Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

cummings and goings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 5:03 pm
Post subject: cummings and goingsReply with quote

Scott was interviwed on 6PR yesterday by karl langdon and he said MM had rung him a few times and offered him to train with no strings attached,but he wants to stay in WA so he is going to do intensive training under fitness guru steve smith and hope to be re picked by wet toast.
He dont want us , we should say tata,dont bother to him.
Im glad about that myself.
and on another topic rohan didnt barrack for the pies until he met jack regan?
we are not SKOB morons on here pal!!!!!!!!!!!

helen a 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 5:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

well if so theres no way in hell i want some fat reject with us if he doesnt want to be there. As much faith as i have in micks judgement, im sorry to say but who would want some injury proned defect??

Were better of without him i say!!

helen

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:45 am

Ed, Jack Regan. The Prince of full backs. One of the greatest Full backs in the history of the game. Should have been full back of the century. He played in the 1935 and 36 flags for us.

PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 7:46 pm

Okay, i dont want scott to come to collingwood, but i wouldnt be all that upset if he did.
Hes won a coleman medal under mick, if he put in a hard preseason, lost a bit of weight, and decided he really does wanna be a successful footballer, i think he could.
He has the skills, just not the attitude...
reminds me of a young jarrod molloy really....any thoughts?

Dan

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 3:18 am

Thoughts?
Yeh, but most are not fit for this family show. He is just too old to be comparred to a young Molloy and not bas good an option as at least 3 or 4 other tall forward options we already have. The justification for axeing half the players we discarded under MM was their age relative to other options. In other words, we didn't want players who were not part of the long term plan to hold back the development of the youth.
Unless the "older player" is a ruckman and can teach Josh & co while improving our on field efforts via giving supply to the midfield, I cannot see any justification for taking a player that would amount to one of the oldest on the list. He will be 28 by the start of next season.

Also, it makes a joke of the decision to get rid of Sav. without a return trade.

PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 7:45 am

I was comparing Cummings to a young Molloy in terms of attitude, how hard he wanted to work to make it at the highest level etc.
Cummings would be a good player if he knuckled down like Jarrod has! give him a chance...

Dan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: