Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Footy Forum shut down by AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner of the HHQ site is doing what is right for him.
When it came down to it, the idiots who ended up infecting the board have won the day. The HHQ forum will close shortly and only the idiots will infest the boards that take over from it. This I know for certain.
What is important here is the lesson to be learned. HHQ never had a "3 strike" system in place and only a handful of people put their hands up to mod. In the end it raged out of control.
Vale HHQ, it was one of the better opposition boards in its day.

Eunos - official NBB sniper by appointment. Proudly sniping since 2001.
PM for a quote.

Screenshot taken for truth.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:27 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
The mods task is not hard im hearing all the time it's a thankless task it's easy get rid of the idiots......when the doorbell rings at home you decide who you let into your house... well dont you ?

I've made the point before, this isn't your house, or my house, or anyone else's house, it's Flinders Street Station. Anyone can walk in.

joffa corfe wrote:
The people who constantly put down this football club....dont bother comming in!

The people who constantly abuse or harrass others...dont bother comming in!

Im hearing we all have a right to an opinion ... half the opinions on all fansites are vile and nasty!

Yup, everyone has a right to voice their opinion. If they continually transgress, eventually they'll get the arse. If you'd prefer summary judgements, I can forsee that after I've banned everyone else inside a week, I'll ban myself...that'd make a great message board, no problems at all then. Extending the Flinders Street analogy, I suppose I take the attitude that if some dickhead is yelling out rubbish on Platform 2, I'll go to platform 4 till he shuts up! Eventually they'll get on a train and piss off somwhere else.

joffa corfe wrote:
And as far as the old days on Nicks it was heaven it was a community that stuck together and we bloody well did things together!!

We've always had fights here, just that as member numbers grow,the frequency increases. i remember when you and Alf et al arrived here all those years ago... us old farts didn't know what hit us!!!!!

joffa corfe wrote:
If everyone was made to sign in under real name and post under real name... it would stop instantly!!

The beauty of the internet is it is anonymous if you want it. We don't have to walk into flinders Street Station with nametags on. We can if we want to though.(well, I did when i was in Grade 2B on a trip to the botanical gardens, but that's another story)
spikey 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Eunos wrote:
The owner of the HHQ site is doing what is right for him.
When it came down to it, the idiots who ended up infecting the board have won the day. The HHQ forum will close shortly and only the idiots will infest the boards that take over from it. This I know for certain.
What is important here is the lesson to be learned. HHQ never had a "3 strike" system in place and only a handful of people put their hands up to mod. In the end it raged out of control.
Vale HHQ, it was one of the better opposition boards in its day.

Eunos - official NBB sniper by appointment. Proudly sniping since 2001.
PM for a quote.

Screenshot taken for truth.

yes they did have 3 warnings and your out unless you did some thing bad and got kicked out right away, as i know someone who was on there that got the 3 warnings and was outed i also know some one who got kicked out of here who did nothing wrong got told she had two warnings for what being a nice hawk supporter who had been on here for at least 2 years and never caused any trouble and was having a nice chat with joffa and you booted her off , there are idiots on all forums including this one, sorry but it is true , not all opposition supporters are idiots !

go pies
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:17 pm

spikey, oppo supporters can be banned for whatever the mods feel. It has been debated before. They are sometimes tolerated, but not wanted here.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:22 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
If everyone was made to sign in under real name and post under real name... it would stop instantly!!

I'm sorry Joffa, there's enough idiots out there in cyberland who read this forum (don't have to be a member to do that) and i'm not prepared to put my full name out there for those idiots.

Young kids (male and female) on here and women can all be at risk if we state our real names. In particular think of the young kids and the pedophiles that trawl through ALL websites.

People can see my name is Jacqui, the moderators can see my IP address and those that know me well know my full name. I don't believe I have to put more information out there than is already out there.

Kudos to you Joffa for putting yourself out there, but remember when there was flyers distributed at the G with your home address and phone number...I know it upset you, imagine a 15 year old kid's details being put out there.

Judge and jury 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:32 am
Post subject: HHQ under threat closing down, you could be the next target!Reply with quote

http://www.hawkheadquarters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23899

EVERYBODY PLEASE READ: HHQ Messageboard to be shut down
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy folks

I get no pleasure from what follows. In fact, there's a great deal of disappointment about what I feel I must do.

I am in receipt of a legal document from the AFL. The essence of it is that we are in breach of copyright by using official AFL or Hawthorn FC logos, or photographs that depict these logos or even AFL jumpers.

They are giving us seven days to remove all such detail from the site before they take it further.

I'm sure many other unofficial sites have had the same sorts of warnings slapped on them. But, be in no doubt, this is the thin edge of the wedge.

My crew and I have weathered any number of potential legal minefields down the years. In all instances, we've done everything in our power to right the wrongs, co-operated with various parties and in many instances worked together with them to keep the peace, as it were.

More written about this on the above link; surely us unoffical sites have to stick together in numbers. As theyre a few coporations (mentioning no names) that would like to see us all dissapear! Twisted Evil

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:07 am

JandJ, I think there is a already a link to that on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: