Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Teams for Round 17 vs Sandringham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Post subject: Re: JAReply with quote

lawboy wrote:
JAJH - ive seen your boy just a couple of times and have been impressed with what Ive seen. How is he going putting on some body-weight - gotta be tough for a kid so young but looks to be about the only thing he is lacking at this stage - big pre-season next year im guessing.

It's weird isn't it, although if he is going to be a key position backman on the likes of a barry hall you'd want a few more kilos on him, but one thing I noticed about him was that he was ready built for senior footy. Built in the mould of a Jimmy Clement, big but not huge.

JAJH my mum said that John had a good game and was clearly one of our best in an overall dissappointing performance. At times (most of the time) me and her don't agree on games, she has the tendancy of seeing one thing a player does bad and using that to reflect on their whole game (and the player can do the same thing 8 weeks later and she'll comment that they do that all the time), she doesn't have much time for Rowe and said he was the worst so I wasn't sure if he was bad or it was her just not liking him again.

Also I heard through the grapevine JAJH that you made a claim that without me there your ears may not be as sore after the game. I'm not at liberty to reveal my sources and if I was smarter I might be offended Very Happy (you think your ears would be better off, imagine how grateful the umpires would be. On that, and I know it wouldn't have changed the result, but how poorly did the umpires perform this week)

As for Toovey I agree with everything people have been saying about him. Had you asked me 6-8 weeks ago which rookie was the best I'd probably have said Nicholls but Toovey has surpassed him. This kid is as honest as the day is long and I think he has deceptive pace, not quick but a bit like presti can close down space and make space when running from defence by reading the play and getting himself in a position to have a few extra yards so that he doesn't need genuine speed to create that space and give him time to dispose of the ball.
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:05 pm
Post subject: Re: JAReply with quote

WKB wrote:
lawboy wrote:
JAJH - ive seen your boy just a couple of times and have been impressed with what Ive seen. How is he going putting on some body-weight - gotta be tough for a kid so young but looks to be about the only thing he is lacking at this stage - big pre-season next year im guessing.

It's weird isn't it, although if he is going to be a key position backman on the likes of a barry hall you'd want a few more kilos on him, but one thing I noticed about him was that he was ready built for senior footy. Built in the mould of a Jimmy Clement, big but not huge.

JAJH my mum said that John had a good game and was clearly one of our best in an overall dissappointing performance. At times (most of the time) me and her don't agree on games, she has the tendancy of seeing one thing a player does bad and using that to reflect on their whole game (and the player can do the same thing 8 weeks later and she'll comment that they do that all the time), she doesn't have much time for Rowe and said he was the worst so I wasn't sure if he was bad or it was her just not liking him again.

Also I heard through the grapevine JAJH that you made a claim that without me there your ears may not be as sore after the game. I'm not at liberty to reveal my sources and if I was smarter I might be offended Very Happy (you think your ears would be better off, imagine how grateful the umpires would be. On that, and I know it wouldn't have changed the result, but how poorly did the umpires perform this week)

As for Toovey I agree with everything people have been saying about him. Had you asked me 6-8 weeks ago which rookie was the best I'd probably have said Nicholls but Toovey has surpassed him. This kid is as honest as the day is long and I think he has deceptive pace, not quick but a bit like presti can close down space and make space when running from defence by reading the play and getting himself in a position to have a few extra yards so that he doesn't need genuine speed to create that space and give him time to dispose of the ball.

Was a pity you weren't there Chris, we missed your dulcet tones of encouragement. I don't who your sources were, but they must have been terribly mistaken about anything I said re your overactive use of the vernacular!!! There was some consolation, a young kid of about 14 was sitting in your usual position during the seconds and boy did he have a big gob, I thought YOU had arrived with a few of your mates! LOL.
In regards to young John, I often think he is a little light weight for the big time, but I remind myself there are lots of lighter guys than him such as Dale THOMAS for one and at the moment JA is getting on for a little under the 90kg mark. I think he has one of those physiques than looks relatively small but the weight indicates something different. Hopefully, if the good form continues we might see him in the B&W before the end of the season.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John was great and provided some great run off half back which was good to see, not your Presti type of just stopping the opponent Razz

Although on his weight, I have thought he was a bit of a light weight, but seeing him up close during the 3 qtr time huddle he doesnt appear that small, probably a good size for a 3rd defender as at this stage he wont be required to play on the no1 forward yet, seems alot stronger than Maxwell
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: