Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Line Up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugsville 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 1999 9:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Nick Davis and Ukovic?

B Llockyer Presti Crosica
HB Burns A. Rocca Wasly
C Lane Bethaeras Ukovic
HF Michael Tarrent Williams
F Licura S. Rocca Brown
R McKee Bucley Orchard
I Richardson, Freeborn, Olerenshaw, Davis

Uncertain exactly where Licura belongs, want him in there, Crosica would be better on the flank but Burns is a legened and wasly has good dash. Freeborn the trouble shooter to play forward or back. Davis the winger/on baller. With Tarrent being CHF, I think you need a contester like Michael as the HF line isn't overly tall.

To be pushing for a spot Shaw, Jacotine, Adkins, Scotland, Oborn.

pugs

------------------

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 7:47 am

B: Licuria Presti B.Kinnear
HB: Wasley A.Rocca Burns
C: Lane Lockyer Olarenshaw
HF: Tarrant Buckley Michael
F: Freeborn S.Rocca Brown
Foll: Mckee Orchard Williams
Int: Crosisca Betheras M.Kinnear Ukovic
Emerg: Scotland Tuckey Fraser
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 7:54 am

by the way, i just thought i'd put bucks at CHF to arouse some discussion. if anyway saw his game against ireland last night, i'm sure they'd be asking why the hell we don't playing him at CHF. ok, so they were playing with a round ball, but we know bucks can kick a goal with an oval ball. what's more, as the team gets better as a whole, we won't depend on him as much; in any case 5 or 6 goals is equally as damaging as 40 possies, probably moreso. because to win games you need to kick a score. plus - bucks at CHF would be flanked by michael and tarrant; both of them can take very strong grabs, but there kicking to a lead is suspect. however, you can't doubt their handballing skills - they both have a beautiful feel for the HFF game, when they get the ball they don't rush it, they just handball it to a target. if that target was bucks then the forward line would become bloody potent. having said this, malthouse, being a defensive-minded coach, might let bucks spend some time on a HBF - that's where he started out. in that case expect to see wasley go to a HFF. lockyer at centre is strange i know, i just reckon he's up to it; he has a very cool head and has a lovely kick. did i put davis in the team? i can't bloody remember now. if i didn't then he should be on the bench or something.
Brad 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 6:26 pm

I think Bucks should be playing either off the half back flank, or out of the mid feild, i also think that Nick Davis should be on a wing. I really think that Frazer will play about 10 games next season, i went and watched the Bushies play this season and he seemed like he had a really mature head.
Does anyone know if Misiti has signed with the bombers yet or can we still get him??

Go pies

boomer 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 6:38 am

hey guys......I hate to be the one to say this. But isnt it a little early to be picking starting lineups? I mean ... anything could happen between now and next season...ie draft/injury/retirements/delistings. Dont get me wrong, I love the optimistic approach, but the team you guys keep putting up simply reminds me of the team we had on the park this year...AND THAT SCARES ME. GO PIES.

michy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 9:31 am

Foxy,
Love the team but never put betheras on interchange ,he's too good and I luv him.
but overall a good line up.
49 for ever
Fletch 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 5:46 pm

I think Buckleys best position would be as an attacking midfielder, that way he could get the ball give us first use as well as kicking some great and important goals which we all know he can do.

/FF

TBirdsRGo 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 2:52 am

boomer, you're spot on. All these teams people have been naming show a remarkable resembleance to the wooden spoon side of 99. Surely we cant expect all the "young guns" to show that much improvement in just 4 months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: