Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Literally

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathalyst wrote:
Astronomically we are in a particularly uninteresting part of the galaxy, thats an objective fact

Thats very interesting cathalyst, and what evidence do you base this pearl of galactic wisdom on.

pace 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:19 pm

No hal
yes the enigislh lnaugage is vrey hrad for me to wrok out smoitems
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:39 pm

nuxta wrote:

Thats very interesting cathalyst, and what evidence do you base this pearl of galactic wisdom on.

Well if you had bothered reading the post you'd have seen it is not my pearl but the general consensus of astronomers
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:06 pm

Cathalyst wrote:
nuxta wrote:

Well if you had bothered reading the post you'd have seen it is not my pearl but the general consensus of astronomers

Since you failed to supply any credible evidence to support your first claim I simply disreguarded it. So how many astronomers did you survey to come to this conclussion?

Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:18 pm

nuxta wrote:

Since you failed to supply any credible evidence to support your first claim I simply disreguarded it. So how many astronomers did you survey to come to this conclussion?

Well seeing as you didn't even bother reading the post properly before you started frothing at the mouth you really didn't "earn" any evidence, but just to prove there is such a thing as a free lunch here are a few scraps for you from my table.

We are on the outer arm of the galaxy nowhere near all the action in the centre. We have an unremarkable sun in size and intensity. We are only a single star system and most of the really interesting places are multiple/binary star systems... in short we are in butt $%#* county astronomically speaking
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:11 pm

Anyone can make a statement but really you offensive little thing you still have not supplied any evidence..........surprise, surprise.
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:25 pm

nuxta wrote:
Anyone can make a statement but really you offensive little thing you still have not supplied any evidence..........surprise, surprise.

I dont have to give you any evidence, as previously stated (if you'd bothered to read before opening yer yap) thats what astronomers say, if you dont like it then spend the 6 years of university study it will take to go and argue the point with them, best of luck Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:46 pm

Seriously Cathalyst, what's the point... if our "unremarkable" sun was any bigger Earth would probably be toast by now. And who said there's anything wrong with being on the outer arm. I kinda like it Cool
I reckon the way things have worked out are just about perfect. I mean maybe there's some planet where you are in a constant state of orgasm and no-one ever dies. But we've done pretty well with good old Earth.
You know the weird thing is, I get the feeling that you enjoy alleging the human race's inferiority. I cannot imagine why Laughing

Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:12 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
Seriously Cathalyst, what's the point... if our "unremarkable" sun was any bigger Earth would probably be toast by now. And who said there's anything wrong with being on the outer arm. I kinda like it Cool
I reckon the way things have worked out are just about perfect. I mean maybe there's some planet where you are in a constant state of orgasm and no-one ever dies. But we've done pretty well with good old Earth.
You know the weird thing is, I get the feeling that you enjoy alleging the human race's inferiority. I cannot imagine why Laughing

Like I said, go argue with the astrophysicists that will tell you just how unremarkable our little neck of the woods is, I'm not making this stuff up, it's their call, and they earnt the right through decades of study and work to make that call, just because you and Nuxta want to feel all warm and gooey and special about our place in the universe wont change the fact that we live in the astro boondocks, jeez you'd think I was challenging your religion or something

And once again your presumption is flawed, I never said anything about human inferiority, we are talking about about our physical position in space
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:36 pm

I believe that your desire to see our position in the universe as inferior stems from a belief in the inferiority of mankind.
It's just I've heard this before, and I don't know what to make of it, and why people get so worried about it. Who cares? Would we be better off if we lived in the centre of the universe in a 5 star solar sytem with air con and massages?
Anyway this discussion just goes to show how you can take the most ridiculous issue and argue about it. Sorta sums up the whole thread... oops I started it Embarassed

Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 am

David from Canberra wrote:
I believe that your desire to see our position in the universe as inferior stems from a belief in the inferiority of mankind.

That tells us more about your beliefs than mine... and a spookier little window into the psyche I couldn't imagine, in psychological terms it is pure projection
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:30 am

frankiboy wrote:
Yes, very annoying DFC. Twisted Evil I also find these 'americanisms' creeping into our language very annoying such as stop it 'already' or the word 'period' being used to describe an ending or full stop.

A little off topic here but annoying nonetheless and the one that bugs me most with the Yanks (fortunately not used here) is the use of 'I am too' or 'you are too' instead of 'I am so' or 'you are so' Twisted Evil

Speaking of Americanisms, I'm getting sick of "Ass" replacing "arse"!!!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:42 am

Cathalyst, you are starting to sound very much like the good old wasteofspace who used to infest this board. The point I am trying to make, which by the way seems to have completely passed you by, is its all well and fine to claim stuff or make a statement but you have failed to provide one skerick of evidence. Good to have you back anyway ace, but wheres your silly avatar with the propellor hat?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:14 am

i think this has literally become a load of crap
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:18 am

You believe that? What does "this" refer to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: