Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The death of RWNR: Taking a broader perspective

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

labrooy wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Robert Walls Not Really was a pretty funny poster who brightened up the place but i feel he went too far with the Chris Tarrant thing Smile

He went too far with many things. His defamatory comments against Bucks was a good example. I don't often complain about what other posters say, after all diverse opinions are what boards like this are all about, but I drew the line at that one.

The guy made things up and presented them as facts. That is not the same as expressing an opinion and is also not humorous.

Maybe another reason to introduce a fansite where all comments must be accompanied by a real name...that would stop the gutless and sniping and petty attacks.....laws will change soon they have too!!

rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:29 pm

Lets' face it most here contribute to the board in their own colourful and generally positive way (even when its offering criticism or unpopular opinion)

RWNR detracted from it and basically managed to simply pi$$ a lot of people off -Hate the game not the playa- RWNR simply went to0 hard at the man and not the topic, hijacked to many posts and made them all about him IMHO.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure he was that pathetic low-life wanker/Aceofstace/RNWR, in other words, a serial pest not a first time offender.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:45 pm

I agree with you there, rand corp. an occasionally very entertaining poster and great writer but with such a huge ego that it clouded my digestion of his better posts. Somewhat schizophrenic in the expression of his ideas as well (just one person?!?). as to what he really thought....who knows?

RWNR If you were to come back to nick's - it would be nice if you came back with a new persona and your obviously expansive wit, but without all the crap. I would hope that you are capable of interacting with other people on a normal level, but from your efforts on this board i would doubt it.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:46 pm

Tess wrote:

Didn't Joff already try that?

Maybe it's time to try again Joffa.

Oh was that petty and sniping.... I better use my real name. Rolling Eyes

"YAWN" Rolling Eyes

Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:58 pm

Like seagulls to a hot piece of fat.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:18 pm
Post subject: Re: The death of RWNR: Taking a broader perspectiveReply with quote

sherrife wrote:
Can i make the point that some of you guys are just a bit high-strung, and need to take it easy when dealing with other people. The guy was patently joking more often than not, and when he wasn't at least his sheer enthusiasm made for interesting and entertaining reading.

I'm guessing the same people who can't handle characters like RWNR hit/yell at children who don't know better or who are purposely trying to stir you.

Relax a little, I'm sure someone of his ilk will be back soon, maybe the problem is within you as opposed to within them...

Just a thought. Mods, move this as you will.

Its all about accountability mate and the responibility that comes with accountability.

Its not funny when someone believes they have a right to defame and or try and destroy someones character....and forgive me for harping on this same subject all the time.. but all done under some Donald Duck name.

As far as your children comment...do you have children...? for the record a good smack on the arse to a misbehaving child is well deserved so dont go giving us this high moral politically correct bullshit thing that yelling or smacking some misbehaving child is some kind of criminal offence.

Last edited by joffa corfe on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Chad's Moped 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:19 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
You think you know the reason, but you do not.

That being said, many people could learn to be more tolerant of what, after all, is a only a virtual existence.

Remember - we get rid of pests only, as they break the Rules.

Diverse points of view (from Collingwood supporters) have always been welcome on Nick's and that will continue.

You think you know the reason but you do not. What the hell is that supposed to mean? If he did something wrong (other than post his opinion) let us know then this topic wouldn't have to even exist. If he has been red carded for opinions albeit over the top ones then this forum is not what I thought it was. Someone may have to reprogram Hal to check all messages for negative comments before they are able to be posted.

Obviously RWNR was over the top but I found him humorous and his comments were tongue in cheek. A bit of name calling never hurt anyone, I'm sure we are big enough to be called losers or nuff nuffs without banning him from the site.

And if everyone thinks he has been here under other aliases and will return what is the point of banning him, is it just to get rid of him for a day under he rejoins under another name?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:24 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
I agree with you there, rand corp. an occasionally very entertaining poster and great writer but with such a huge ego that it clouded my digestion of his better posts. Somewhat schizophrenic in the expression of his ideas as well (just one person?!?). as to what he really thought....who knows?

RWNR If you were to come back to nick's - it would be nice if you came back with a new persona and your obviously expansive wit, but without all the crap. I would hope that you are capable of interacting with other people on a normal level, but from your efforts on this board i would doubt it.

He was my fave poster and obviously very clever.

I hope he comes back i really do...like i said earlier he just went too far bashing poor old Taz.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:27 pm

Chad's Moped wrote:
You think you know the reason but you do not. What the hell is that supposed to mean? If he did something wrong (other than post his opinion) let us know then this topic wouldn't have to even exist. If he has been red carded for opinions albeit over the top ones then this forum is not what I thought it was. Someone may have to reprogram Hal to check all messages for negative comments before they are able to be posted.

Obviously RWNR was over the top but I found him humorous and his comments were tongue in cheek. A bit of name calling never hurt anyone, I'm sure we are big enough to be called losers or nuff nuffs without banning him from the site.

And if everyone thinks he has been here under other aliases and will return what is the point of banning him, is it just to get rid of him for a day under he rejoins under another name?

He/she broke a rule that didn't have anything to do with 'name calling', or was he/she red carded for his 'opinions'. As WPW said, people get booted as the break the rules....having an opinion, or for that matter, being a knob doesn't come into play in regards to this. If it did, you'd have a board with exactly zero members.
Chad's Moped 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:32 pm

What rule did he break then? If it has nothing to do with name calling or his opinions what else could it be? This is an internet forum you can't do much else than post your opinion.

If he was banned for posting articles or Slys rant that was a cheap way to ban him.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:41 pm

Chad's Moped wrote:
If he was banned for posting articles or Slys rant that was a cheap way to ban him.

No. I'd suggest you read the rules, then see if you can put 2 and 2 together.

The mods do not publicise why posters are carded. That is done in private via PM or email with the relevant poster. I'd suggest you'd best find Throbbie and ask, because we don't kiss and tell.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:43 pm

Why do people think that the mods have to justify ever single thing they do?

Sly's rant? What? That has been posted on here before. Articles? Everyone does that.

Chad's Moped? Who are you really? You know alot about the board, but you joined: Joined: 30 Jun 2006. Can you please justify yourself? Do you use any other usernames? You seem to think the mods need to.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:49 pm

Joel wrote:

Sly's rant? What? That has been posted on here before. Articles? Everyone does that.

Chad's Moped? Who are you really? You know alot about a board but, your joined: Joined: 30 Jun 2006. Can you please justify yourself? You seem to think the mods need to.

Now be careful Joel

Because.. in any governed community.. Nicks board is no exception and is governed in a sense by Mods.. those who make the rules are often required to explain why they do so, i wouldnt want it any other way...no one is greater than anyone especially those priveledged with the enormous task of moderating.

Having said that on this ocassion Nicks board was right in it's decision Smile

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm not saying people shouldn't be answerable. That is fair enough, but people question everything, yet are so unwilling to help out with anything to do with Nick's, but feel free to criticise.
Chad's Moped 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Joel wrote:

Chad's Moped? Who are you really? You know alot about a board but, your joined: Joined: 30 Jun 2006. Can you please justify yourself? You seem to think the mods need to.

I enjoyed reading RWNRs posts so I annoyed he has been booted. The mods said it wasn't because of his opinions (eg. Pairs Tarrant) or name calling (eg. All Collingwood supporters are losers and niff nuffs) which I thought would be the reason.

Several times in the last couple of weeks the mods told RWNR off for posting full articles not just link and a sample and for posting Slys rant and not his link so people would visit his sight. I thought maybe the mods used this as a technicality to ban RWNR so they were perceived to be banning him for his opinions but it seems it was another reason all together. I do not want them to kiss and tell but it seems they can ban someone they dont agree with and give no reason because it is not their policy to divulge reasons.

I have been visiting this site for several years but my workplace internet blocked me each time I tried to join. Now I can finally afford a PC at home so I joined so that I could post. Is this OK with you Joel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: