Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Election over,nothing to complain about

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 9:09 am
Post subject: Election over,nothing to complain aboutReply with quote

Well the Scumbags are back in government,I have had a look at the topics and I cant even find anything to bitch about.What is wrong around here.
Some one drop in a real contoversial topic so that we can boil some blood.

Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
helen a 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 9:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont u start us of then??

helen

ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:22 am

Tragedy is not the word.
There was no episode of the Bill followed by an aussie movie!!!!!!!!!!
Ruined my satdee night.
All we need now is for Tony the Abbott to be made treasurer when JH gets the flick,costello already has the knives ready,
Then when they ask who runs the country??????
We can all shout
Abbott and Costello!!111111111

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 1:05 pm

Well that's if you think the PM & Treasurer really run the country...

It is good comedy material though - Abbot and Costello.

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:44 am

Scum bags? Who was started off by the Union movement?

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 9:41 am

I agree with the Bill.I was hoping to watch the secont half rto see if Nick had kicked it,but instead we were stuck with Howard and his bunch of Dickheads saying 'we won,we won'What a stuff up Looks like the country will go backwards again.....but remember the PIES will go forwards
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 1:06 pm

Well before you all go bagging the union movement just remember the working man on no more than 340 bucks per week and yes believe it or not there are plenty of them around on these sort of wages need representation from the so called union movement.

As it is now full time jobs are a thing of the past, apparantly full time casual employment is now the go..what a joke 12 bucks an hour day work, night shift, public holidays and yes even xmas day, no sick pay no holiday entitlements....enterprise bargaining is the biggest con of the century.

Dont dare knock the working class bloke or the unions.the only difference between today and yesterday is instead of the worker being in front its now the stinking employers.You know big multi national companies paying there work force jack shit.

And big companies are screaming for worker loyality well how about treating workers with a bit of dignity first.

'you might be poor and your shoes might be broken but your mind is a palace' FROM THE NOVEL Angela's Ashes'.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:36 pm

Why is it that people like to knock unions when the employers have their own "union" that represents their interests.
Have a look at the national wage cases. Always the Goverment AND the employers federation opposing anything for the worker.
Thank god for unions. We would all be working 80 hour weeks for 50 cents an hour without them.
How would you find the time (or money) to see our beloved Pies without the work done by unions over the last 100 odd years.

-Craig

FAITH

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 9:26 am

I have just read a few of the entries,and before any one knocks unions,a couple of things to note.I am currently a member of the Transport Workers Union,because I was self employed as a contract courier driver before I went off on compo.It it wasnt for them I wouldnt be getting a 'top up' for my wages.We are supposed to get $500 per week 'under the union regs'but as the insurance/work cover only pays $255:00per week I get a 'top up' to make up to the $500:00.THANKS TO THE UNION>>>>also who do you guysthink got us a 40 hour week/38 hour week....the unions,who got us 8 sick days a year on full pay....the unions.If you work as a Public Servant (they dont work....just make an appearance)who got you a roatered day off each 9 days.....the union,so please dont critise these people unless you know what goes on behind closed doors.One final thing,who do you tnink got rthe auto service in NSW back on track...the unions,as with Ansett....the unions.
Now see what you can critise about unions again.
Catch you later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 1:48 pm

If you are gonna tell me an RDO is good thing I'll have to disagree. Ecconomic suicide is all I can say.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 4:13 pm

......and who has outpriced us so that employers are forced to take the work offshore??..... THE UNIONS.....

......and who calls strikes and gets paid while we get stood down without wage?..... THE UNIONS......

I'll say no more....

P.S.. B4 everyone jumps down my throat... I do belong to a union
they have their good faults and bad just like everything else...

BE LOUD... BE PROUD

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 14 November 2001).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:09 am

Seems to me that Unions and strikes mainly happen in Victoria.I think that the last one we had in Sydney was when the Pollies nearly got their heads cut off by the Unions against work cover.I am in a Union and as I say I am glad to be in one,and believe it or not the TWU is still Australian and the Courier Company that I am covered with as far as work cover is a Western Australian mob,but own courier companies all oevr Australian and they have rejected off shore buying.
catch you later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:10 am

Fair go cobood - NOBODY gets paid to go on strike (and if they ever did, how stupid are the employers?).

......and who has moved jobs offshore by failing to adequately reinvest in Australian plant and equipment??..... THE EMPLOYERS.....

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year

[This message has been edited by WhyPhilWhy? (edited 15 November 2001).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:21 am

Well lets look at this union business from a different prospective.If it wasnt for the AFL players union,we would have strikes amongst the players....if it wasnt for the players union,some teams would have beeter palyers than others and their managers would be screaming.....who got hold of the irish players for AFL in Australia....the unions.so dont tell me that unions stuff up this country.If it wasnt for them we would be worse off than what we are.Who want to keep telstra in Aussie....the union,who wants to keep Ansett in Aussie....the unions.Who wants to try and improve our working and living conditions.....the unions.They have saved me,so give them a bit of credit when credit is due...theonly people selling Aussie to 'off shore' is the Bloody Government...
catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:50 am

quote:
Fair go cobood - NOBODY gets paid to go on strike (and if they ever did, how stupid are the employers?).

I was speaking to my parents (who have lived in like three countries) about industrial relations overseas. They mentioned that when they lived in Israel this is like going back to the late 60's early 70's when you belonged to a union and the union told you to go on strike the union would pay your day/s salary (or however long the strike went on for.)

Interesting thought for unions in Aust to consider...

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.

[This message has been edited by ck_nd (edited 16 November 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: