Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jason Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:00 am
Post subject: Jason ClokeReply with quote

I have seen glimpses of Jason play, and he seems to be a strong lad who is very hard at the ball and man. But can anyone on this sight shed some light on his aerobic capacity and his skills with the football. Also, does he give a lot of rebound out of defence when he has the ball (And does he use it well)?

Because the glimpses I have seen of him, he seems to be very defensive and rarely gives run with the football. But in saying that I have seen him in the forward line and he really knows how to take a contested mark.

So if any of you have been following him through the year could you enlighten me on his main strengths and weaknesses, and tell me if you think he is the Centre Half Back we need, or a strong marking forward.

Anyone…

Also does anyone know how his brothers are going (What type of players are they)? - And are they good enough for Collingwood to pick up under the father son rule in the future?

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen a lot of Jason, but what little I have seen he seems to know how to get a kick and make a contest.

I do know that there is a fair bit of enthusiasm about his brothers and they are coming under father/son consideration. The rules are about to change and it now depends on who else makes a "bid" as to what draft choice is required to secure a f/son player. That will most likely determine whether we get them.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:36 am

BUCKS I saw Jason two years ago now in the Teal cup final - he killed them at CHB. He took roughly 30 marks and just dominated, rebounding from the HB line like nobody's business. Unfortunately his forwards couldn't kick for s**t, but he dominated in the backline. I didn't see much of him this year but by all accounts he performed consistently witout being spectacular.

I'd like ot see him get some seniors games this year, cause he's a big bloke, and it'd be good to see him get some confidence. He can mix it with the biggest of them - he just needs to know that I think. Also, if he gets some confidence in his team mates he can preovide some great drive out of HB line with his penetrative kicking, if he hasn't lost it in the weights room lol!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
dallas 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 2:19 pm

i saw one of Jason's brothers play an Eastern Rangers game a few months back. Can't remember his first name but he played in the ruck most of the game. He is a big boy and played well.

the prez 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 2:42 pm

The biggest query on Cloke appears to be his disposal which needs some improvement however he has the attributes to become a formidable presence in the backline.He has the right attitude and character and more importantly the talent to step up.Its up to Jason to do the work.But if reports of Molloy coming off second best in a training clash(tackling) with Cloke are correct,he'll be leaving his mark on the rest of the competition before too long.

GO WOODS

buckers5 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 4:53 pm

i have watced jason the majority of the year for willy and was very impressed with what i seen he is strong , tuff , flys for his marksand has good hands , but is not the most reliable kick , i think he will be a reliable defender for us over the next 10 years , and his brother is 16 and plays for the eastern rangers is already 195cm will be a ruckman ,but looks raw still

FIGJAM 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:31 am

The thing I like best about Jason, is his ability to read the play and leave his man to nullify a forward attack. He killed Luke Livingstone (number 4 draft pick) against Carlton, so he has the ability to win, but don't expect him to give too much drive from the backline.

Expect the coaching staff to work heavily on his kicking over the pre-season. I also expect him to lose a bit of wieght akin to Molloy's loss this year (ie. still strong, but leaner), which will give him better agility and pace.

And he needs a haircut!

His brothers, if relatively polished, are walk up starts for the club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: