Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why I live in Adelaide

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
On the way to 'G yesterday I saw a flock of galah's dressed in blue kidding themselves they had a chance, the magnificent Magpie army, passed a sign saying "congratulations on your back-to-back spoons", all less than 1k from the centre of town.

I see Pies play at the 'G 14 weeks a year, and have sung the club song in the winner's circle at the same place.

The Lexus Centre is a 5 minute walk from the 'G. My children can watch the Pies train, and even get an autograph from their heroes.

Wink

Thats a big bonus for Melbourne, but quality of life in SA is absolutely fantastic for my family. I spent the weekend away in Clare and got lots of bottles of wine, had very sunny warm days, and still got home in time to watch the game on TV. Opportunities here in SA mean I can afford to have an overseas holiday once a year, but cost of living in Melbourne would not allow this to happen. I can fly or drive to Melbourne half a dozen times a year to see Collingwood.

I'd rather stripes than checks.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne has been voted twice the 'most liveable city in the world'. Not sure exactly who voted it or wether they have any credibility but apparently it's based on a combination of things such education, transport, cost of living, pollution and one or two other categories. Interesting a couple of years ago I was holidaying in Europe and whilst in one of my destinations Amsterdam I bumped into an American who was genuinely excited in the fact that I was from Melbourne and surprisingly knew of it as being the 'most liveable city in the world'. He was also planning to visit here purely for that very reason (no, we weren't stoned Smile).
I saw some beautiful cities over there and have been to most cities in Australia including Adelaide (which is lovely but has terrible water Razz ) but probably being biased here Melbourne truly stands out as having almost everything you'd ever want in a city. Of course it's only my opinion, I'm sure a lot people have there own very valid reasons for thinking otherwise and without trying to sound patronising that's fair enough Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: