Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sydney Magpies Update -- Our First Meeting -- It was HUGE!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 6:44 pm
Post subject: Sydney Magpies Update -- Our First Meeting -- It was HUGE!Reply with quote

The pub was packed for our first meeting of Sydney Magpies. Judging by the huge turnout Collingwood FC will be the next reigning force in Sydney.

Collingwood Football Club is giving us their full support for the Sydney supporter group. They have wanted to see a Supporter group in Sydney for some time -- it is up to us to make it work.

Collingwood Football Club does so much for the members and supporters - this is our chance to give a bit back to the club.

If you weren't at Percy's North Sydney you missed a great night! Plenty of Magpie banter with fellow Magpies -- it is moments like this that you realise how important having a local football community is.

A local football community that you can get together with on those weekends that you can't be down in Melbourne, no more being the only lone Magpie watching the game in a pub. A local football community that can organise trips to Melbourne, where better to see the Pies play but at their home ground the mighty 'G.

This is a taste of what is to come, rise up Magpies we need your help.

The executive committee were elected (still have a few positions that may need filling as some ppl weren't sure of their committments for 2002.)

We are looking for people who want to be part of the executive as well as members... The more members the merrier!

If you are wanting to be a foundation executive member of Sydney Magpies we want to see you there for our next meeting. Let us know of your interest by emailing: sydneymagpies@magpies.net

Next meeting 7th December, 2001. Mark the date down in your diary, this is not to be missed.

Stay posted to Nicks BB as updates will be posted as soon as news comes to hand.

May the wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the nation!

Go Pies!

Carol
pie_minister@magpies.net

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff carol and company well done i hope it all goes well, and we'll see you up there soon.

'you might be poor and your shoes might be broken but your mind is a palace' FROM THE NOVEL Angela's Ashes'.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:41 am

Glad to hear that the meeting was a great success.I would LOVE to be a founding member.I also feel that because there are a lot of people not on internet/web it would be an idea to get hold of one of the reasonable reporters within the Daily Telegraph....Doug Stewart for example.....and have a story put into the Daily Telegraph,so that people not as fortunate as us,but are PIES supporters are able to get to meetings.Does that sound like a Great idea.I was voting today and my wife left the car keys at the polling booth,and as soon as people saw the Collingwood football Club key ring,there was great excitemment,so I recon that a story or some advertising wouldnt go astray.
Any way gang well done on the first meeting.Dont forget about us people out the west.I shall try and keep those two days free but i know that I go to court on one of those days .....WE will see what happens.
Keep me posted.
Regards

Peter

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 11:08 am

Hey gang,what positions werent filled.
Maybe a roving reporter might be useful.With me going around Aussie next year,wouldnt a roving reporter be ideal.I have got 'pocketmail available' and will be alive with email only.None of this SMS rubbish.
Keep it in mind.It would give me something to do whilst going out on the road.
I am still looking for the poster to go ontothe back of the bus that my mrs and I intend on buying.
Wouldnt a mobile Magpie look great on the back of a bus.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: