Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Magpies set to swoop on Moorcroft - NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 2:56 am
Post subject: Magpies set to swoop on Moorcroft - NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!Reply with quote

Bucks and Helen A will be livid............

By STEPHEN RIELLY

Gary Moorcroft is expected to accept a two-year offer from Collingwood today unless he can win an 11th-hour concession from Essendon for a second season on a new deal.

The premiership forward has been courted by Collingwood, Hawthorn and the Kangaroos since it became known that his career at Essendon was threatened by the club's salary cap woes.

The Kangaroos, for instance, unsuccessfully tried to swing a deal for Moorcroft during the trade period.

Moorcroft, 25, met the Magpies yesterday to discuss their offer, which is understood to have amounted to a guarantee of selection in the pre-season draft and a two-year contract.

Moorcroft had been seeking a three-year deal from the Dons, who say they have been unable to entertain anything longer than a one-year agreement for the player they cut at the end of 1995 only to reclaim as a rookie in 1997.

Essendon football manager Matthew Drain said: "The ball is in his court. We have offered him a one-year deal for certain money and it's up to him whether he is prepared to accept it."

Drain added, though, that if a second-season solution was possible, it would be offered.

Moorcroft's manager Peter Jess said all the parties to the various negotiations had understood that Moorcroft wanted to remain at Essendon. Should Moorcroft stay with the Bombers, he will be taking a substantial pay cut.

"There will be a decision tomorrow (Friday), one way or another, because there has to be, but I think there is a willingness from all concerned to come up with the creative solution that might allow him to stay," Jess said.

The urgency is today's 2pm deadline by which time all clubs will have to complete their lists in preparation for the November25 national draft.

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I suppose it could be like David Cloke joining us all those years ago. Despised him at Richmond, loved him at the 'pies.

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 4:24 am

Okay, hes not a 'stand out' player but a very decent second string player.

Why not recruit hime?
He's a premiership player, capable of turning it on in the space of minutes (as we saw this year) capable of kicking a bag of goals, can play in the middle, and is a good mark for his size.

I dont like him, and probably never will, but he isnt a BAD player.

Dan

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 6:01 am

Disagree with the sentiments to pick him up. Where would you play him? Up forward and take whose place? Leon's or Brodie's? Remember we get back a fit Adkins next season as well.

He really can't play much anywhere else anyway and he'd be next to useless in the middle. Give me Fletcher anytime compared to this guy....

Sorry....picking him up is not a positive move in my viewpoint.

Can anyone tell me apart from the first half against the Bulldogs what this guy did this year????

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:27 am

Frankly I'd rather have a Fletcher and draft pick rather than Moorcroft, Baynes or Stone!

I don't agree at all that Moorcroft is better than Holland. In fact he only kicked 15 goals this last season in 16 games with one of the top teams. Take away his 6 goals against the Dogs and that is 9 goals from 15 games. You call that a good roving player?

Brodie contributed 28 goals this year and played almost every game including some stints in the middle later in the year.

I rest my case!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:46 am

Nah he's ok will be a good pick up but i hope he doesnt remember me, have i given him some good pay out's over the years..LOL

I will be hiding behind you WHERES KENT BUTCHER.

'you might be poor and your shoes might be broken but your mind is a palace' FROM THE NOVEL Angela's Ashes'.

helen a 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:59 am

god!
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
geezus!! ud think wed have more brains than that?? To invite a defective retard to play with us??
........and besides...he stole tazzas CAr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noooooo!!!!!

helen

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:22 am

Well I guess that's where we will disagree. Ranked 7-15 ????? I don't think so....

Holland may be no game winner but he is far more consistent and can play in many more positions than Moorcroft. And anyway, if you take Brodie's contribution away in a number of games this year perhaps we would have needed more than 1 win to make it...

Moorcroft can mark and kick goals? Yep he took one good mark...wont dispute that, but he is no goalkicker....certainly not one on a regular basis.

Oh...you're right about missing the finals by one game. But I would hope the improvement and development of the squad would make that up rather than depend on Moorcroft. If he is the difference in us making finals or not then we are in deep trouble.

We don't need players who drift in and play one match in five. We need players to perform consistently at high levels week in week out. Moorcroft does not have that in his CV.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:22 am

I said it once, and i'll say it again.
a change of clubs would do Moorcroft a world of good.
I believe he is a good player, just been in the shadow of Hird,Llyod,Lucas at Essendon.

He is small and very quick, i reckon he could be played off half back or, even better, on the ball.

If you watched the Grand Final, you could see that Moorcroft exploded off half back, through the mid-field a number of times.

Also, i belive that our forward line may be a tad overrated. Occasional, Tarrant, Molloy, Holland will have an off day, and it would be usefull to have another option up forward. And Moorcroft has shown he can do the job up front.

Go for him. I like him.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:32 am

Well no point worrying about it now. He's signed up at Essendon for one year.

And that is the end of that!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:00 am

PEOPLE!!!!!

Have a look at him.
He is a dwaf, suitable only for politically incorrect pub competitions.

Anyway, how can we get him on a contract? Won't some other club be more stupid than us and draft him first? Are we contemplating using the no.11 pick in supposedly the best draft of all time? I would hope not.
Do we take him in the December draft? We have pick No. 8 in that. Is he likely to be available? We may as well go for a hack ruckman as a hack small forward come failed midfielder.

Zapper is right in his assessment of Moorcroft. In any event, we have to find a place for Adkins, Didak, Scottland and maybe even Shaw in our midfield and small foward division as it is. That is before we take any talent in the draft.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:53 am

Did he sign with essenscum...you beauty hahahaha like i said little red boy get back in that match box you over rated little hack, you mark of the year pretender, in any case where could we put him on the foward line, you'd never find the little bugger!!!!!...if he stood close to the fence on the boundary line you'd never see him.Have fun at essenscum poorcroft.

'you might be poor and your shoes might be broken but your mind is a palace' FROM THE NOVEL Angela's Ashes'.

helen a 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:09 am

now lets thank all the higher powers involved in this wonder!!!

helen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: