo?? I think not.

After this coming season of footy, when Nick becomes a man, and experiences finals footy with the greatest club of all, we'll see if he really wants to leave. If so, then as Sydney is his only wish it puts us in a great trading possie.

Let's not worry about scurrilous rumours started by the newspapers, after all, any story on the Pies sells copies, so they just make it up as they go.

-Craig

P.S. Sorry if I offend anyone on this list that may be a journalist but.....you really are rated below used Car salesmen and Politicians!!

FAITH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: