Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a better idea...either way, it's still a long walk, but I'm definately up for it. Hopefully the weather will hold out too.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:07 pm

Joffa, I need a letter from the Epilepsy foundation to show that they are on board to present to a couple in interested potential sponsors. I believe we also need to liase with the police when doing something like this as we will be walking along the highway.

I think it would be a real hear turner as well if we could include some sort of novelty or gimick into the walk to increase participation. Any Nicksters have any thoughts as we are looking for ideas?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:58 pm

nuxta wrote:
Joffa, I need a letter from the Epilepsy foundation to show that they are on board to present to a couple in interested potential sponsors. I believe we also need to liase with the police when doing something like this as we will be walking along the highway.

I think it would be a real hear turner as well if we could include some sort of novelty or gimick into the walk to increase participation. Any Nicksters have any thoughts as we are looking for ideas?

I have the letter right here Norm would you like a photo copy sent to you or the original ?

When we get the dates organised we will notify the police, the walk will start from lexus and finish back at the lexus centre.

Question..weekend or during the week...i like during the week but am open for other suggestions ?

y2Traci Gemini

Geelong Magpie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:38 pm

If you go at the weekend you'll probably find you'll get a lot more walking with you!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:58 pm

I live in Hoppers Crossing Joff and there is a lot of cars up and down the Prinny(princess highway) on the wekends. You can fax me a copy of the letter mate. I will pm you the fax number when I get to work in the morning.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Their has been major developments in our quest to get this charity walk up and running...we'll be back during the week with updates.

Must especially thank Nicks Board for letting us promote and publicise the Walk For Epilepsy Awareness...your support will not go unnoticed!
cheers

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 pm

This was all could manage out of work Joff, but I still have few irons in the fire.

prize.JPG

leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:11 pm

LoL nice work nuxta, i'm bribing my school into supporting the walk. As well as getting some hopeful sponsorship!!! I work for a shire... so i can't get nothin outta them! haha COME ONE GUYS... Chip in... its for a worthy cause!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:14 pm

Norm
Anything is appreciative and on behalf of myself and the epilepsy foundation of victoria thanks heaps mate, your support and willingness to help is fantastic.

We now have a support vehicle for the walk which will be driven by a salvation army chaplain which is a huge relief and without it we probably wouldn't be able to do it..all we need now is enough funds to get some commerative tee shirts made with all sales going to epilepsy victoria.
In a couple of days the date will be made for the walk, this thing is going to be huge the ammount of people who want to do the walk and help with collecting donations is getting bigger by the day.

Last edited by joffa corfe on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:15 pm

leelee wrote:
LoL nice work nuxta, i'm bribing my school into supporting the walk. As well as getting some hopeful sponsorship!!! I work for a shire... so i can't get nothin outta them! haha COME ONE GUYS... Chip in... its for a worthy cause!

And likewise to you Lee, your help will not go unnoticed the things you have planned and trying to do is truly appreciated.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:20 pm

y2Traci wrote:
If you go at the weekend you'll probably find you'll get a lot more walking with you!

I have never been involved in a charity walk before traci let alone trying to organise one we're learning things everyday.
The walk will not be to Geelong, the walk will now be in suburban melbourne to involve as many people as possible allready with the plan to keep it in melbourne the response from others wanting to get imvolved has increased tenfold
Sorry about that traci.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:22 pm

Have we settled on a course yet Joff?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:25 pm

nuxta wrote:

We'll be organising that with Epilepsy Victoria tomorrow mate and the walk will be on a sunday Smile

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:33 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
nuxta wrote:

We'll be organising that with Epilepsy Victoria tomorrow mate and the walk will be on a sunday Smile

most do the walks around Albert Park Lake. It's roughly 5 km and it's a fairly easy walk for almost anyone to do and it's flat.

Although, I think that Juvenile Diabetes usually walk the Lake around October. Just checked and the JDRF Walk is Sunday 15 Oct 2006

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:41 pm

In a sense im prostituting myself i've heard some unofficial rumblings via others from the typical few...the walk is named the joffa walk for epilepsy awareness because of the profile i now have, just about everyone knows who joffa is...if we can raise one extra dollar for epilepsy awareness because someone wanted to check out why joffa has organised the walk every minute in getting this thing organised will have been worth every effort.
Having said that im touched by the help Norm and Lee have given and without help from such people the whole thing wouldnt get off the ground.

Along the walk we will also be giving people the chance for a gold coin donation if they wish to be photographed in the gold jacket with all proceeds going to Epilepsy Victoria.
We will also have collection tins and tee shirts.
Slowly but surely we're getting there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: