Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought Joff but how about a landmark walk where we take in some of Melbournes famous landmarks and maybe....just maybe we could include the old girl her self(vic park)
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:51 pm

i'LL be along!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:54 am

joffa corfe wrote:
In a sense im prostituting myself i've heard some unofficial rumblings via others from the typical few...the walk is named the joffa walk for epilepsy awareness because of the profile i now have, just about everyone knows who joffa is...if we can raise one extra dollar for epilepsy awareness because someone wanted to check out why joffa has organised the walk every minute in getting this thing organised will have been worth every effort.
Having said that im touched by the help Norm and Lee have given and without help from such people the whole thing wouldnt get off the ground.

Along the walk we will also be giving people the chance for a gold coin donation if they wish to be photographed in the gold jacket with all proceeds going to Epilepsy Victoria.
We will also have collection tins and tee shirts.
Slowly but surely we're getting there!

No you are not in any sense of the word - prostituting yourself would be for absolute self gain - I fail to see what you can personally gain from this

What I can see is someone willing to put himself out there for the sake of raising not only the profile but also funds for an often misunderstood condition that is essentially "not sexy enough" to capture the interests of our on the whole superficial and celebrity obsessed media

Despite the inevitable crap that you will cop from a group of small minded and vindictive individuals - good for you!!!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:12 am

nuxta wrote:
Just a thought Joff but how about a landmark walk where we take in some of Melbournes famous landmarks and maybe....just maybe we could include the old girl her self(vic park)

Not a bad idea we might start at Victoria Park go via the Lexus Centre and walk to Albert park Lake now that would be a nice walk Smile

What do you think Norm ?

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:41 am

Sounds good mate. Perhaps we could finish with a BBQ in the park and a bit of fun for the kids. I could more than likely get us free snags and I have a huge portable BBQ
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:52 am

Joff - I'd pay a gold coin (or maybe more) to complete a "Collingwood Supporters Lap of Vic Park for Epilepsy Awareness". Or maybe a lap of the 'G? Or maybe both?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:53 am

What you said was either too complex or too simple for me.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:55 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Joff - I'd pay a gold coin (or maybe more) to complete a "Collingwood Supporters Lap of Vic Park for Epilepsy Awareness". Or maybe a lap of the 'G? Or maybe both?

Thats a gun idea whyphilywhy, we could use it as an added drawing point to get participants.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:26 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

That is a good idea mate we'll stick that on the sheet of planned events.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:28 am

nuxta wrote:
Sounds good mate. Perhaps we could finish with a BBQ in the park and a bit of fun for the kids. I could more than likely get us free snags and I have a huge portable BBQ

Another good idea.

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 am

Joff, any idea on the course walk yet?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:31 am

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Joff, any idea on the course walk yet?

I'll be talking with Epilepsy Victoria today and will have something in concrete tomorrow Wink

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:59 am

Slowly but surely..

The date for the Walk will be Sunday 29th October from 10am
For those wh cannot join in the whole walk but want to contribute can do so by walking around Victoria Park finishing with a Gold coin donation then we head off...
From Victoria Park via the Lexus Centre then onto Albert Park Lake where a BBQ will be held for all and sundry.
Along the way we will be collecting donations from people in the streets and at intersections.
Along the way for a Gold coin donation people can be photographed in the Gold Jacket.
The major theme will be Epilepsy Awareness and First Aid Sezure pamphlets will be handed to anyone who donates or anyone who wants one.

We will also have ' Epilepsy awareness walk ' tee shirts which we're trying to organise now but need funding if anyone has any contacts or ideas please let me know, all sales from Tee Shirts will go directly to Epilepsy Victoria.

We have the support vehicle and driver thanks to Chaplain Ian from the Salvation Army.
We will over the next few weeks have flyers printed to get the word out about the walk if anyone wants any please email joffacorfe@hotmail.com

The Collingwood official website will give us some space a month prior to the walk...greatly appreciated!
It will be widely publicised on the Epilepsy Victoria website the mesage is anyone and everyone is absolutely welcome to join in.
We're hoping prior to the walk we may get some publicity from the media we're kind of hoping this thing will recieve a huge response from all sections of the public.
This will now be an annual event to be held every year!!

There is still plenty of room for others to help out any help out all help will be greatly appreciated.

Any financial help will be acknowledged on Tee Shirts
Norm we need the name of your company is it LG ? and will they be happy to recieve recgonition on Tee shirts for their gift in helping us out.

So far we have on Tee Shirts

Magpies.net
LG.

Anyone know any Butchers out there who will donate meat for the Barby, i will ring Coke a cola next week to see if they can help with drinks.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:40 am

Make sure charge a gold coin for the snags in bread as well as the coke (which reminds me, you need to get a donation of bread as well)

I don't think i'll be able to make it, depends on other health issues. But happy to help with ideas Smile

Last edited by Proud Pies on Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:42 am

Joff,

If you need any help on the day, let me know. I will definately be there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: