Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Teams for Round 17 vs Sandringham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. time for eddiesmith's weekly 'cloke was good. cloke presented well. cloke should get a game this week. cloke moved well. cloke looked switched on' crap.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:20 pm

You guys live for ES's commentary on the Clokes, you are even begging for it now and pre-empting it!!! You may need to go cold-turkey for a while otherwise you may end up bitter and twisted old tarts, completely obsessed with eddies every word!

Keep up the good work Eddie, its one of the reasons I log on! Great entertainment.

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Cameron Cloke was good.
okjoe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:01 pm

It was cold & miserable. Everyone played under thier ability. That's why we lost the game. Actually got flogged.
okjoe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:01 pm

It was cold & miserable. Everyone played under thier ability. That's why we lost the game. Actually got flogged.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:32 pm

It is funny you complain when I say Cloke was good even though they appear in the official best players which means so called 'neutral' observers saw it the same way

Fact is all 3 Cloke boys are far too good for VFL footy and continually do what is required to get a recall, just have to wait for the chance or Mick to grow some balls and drop an underperforming regular
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Havn't seen a willi game since about Rd 5 on the ABC. But have noticed Anthony consistantly being named in the best. Good to see an up and coming CHB.

Only for our solid backline, must be close for a call up?
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:24 am

eddiesmith wrote:

Thats right, how could I forget about his Milne impersonation against the Weagles kicking all those cheap goals

Back to the game, things dont look good for Rhyce Shaw, was pretty bad today, he played better last week when he ran with the ball a bit, today he was useless

You're a tool!

If rhyce shaw was worse this week than last week than he was clearly worse player on the ground because last week he was sh*thouse.

I've got the flu so didn't have the pleasure of attending this weeks game so I can't say firsthand.

JAJH how did shawy go this week, its funny but for some reason I need a more valued opinion on which players did ok.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:04 am

Rhyce Shaw atleast ran with it last week, used his pace to get away but this week he refused to run, took a few steps and got rid of it quickly, provided little entry inside 50

But then again I thought Shaw was no where near as bad last week as what you claim he was but always standing behind the Willy goals I only take note of what they do with the ball, cant tell how they are playing on their opponents
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:59 am

WKB wrote:

JAJH how did shawy go this week, its funny but for some reason I need a more valued opinion on which players did ok.

Chris, it was a very ordinary performance all round. It makes it tough when the opposition had 6 goals on the board in the 1st 12 minutes of the game and all we were doing was chasing all day. I think their spirit was shot after the 1 st quarter 8 goals to 2. There wasn't too many shining lights for Willy on the day, Rhyce had very little influence, Fanning and Richards average, LLOYD quiet by his standards but busy as usual, NICHHOLLS played a very good game as did ROWE & DAVIES. To be honest, I didn't think Cam CLOKE did enough to be named in the best but to be fair I was at the other end for half the game. My young bloke again did his job...must be getting close to a call up, but mine for the day was TOOVEY, I think he will wear the FB position from now, a great competitor, just keeps going and going. A very promising young rookie with a big heart.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 am

JAJH wrote:
but mine for the day was TOOVEY, I think he will wear the FB position from now, a great competitor, just keeps going and going. A very promising young rookie with a big heart.

Haven't actually seen anything of Toovey (Bendigo Bombers game moved from Bendigo to Windy Hill and no coverage of Williamstown on the ABC) but I'm curious about this guy. There were some fairly big wraps on his ability at U18 level but equally, queries about his capacity to hold down FB in senior footy given his size. There were also some query about his pace which would influence his capacity to play BB or HBF.

Where would you see him playing if he gets elevated and what's his pace like?
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:48 am

jackcass wrote:
JAJH wrote:
but mine for the day was TOOVEY, I think he will wear the FB position from now, a great competitor, just keeps going and going. A very promising young rookie with a big heart.

Haven't actually seen anything of Toovey (Bendigo Bombers game moved from Bendigo to Windy Hill and no coverage of Williamstown on the ABC) but I'm curious about this guy. There were some fairly big wraps on his ability at U18 level but equally, queries about his capacity to hold down FB in senior footy given his size. There were also some query about his pace which would influence his capacity to play BB or HBF.

Where would you see him playing if he gets elevated and what's his pace like?

Profile:
Height 188.6 cm
Guernsey Number:41
Weight: 79.3 kg
Recruited From:
Claremont (WA)
Date of Birth: 23 March 1987
He did very well on Sautner yesterday, kept him to 3 goals (kicked 7 last time they played us). His height is ok, just gotta beef up a little. I think he can hold down FB/BP without a problem..super competitive.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Thanks boys, greatly appreciated.

Really happy with the form of Nicholls and Toovey, we actually have the most promising rookie list (as a whole) that I can ever remember.

Love to see JA get a run before the end of the year but our backline has been performing very well and isn't the problem for us that our mids and misfiring key forwards are.
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:02 pm

Its a pity that the 2 young blokes that are showing alot are pretty similar types in Toovey and your boy JAJH.Maybe Maxwell might make way for Jon as he is on the list and Toovey a rookie.That would make Eddie happy. Smile Doesnt seem to be much happening down forward coming through.
lawboy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:10 pm
Post subject: JAReply with quote

JAJH - ive seen your boy just a couple of times and have been impressed with what Ive seen. How is he going putting on some body-weight - gotta be tough for a kid so young but looks to be about the only thing he is lacking at this stage - big pre-season next year im guessing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: