Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2002 team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 5:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your teams has a few assumptions that are interesting mainly exemplified in having 'pick 11' on the bench, and Fletcher running around for us.

Personally, I'd like to see

B: Kinnear-Presty-Lonie
HB Burns-Richardson-Clement
C: Scotland-Obree-Lockyer
HF: Molloy-ARocca-NDavis
F: LDavis-Tarrant-Didak
Ruck: Frazer-Buckley-Licuria
Int: Holland-Adkins-Wakelin-BJohnson
Emerg: McKee-Steinfort-Freeborn-Rintoul

Perhaps one of the emergencies can be thrown in th team depending on match ups. I think Rints should be there abouts.
Betheras/Dimma should be fazed out with consideration only given to roles required when depth is tested. Lonie, I would also use frequently in the middle and start using Buckley a lil more in defence. Given he is a noted goal kicker but we have to start moulding a replecement and Lonie might be the answer. Scotlan should be used in Run-with roles, I think he has the aggression and the skill to run off opponents now and should be better utilised next season.I agree Molloy should spend time down back especially if Rich is injured. If Richo does not stand up Mckee should be straight in freeing Fraz to play up forward & molloy down back.Hopefully we dont get Cummings/or Fletcher both are passed respective used by dates, we have come this far in developing there is no point at looking for band aid solutions, we will not be a finals chance with these guys in our unit.
Want to see Adkins and Didak swap and interchange roles in forward line and in midfield, both have got talent to burn and will be the core of our engine room in years to come. Hopefully Adkins is fully over his injury. Kinnear should be Handy and should start being looked at in the key defensive roles mainly CHB. Give me another defender with our number 11 picks and I'll be rapt.Clement should also be used as a running defender as should bucks if he gets to spend some time back there. Both can help initiate set plays with their kicking accuracy. Scotty Burns can play on the ball (if fit) when Bucks is down back.
Wakelin, well jury for me is still out. Maybey required down back but if our set three stand up may see a bit of footy with Williamstown although i understand he is favoured because of his attitude.Lica...well just him another Copeland....And Chrissie a Coleman...and maybey we can look at september favourably again.

Louis

[This message has been edited by DaicosForever (edited 04 November 2001).]

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 6:04 am

F: L.Davis C.Tarrant S.Cummings

HF: J.Molloy A.Rocca N.Davis

C: P.Licuria N.Buckley A.Fletcher

HB: R.Lonie M.Richardson T.Lockyer

B: S.Burns S.Prestigiacomo J.Clement

R: J.Fraser S.O'Bree D.Adkins

INT: B.Holland
C.Steinfort
A.Didak
H.Scotland

EMG: B.Kinnear
C.Rintoul

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 6:38 am

our forward line (with cummings in it) actually looks pretty formidable, if not a little top-heavy.

i reckon you can never have enough depth in your forward line; cummings could be a good pickup. even if he's the one oppoistion player to have received more crap than ANYONE from collingwood fans over the years. but it was fun!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 7:36 am

The only reason we would get Cummings is to have depth - there is no way Rocca Cummings Tarrant and Molloy can play on the forward line at the smae time - or to shift Rocca or Molloy down back - which I think is silly.

I say forget about them - Fletcher is too old and we'd be better off throwing didak and scotland on the ball and giveing them a go.

Our team is good enough now to support a few young guys while they develop. Plus with their reserves experience it's not that much of a risk.

I say Kinnear starts - 3rd tall in the backline - and didak / scotland interchange at rover for the year.

Adkins on the HFF next to Rocca and Nicky D.

Molloy Tarrant L. Davis is a great FF line and I don't think Cummings would add anything to it exept liability.

Centre line - Rintoul Buckley Ben Johnson

Followers - Fraser OBree Didak / scotland (Obree can swap with Bucks if you think the line is too short!)

HBF - assuming Richo is fit, Lonie, Richo, Licuria, nice and attacking but still dependable

FB - Burns, Presti, Kinnear

Bench - Clement, McKee, Cloak (first) / Wakelin (hopefully great willi player), Scotland / Didak

Emergencies - Holland, Hill, Shaw and the other small guys basically!!

So you're taking a chance that L Dsvis, Ben Johnson, Kinnear, Adkins, Didak, Scotland will all improve and gain consistency.

I think, assuming fitness isn't a problem, Davis, Adkins, Kinnear and Johnson are certainties. Didak and Scotland may be a little underprepared stamina wise, but if you can swap them around each game it wont matter so much.

If Richo is injured, we're counting on Kinnear to drop into CHB, or Wakelin, thought I'd like to think we can do it without him. Hopefully by the end of this year, CHB will be held by Kinnear anyway. So Richo can have a bit of a break, and Cloak will be comming into the team, allowing Richo to play 3rd tall til he retires in a few years.

It's a good team, and with experience the young guys will come together and challenge.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:56 am

This is the team that I like, but it also depends on who we are playing each week and best match-ups on the day.

b. Kinnear Presti Clement

hb. Burns Richardson Lonie

c. Rintoul Buckley Lockyer

hf. Fraser Rocca N.Davis

f. L.Davis Tarrant Molloy

foll. McKee O'Bree Licuria

Int. Johnson, Adkins, Didak, Holland (may need taller option on bench?)
Emerg. Wakelin, Steinfort, Scotland, Freeborn, Cloke

GO PIES!

Marg

BUCKS 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 9:20 am

Why in gods name are you putting that fat lard of shit Cummings
in your teams?

I dont get it, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE WILL BE AT COLLINGWOOD?
(Because the paper's said)

Cummings has no chance of being a PIE! (HIS TO FAT and SLOW!)

AND WE DONT NEED HIM!

[This message has been edited by BUCKS (edited 05 November 2001).]
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 11:45 am

Too fat, slow and useless up forward with Cummings there. I really think he will struggle to get a game. I doubt he is a better bet than Sav was and we sent him packing. Mooloy is that in between type - he is tallish but has good ground skills. Missing his ball retention up forward cannot be compensated for by a slow marking option. I can a lot of opposition run from our defense with that line up.

Also, does anyone else see Ryan Lonnie as a wingman? He has reasonable height and while not lightning quick he moves well. His kicking is fantastic, although I'm sure about his right. I think we have been crying out for a good attacking wingman since we lost Millane and Browny was moved forward. I can't see him remaining a half back flanker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: