Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where to play Mark Richardson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 10:10 am
Post subject: Where to play Mark RichardsonReply with quote

I've got nothing against Mark but the only place I could see him play next year is off the bench. The thing with him is he gives no rebound from the back half and is slow, and in the ruck he has no impact. Also I think we have given up on him as a Forward.

So where do you play him?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

With our forward line there is no room for him.

BUT - who do you plan to have at CHB? Kinnear can be the 3rd tall atm, but I would still have Richo at CHB. Cloak isn't ready for a key position yet, so he comes off the bench and changes with kinner and richo.

I think Richo still is the best CHB we have, for the first half of the year anyway.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 10:43 am

I think Shane Wakelin can play CHB. I think he has had a good season this year. And I dont get why so many of you bag him. He may not be the most skilled but he is quicker and does the job.

Keep it up Shane!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 11:01 am

Wakelin doens't play body on body - he's not big enough. So he plays off his opponent a little and tries to crash into them from the side, which is good when it works, but it can absolutely kill you - a leading player would anhilate him. CHB is not his position cause he's too short too - it wouldn't be fair to ask him to do that. I think 3rd tall is his spot, if he gets one.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 11:36 am

If he is fit, Mark Richardson is far and away our best CHB option. He has beaten quality oponents. He has had some injury problems in the last year or so but he has experiance, height and strength which we lack. He is also a good long kick. He can pinch hit at CHF but is not mobile enough to turn back to goal. There is no doubt it is a position we could strengthen but Richo will do for now.

I'm not sure Wakelin is in our best half dozen defenders let alone CHB material. He played some good games early last year but he is not strong, fast or tall enough for modern CHF's.

Hopefully Cloak will fit into CHB but it probably wont be this year.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 12:38 pm

I think Mark Richardson shoud plsy CHB. CHF. FF and take spells in the Ruck (For Williamstown of course)

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:07 am

Orange Boy

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 8:39 am

I still fail to see why we need a CHB when i reckon we have one right under our noses...Who you ask?? A.Rocca. I believe that he would make an excellent CHB. he can punch hard, has the height and mobility and can deliver the ball well into our forward line when needed.I believe we have a good enough forward line and an ever improving centre line. Josh can drift back in defense when needed and move forward in attack. He would not have to take tap outs down back because Rocca would already be there.
I know i might receive a lot of scepticism about this view but hey i still reckon it could work. Otherwise I believe Richo could still play CHB well.
Has anyone given a thought about Mckee playing CHB. I remember him playing there in 2000 against the Don's and i reckon he did a pretty good job. maybe that is another option???

BUCKS 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 8:56 am

Anthony Rocca is a forward full stop.

McKee maybe, but we need him in the ruck.

All I can say is Shane Wakelin is the best option we got until players like Cloke, Roach or Kinnear stand up.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 9:20 am

Rocca is good value up forwards I reckon - better than down back. He'd be a better player if they'd just give him CHF and tell him it's his - like they did last year - instead of throwing him back, forwards, ruck etc.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 11:58 am

Magpie Greg, Mark Richardson is very overeated. I disagree strongly that Mark Richardson is our best CHB. I went to every game in Melbourne last year and dont recall Mark Richardson playing too many games let alone good ones. Please feel free to enlighten myself on all of Mark Richardsons good games.

I would much rather go with the youth of Ben Kinnear and Cloke as these are the future of our club.

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:15 pm

I think Richo, with his height and strength, is a fantastic option for CHB. The only catch is whether he can stay fit and un-injured as he played a couple of fantastic matches before injury hit this year. I definitely want to see him back to his best as I think he has a lot to offer our backline - especially with that booming kick!

I'd definitely leave Rocca in the forward line, even if he has to run down the ground occasionaly or assist in the ruck.

And I agree with Bucks that Wakelin is still a good option on the backline until we have younger guys who can step-up. He has done some good things this year but I think he needs to work on his consistency.

GO PIES!

Marg

MarkT 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:07 am

You have to balance up a few things in working out who your back 6 are. One is height and another is body strength. Presti and Richo have those. No other player on our list, apart from Rocca, who has played down back has those 2 attribites. That makes both of these 2 players vital for us.

Richo rarely gets a towling at CHB and has beaten Carey, Mathew Richardson, Whitnall etc. He is not quick but moves well enough for his size. He doesn't make the errors he used to make and has continued to work on his game. He sometimes looks laconic but so do many better players than Richo. I am hopeful Cloak will fill the CHB role in time but, for now, Richo is our best option and daylight seperates him from the next best candidate.

I don't think Wakelin can be anything more than handy. Clement can fill a role against certain opponents and we will have to flexible with oiur set up.

Rocca can play CHB but he can be suspect against running players like Whitnal and Hird becauase he doesn't have the aerobic capacity. Burst players don't play in the back line because their danger is reduced and they can be too easily exploited.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:36 am

For once Mark I agree with you completely!!!

Molloy and Rocca are the guys who opperate the body strength aspect of our forward line - so Tarrent and Davis, etc can perform well. Presti and Richo do the same for the backline.

Balance.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 11:03 am

exactly magpie greg.

the things he does doesn't show on the stats sheet either. He's a much improved player form 93 - 96 era.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: