Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeke Scorpio

Growl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:04 am
Post subject: Re: The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!Reply with quote

<Off topic post deleted.

Please feel free to create another thread in VPT to discuss the specific issue raised.

BBMods
>

Zeke Scorpio

Growl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:42 pm
Post subject: Re: The walk for Epilepsy Awareness i need your help!!Reply with quote

Zeke wrote:
<Off topic post deleted.

Please feel free to create another thread in VPT to discuss the specific issue raised.

BBMods
>

Fair enough.

Might I ask what Joffa's Epilepsy walk has to do with The Collingwood Football Club?

Can I also advertise any of my offtopic personal endeavors on this board?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Zeke wrote:
Fair enough.

Might I ask what Joffa's Epilepsy walk has to do with The Collingwood Football Club?

Can I also advertise any of my offtopic personal endeavors on this board?

Please feel free to approach the Mods at any time to ask.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nuxta wrote:
Joffa, I have spoken with a few people about some assistance or sponsorship and they would like to see some more info before committing. Can you give us some more concrette plans ie: dates, what sort of assistance is needed and that sort of thing.

Thats fair enough mate i'll get some concrete plans on paper and give them to ya tomorrow night...dont forget the CD mate
cheers and thanks Norm

Ps norm i'll PM ya with details etc etc and you can print them off it will look more proffessional that way.

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:44 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Thanks Sugar Daddy! Very Happy

Sugar Daddy ' Oh Please...dont go starting any unfounded rumours Smile

I have a whip and I'm not afraid to use it Wink

Back on topic; Jin will be coming with me as well Joff, and possibly my cousin, who has epilepsy. I need to double check dates though for the Womens Cancer Association walk we are doing again this year. I'm meant to be a speaker and guest for this to talk about my experience etc. All I know for a fact is that it's in October, so I'll find out what the dates are for that too. If it clashes, I will have to back out, sorry.

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:48 pm

Sorry, I just had another brain-wave (yes I actually do use my brain from time to time, when I feel suited to do so).

I helped with a fundraiser back in Newcastle a few years back, it was to raise money for the Childrens Hospital. We called it the "Pie Van Push". We went and got a crappy old Pie Van (think of a Mazda bongo van if you don't know what a 'Pie Van' is. It had no engine, so we just painted it, spiffied it up (had sponsors help, eg: bodyworks shops). We branded the name of the fundraiser all over it, and we pushed the van from one side of Newcastle to the other, with all the TV stations watching us. It grabbed a lot of media attention and we racked in the money for people to sponsor us to push this big van for 5 hours straight.

My suggestion is, if you're going to have a walk, make it a bit more interesting, something would WOW a lot of people and raise awareness for the cause.

Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Some good news The Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria is estatic about what we're all trying to do and will support us with any help in anyway it can, it has been decided to somewhat use the profile i have obtained over the years which im sure will attract interest.

It will be known as
The Joffa Walk For Epilepsy Awareness.

The name Joffa is well known all over Victoria and most of Australia for the crazy collingwood guy in the Gold Jacket.
Im sure when we approach media outlets with the walk and what we're all trying to achieve the interest will be immense...well i hope Smile

The Melbourne media and the Adelaide media will be notified of the walk and when we plan the route of the walk all towns along the way will be notified of our intending arrival.
All donations will go to The Epilepsy Foundation Of Victoria, Tee shirts will be printed
On front...Joffa Walks For Epilepsy Awareness
On Back....Lets Make It Game Over For Epilepsy.
The Epilepsy Foundation have approved and will support the naming of the walk..Joffa Walks For Epilepsy Awareness.

We will print flyers to give out along the walk..The epilepsy foundation will supply Tins for collection.
They are currently in the process of sending me some vital stats regarding epilepsy in Victoria and Australia.

The Tee Shirts will be sold on the walk with all money going to the epilepsy foundation.

In my next posting all details and what we need to make this walk possible will be posted to attract sponsors so if anyone needs something to show someone what we're trying to do please print that post/details from here, if you need my mobile number please feel free to Pm me.

Will keep you all updated.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:20 pm

Can they get out of the process of sending him or her some vital stats regarding epilepsy in Victoria and Australia?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:22 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Sorry, I just had another brain-wave (yes I actually do use my brain from time to time, when I feel suited to do so).

I helped with a fundraiser back in Newcastle a few years back, it was to raise money for the Childrens Hospital. We called it the "Pie Van Push". We went and got a crappy old Pie Van (think of a Mazda bongo van if you don't know what a 'Pie Van' is. It had no engine, so we just painted it, spiffied it up (had sponsors help, eg: bodyworks shops). We branded the name of the fundraiser all over it, and we pushed the van from one side of Newcastle to the other, with all the TV stations watching us. It grabbed a lot of media attention and we racked in the money for people to sponsor us to push this big van for 5 hours straight.

My suggestion is, if you're going to have a walk, make it a bit more interesting, something would WOW a lot of people and raise awareness for the cause.

Smile

Your enthusiasm and support Simone is a godsend
Thanks heaps Smile

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:25 pm

Douchebag, who's designing the t-shirts?

I just got some new graphic software at home as I was designing a t-shirt for another charity, so if you haven't got anyone, I may be able to spare some time.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:49 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam
My name is Joffa Corfe
Well known as the passionate crazy Collingwood guy in the Gold Jacket, In October sometime no concrete dates have been set as yet but it will be October, we are planning a walk from Melbourne to Adelaide to aid awareness for Epilepsy and people who suffer from Epilepsy

All dontaions along the way will go to The Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria the walk will be known as The Joffa Walk for Epilepsy Awareness and we're quite confident of attracting Media interest here in Melbourne and Adelaide and along the way until we reach our final destination of Adelaide.

The motive behind the walk is to invite discussion with all sections of the community invloving the stigma involving Epilepsy The ignorance towards those who suffer this illness.
Epilepsy is widespread and has no social boundaries it can and does effect anyone.
During the innitial discussion Re The Joffa Walk For Epilepsy Awareness with many Collingwood friends on Magpies.net known as Nicks Bulletin Board we have discovered many people suffer from this illness or are in daily contact with others who do.

The response and enthusiasm from my Collingwood friends on this website is another motivating factor for conducting the walk.
However as im sure you will appreciate to do such a walk we need funding and or sponsorship your help in anyway will be rewarded with your company name printed on Tee Shirts Flyers and Pamphlets not to mention the Media interest this walk will attract.

We need funding for a support Vehicle and Fuel
Sleeping bags Blankets Pillows
BBQ of some type
The funding will also cover magnetic strips with your company logo which will be placed onto the Support vehicle and associated flyers and Pamphlets.
But more importantly your help wih our help will together help remove the associated negative feelings towards those who suffer Epilepsy i know first hand the worries and concerns regarding Epilepsy as my 18 year old Daughter suffers from this illness.
Its not pleasant watching your own have a full on seizure, Epilepsy doesnt just happen at home in the confines of ones privacy it is very much something that can occur in a public place, shopping centres train stations and sporting events.

As a parant watching one of his children have a seizure is heart breaking it's not pretty to watch, frothing of the mouth, vioent shaking the concern of head injury when hitting the ground some people wet themselves during a full on seizure and the real heartbreaker is the comments from people in the vicinity of someone having a seizure.
The majority of people dont understand Epilepsy im hoping that through this walk the door can be opened invite discussion and go towards removing any misinformed opinions towards the illness and those who suffer the illness.
We can only do this through your support, we hope to have you on board.
Many thanks
Yours sincerely
Joffa Corfe

joffacorfe@hotmail.com

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:57 pm

Use the spell check before you send that Joff...I found a few errors - It's what I do for a living Very Happy

leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Joffa your a bloody legend. Anybody would melt at the knees for that letter! Pencil me in, as i may only be able to walk for a few days due to bloody exams.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:25 am

I went and had a look at your website Leelee. Top stuff, and by the way, your a little stunner.
leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:52 pm

thanks nuxta... lol... tis still in the process... lol

Joff, i could be a support vechile... lol i'll ride my bike! haha... any luck with sponsorship yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: