Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Footy Forum shut down by AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killbot 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I do stand corrected, in the HHQ case it seems that is has nothing to do with copyright/logo issues at all rather that some Dawk tool posted Goldspink's phone number on their forum yesterday and the AFL then cracked the shits over this
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:05 pm

Killbot wrote:
I do stand corrected, in the HHQ case it seems that is has nothing to do with copyright/logo issues at all rather that some Dawk tool posted Goldspink's phone number on their forum yesterday and the AFL then cracked the shits over this

If that is true, the AFL should be trying to work WITH the HHQ admin to crack the shits directly with said Dawk tool.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:19 pm

[quote="joffa corfe"]
Johnson#26 wrote:
Very sad, that site is quality.

There can't be any malicious harm in these sites - all people use them for is to talk footy. Confused

joffa corfe wrote:
I wish you were right mate i really do, such sites are brillaint or originally had a brilliant motive...but i think we've all somewhat moved from what the sites were originally designed for most of these sites have become snakepits for the desperate and or lonely and others who have no concept of consequence and or action.

It can seem that way. But what reason did we frequent this site (or other football supporters theirs) in the first place? The Collingwood Football Club. And that's why I'm still here. People speak of the golden days, but when exactly were they? And besides, the mods do very well in a tough position, it is a thankless task.

joffa corfe wrote:
I tell ya now luke half the crap that gets posted would cease if people made themselves accountable.

Not sure if this is completely true, Joffa, I'm not sure. But I wish that everyone could put aside personal differences (and we all have them) to just talk footy. Take the problems elsewhere, and it is just a BB, not a way off life (something the CFC is Wink).

Can't wait 'till the day we win the flag, because we'll all still be here swimming in glory. Very Happy
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:37 pm

The mods task is not hard im hearing all the time it's a thankless task it's easy get rid of the idiots......when the doorbell rings at home you decide who you let into your house... well dont you ?
If the person misbehaves in your house you dont sit back and say well i'll wait till he misbehaves three times LOL.....you'd kick the idiot out!

The people who constantly put down this football club....dont bother comming in!

The people who constantly abuse or harrass others...dont bother comming in!

Im hearing we all have a right to an opinion ... half the opinions on all fansites are vile and nasty!
And as far as the old days on Nicks it was heaven it was a community that stuck together and we bloody well did things together!!

If everyone was made to sign in under real name and post under real name... it would stop instantly!!

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:49 pm

Hooked

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:50 pm

KYPREO wrote:
If that is true, the AFL should be trying to work WITH the HHQ admin to crack the shits directly with said Dawk tool.

Agreed, they should be finding the person via IP trace and then go through the right channels to find out how this person got the number and prevent it happening again.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:23 pm

LOL its been a controversial week Wink

Im off to Adelaide seeyous all over there!!

GO PIES Wink

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:25 am

joffa corfe wrote:
The mods task is not hard im hearing all the time it's a thankless task it's easy get rid of the idiots......when the doorbell rings at home you decide who you let into your house... well dont you ?

Joffa it is difficult, I've been there, and I know it's hard not to upset people (even when strictly moderating by the rules). Someone always wants something different.

Joffa, using the example of yourself, I'm sure there are people who don't like you, or want you on here, or think some of your comments could have seen you banned. HOWEVER, you haven't been.

Quote:
If everyone was made to sign in under real name and post under real name... it would stop instantly!!

...and the incidence of people hunting others down outside of BBs would rise dramatically.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:27 am

Eunos, I'd do the same thing, you are just stirring the pot, it doesn't make it any better. You "sig" makes you feel better, just as editing it out does for others.

Last edited by Joel on Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:34 am

If the Pies followed suit which I doubt they would...It would be the end of being able to tell us all that we are part of the Peoples Club. lol
spikey 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:05 pm

not closed yet they had to take all images off as there were copyright issues so i have been told by a friend they are hoping not to close it but it will be wait and see i think and it might steam roll to all sites if they are not careful on the images and copyright issues
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:16 pm

Ordinarily I avoid this, but given the observation that the Mods task is "not hard", let me make the following points in rebuttal
joffa corfe wrote:

Nope - ever lived in a share house? Didn't your mates have some friends that you wouldn't have fed? I tolerated them for my mates sake.

Who gets to choose the idiots anyway? Not everyone comes with "I'm a Carlton Supporter" tattooed on their foreheads (though a lot of idiots do.
Quote:
If the person misbehaves in your house you dont sit back and say well i'll wait till he misbehaves three times LOL.....you'd kick the idiot out!
I don't believe you kick anyone out of your house the very instant they misbehave. From what I know of you, you're actually a pretty tolerant bloke.
Quote:
The people who constantly put down this football club....dont bother comming in!
You don't set those rules Joff. Anyway, define "constantly" and "put down".
Quote:
The people who constantly abuse or harrass others...dont bother comming in!
You've been known to have a fair crack yourself, but in general we agree. You don't see half the work we do - don't kid yourself that you know what goes on behind the scenes, coz you don't.
Quote:
Im hearing we all have a right to an opinion ... half the opinions on all fansites are vile and nasty!
Yep. That's also true of 50/50 in the HeraldSun and good deal of radio talkback. Anyway, opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one, but nobody's interested in anyone else's.
Quote:
And as far as the old days on Nicks it was heaven it was a community that stuck together and we bloody well did things together!!
That would be the Nick's that drove Mike to distraction and very nearly shut the place down? Rose coloured glasses my friend.
Quote:
And what a sad a colorless place it would be. Are you suggesting the same standards for letters to the editor, talkback callers, rumour files? We've even had the occasional Deepthroat visit (easy fellers - think Woodward and Bernstein)

Joff, I suggest that a site where everyone agrees with your view of the world would quickly become dull and boring. It would bore the tits of me for a start.

None-the-less, I may not agree with you, but I agree with your right to say it.

Nobody owns this site, but as someone who has been up at one in the morning deleting some of the most vile and revolting trash, don't tell me that my job is easy.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 pm

Also it should be noted the AFL aren't really shutting it down, they asked for the copyrighted material to be removed. The guy who owns the site wants to shut the board down because he doesn't want to find himself in future trouble if there is something posted that shouldn't be.

While the AFL is to blame to a degree, it's not fully to blame.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:58 pm

Still reckon HHQ should keep their forum going if possible...
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:05 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Still reckon HHQ should keep their forum going if possible...

Maybe if someone else was to take it over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: