Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cwood home page

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 1999 8:08 am
Post subject: Cwood home pageReply with quote

For all the overseas visitors to the web site of the most famous sporting club in Oz I attach a copy of a brief note to Ed our Prez, (emailed via the web site) in the hope you'll all do the same. Maybe then we'll get the source information we need to fuel the fires of these bulletin boards.
=================
Dear Mr. McGuire,

The Collingwood web-site is a disgrace to the holy name of Collingwood. I noticed with interest and bridled hope, the message delivered by yourself to those (and press) present at Alex Waislitz's bash ""We will do everything better from now on,,,"" Best practice, state of the art call it what you will,, please don't make announcements if they are not to be honoured. We all depend on you, we all need your leadership and ability to get the best out of this our beloved team. So please, appoint someone to assist with improving this very tired source of information on the most famous club in Australia.

best regards,

Pie no sauce

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 1999 3:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed the Collingwood Web Site is not the most exciting journey I have had into cyberspace, but considering the amount of censorship any potential content probably goes through, it is OK compared to some of the other clubs' home pages. We all know the real news can be found on supporter sites like this excellent one...... I think you make a very good point in regard to the missed opportunity for e-commerce. A simple on-line catalogue for not only merchandise but even memberships would not only generate mega bucks, but also give those unfortunate souls who do not live in Melbourne, an opportunity to buy stuff that may not be readily available in their neck of the woods. whether it be London or Kalgoorlie.
Go Pies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: