Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why I live in Adelaide

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:05 am
Post subject: Why I live in AdelaideReply with quote

On the way to work this morning I saw a flock of Corella's eating seeds at the side of the road just near Flinders Hospital, a few Lorikeets in the trees, passed a sign saying beware of Koala's, all less than 15 k's out of town. I see whales in the ocean 5 minutes walk from home, and have swam with dolphins between me and my son at the same beach. The McLarenvale wineries are a 5 minute drive from home. My children have a great future with their choice of careers, and live within a 3 kilometre radius of me.

These are just a few of the reasons why I choose to stay in Adelaide. My quality of life is way better than it would be anywhere else.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was over there last October and it's a great place. Something about the light, I reckon. It's a completely different light to Melbourne. The colours and textures are so much richer. I used to find the soft grey drabness of Melbourne gently appealing, but I'm over that now.

The main negative of Adelaide is the poor public transport. Kind of important for a dedicated non-car-owner like myself.

Another thing I love about Adelaide is that the people tend to be a lot more laid-back ... much less involved in the constant fight to make a buck. People in cities like Melbourne and Sydney wear themselves out trying to get one step ahead of everyone else, and actually get nowhere ... except further in debt.

As a result of all this lack of competitiveness, Adelaide remains the most affordable city to live in on mainland Australia.

The simple life has got a lot going for it. I reckon I'll get out of Melbourne one of these days. I don't think I'd like to grow old in this cold uncaring expensive place.

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:42 am

When I'm old and grey and decide to retire, I'll be buying a house in Adelaide. Apart from the few bogans over there, it's a nice place if you're in the right spot. I love Port Lincoln.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:47 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
When I'm old and grey and decide to retire, I'll be buying a house in Adelaide. Apart from the few bogans over there, it's a nice place if you're in the right spot. I love Port Lincoln.

Now Port Lincoln is absolutely wonderful. The scenery and the fish to eat are second to none there.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:48 pm

Steve wrote:
I spent my childhood in the Adelaide hills, a town called woodside, I miss it.
who knows when we finally move from Qld we might end up in Adelaide, it's close enough to the MCG, well a hell of a lot closer than Darwin. Smile

geeze..............i was born at the Mt Barker Soldier's Memorial Hospital and my parents lived in the army houses at woodside........

one of my closest girlfriends and her husband live in Aldgate.....can't wait to go over and visit them again Smile

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:51 pm

Thank you for telling me your birthday, MR Cooper's trial continues. I will remember at the Mt Barker Soldier's Memorial Hospital and his or her parents lived in the army houses at woodside.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Thank you for telling me your birthday, Steve. I will remember at the Mt Barker Soldier's Memorial Hospital and his or her parents lived in the army houses at woodside.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:09 pm

I watched street talk on the footy show last night....
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:10 pm

How was street talk on the footy show?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:40 pm

Steve wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
Steve wrote:
I spent my childhood in the Adelaide hills, a town called woodside, I miss it.
who knows when we finally move from Qld we might end up in Adelaide, it's close enough to the MCG, well a hell of a lot closer than Darwin. Smile

geeze..............i was born at the Mt Barker Soldier's Memorial Hospital and my parents lived in the army houses at woodside........

one of my closest girlfriends and her husband live in Aldgate.....can't wait to go over and visit them again Smile

lol dad was stationed with 3RAR at inverbrackie(sp?) just out of woodside, I went to a catholic school in Mt Barker, nuff to put me off religion Wink

yep, dad was at inverbrackie.......until he was poached by the new SAS that the army had started in WA and when i was 11 months old, we were posted to WA. Obviously it was many years ago now.......lol

hehe, we're both army brats!

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:12 am

errrrrrrrrrgh...Army brats!!!!!!!!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:02 am
Post subject: Re: Why I live in AdelaideReply with quote

fan4collingwood wrote:
On the way to work this morning I saw a flock of Corella's eating seeds at the side of the road just near Flinders Hospital, a few Lorikeets in the trees, passed a sign saying beware of Koala's, all less than 15 k's out of town. I see whales in the ocean 5 minutes walk from home, and have swam with dolphins between me and my son at the same beach. The McLarenvale wineries are a 5 minute drive from home. My children have a great future with their choice of careers, and live within a 3 kilometre radius of me.

These are just a few of the reasons why I choose to stay in Adelaide. My quality of life is way better than it would be anywhere else.

Agree whole heartedly Kaylene

Adelaide is a beautiful city..melbourne has become too big its a stinking vile rat race.
If the oppertunity came up via a job transfer i'd be over for sure, the last visit to Adelaide a few weeks back for me was sensational i just love the place Smile

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:19 am

Its all a matter of perspective. I have had some lovely times in Adelaide but i still believe the nicest part of Adelaide is the road back to Melbourne.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:53 am

I love Adelaide. I love the big country feel to it. I love it's big wide streets. I think if I didn't love my footy so much, I could easily live in Adelaide again. (Lived there from 1983 - 1986, apart from when i was born lol)
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:25 pm

On the way to 'G yesterday I saw a flock of galah's dressed in blue kidding themselves they had a chance, the magnificent Magpie army, passed a sign saying "congratulations on your back-to-back spoons", all less than 1k from the centre of town.

I see Pies play at the 'G 14 weeks a year, and have sung the club song in the winner's circle at the same place.

The Lexus Centre is a 5 minute walk from the 'G. My children can watch the Pies train, and even get an autograph from their heroes.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: