Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

tuckey gone will this bite us later on???????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanricho 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 10:12 am
Post subject: tuckey gone will this bite us later on???????Reply with quote

I see the pies have delisted 5 players and the only real loss is Tuckey. I have a bad feeling he could go to someone like Carlton. They would kill for a tall marking forward and that would hurt if he played well. Good luck fryer as long as you dont play for Carlton.
Also noticed that Andrew Hill was not dumped from the rookie list and I thought he could play so does this mean he will?
If you people know anything on this matter please comment.

GO STEVE MCKEE ITS TIME TO KNOCK YOUR KNOCKERS

the prez 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 3:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly DeanRicho you don't have to worry about tuckey going to Carlton as they now have McKernan and have no place for Tuckey aside from their reserves team where no doubt Tuckey would play well.As an AFL footballer though Tuckey has been a major disappointment particularly as he was a high draft pick.
On Hill,he will remain at the club either on the rookie list or thru promotion to the seniors via the draft.Hill has a lot of potential and would not surprise me if he was promoted considering the absence of talls now on the list.

GO WOODS

JiMc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 3:24 pm

Tuckey has failed to impress since being drafted to the club as a 17yo back in 1997. I can remember when he was playing reserves and Bob Rose was quoted on the radio saying that Tuckey will be a super star.
The limited opportunites he has been given in the seniors he has failed to really make an impact. The game is such that players cant afford to be carried just so they can play in the VFL. 4 years is a long time, and unfortunately for Tuckey, the club has to move the list along.

gO pIeS

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:18 pm

The tuckster was a nice bloke and it hurts to see nice guys being told they are no longer wanted and the same goes with wasley and leigh sheehan was a nice guy as well.

But come on people tuckey had his fair share of chances he would agree with that as well the fact is for whatever reason he just didnt produce i have a bad feeling about wasley and lovet-jones
i believe an injury free wasley will be a good player and lovet-jones can play football i just dont know what went wrong with him he is just a kid and still has time i just hope one day he doesnt come back to bite us on the bum.

'My God'i wouldnt go into hoddle street tonight for quids'.Bill jacobs 3aw, minutes after our premiership'That is like winning tattslotto and losing your ticket and some bloke puts it in the herald sun that he found it'Rex Hunt 3aw during the 1990 grand final'Well thats about as useful as a fly wire door in a submarine'sammy newman 3aw during the 1990 grand final

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:25 pm

hasn't Tuckey been a Magpie for about 4 or 5 years now??? enough said i think Uka was more unlucky to get chopped than Tuckey and as for the rookies well i think Lovett-Murray had potential as i watched him in the Willy 2's finals this year and he was a good bloke too. Hill is a lil superstar and will do well with a senior chance. Where on earth did my Stevie Rode go that's wot i wanna know???

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 7:28 pm

He's still there Spidergirl on the rookie list.

deanricho 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 7:20 am

I think steve rode pissed of during the year when he could not get a game for Williamstown. I never saw his name in the best for willys two's after he was dropped. Dont get me wrong I thought Tuckey should have gone but key position player can mature late EG John Barker.
I did however thing Dimma was lucky to stay!
thanx for your onput people

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:43 am

yeah that's what i thought musta happened dean richo because i kept seein that his name wasn't in the Williamstown side then when i watched Willy's 2's goin round during the finals he wasn't with them either

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 3:03 pm

i am still getting ova it... i mean brent tuckey? everyone prob knows how i feel about his play.. i mean.. all season i have been arguing that he should be in there getting a game and kicking out... AHEM *someone else*

deanricho, i reakon brent'll SOOO come back and kick us in the butt... he'll really damage us.. and from the otha side of line....

but hey.. its our loss rite?

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

PS i don't care where he goes, but i really hope he'll rock us if we play him... i want him to show the board wat they lost.

PPS good luck to him, i'll be a cheering

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 4:03 pm

I goto uni wif Steve Rode. He had Osteitis Pubis all year and just when he thought he was ready to come back each time he suffered a relapse. Was close to being selected for Willy seconds in the final but didn't play. Said he was goin to take a year off next year but this was probably because he thought he woulda bin cut from the list. Glad he is still there.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 6:45 am

sh*t.... thats 3 players with osteitis pubis in one year!!!

once a nick daffy hater, always a nick daffy hater.

NICK DAFFY, YOU SUCK!!!
buckers5 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:10 am

andrew hill has been promoted to the senior list , when wasley was put onto the injured list , hill is now apart of the pies squad for 2002

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:23 am

aw my god thank u (i can't even say that weird name) person who goes to uni with Stevie Rode...well u can tell him he has one groupie here anyway oh no not another favorite player who is injured

buckers5 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 2:38 pm

as a key forward u need to have something special to be a great consistant player , tuckey was a good mark , but was a ordinary kick and useless when the ball was on ground level , might be better of at another club to try his luck

B.MAN 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:58 am

i also thought uka was abit unlucky,with the opportunities he had this year,i thought he played quite well,as for tuckey,he had quite afew opportunities this year and year before,and didnt perform the best,so maybe that might be the reason why the delisted,what do you think??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: