Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Ignore Button Song by some knave.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice song, Cam. Smile

As for the thread...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:16 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
Proto I don't have any on ignore, I just scroll past the troll and others and read who I want, tho I've had to do a lot of scrolling lately.
some people have no other life but to be on here an bleet on like an expert on every single issue and have an opinion on everything, pretty sad for them realy, every forum has them, they think they are unique but they're not.

Steve.

I have to say, I don't bothering reading most threads on here anymore. This site is full of some absolute crap atm, and I find myself reading the BB less, and less often.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Why do you think that is Joel, though? There's nothing new about trolls. And we haven't lost that many regular posters. Even the moderators haven't really changed over the past few years, although whether they have changed their methods is disputable.
The question is then, if there is a problem with this site, how can it be made better? Perhaps there should be a whole thread devoted to that subject, probably in General Feedback. And it's gotta be more than just "ban so-and-so", because then you're saying that the problem is not with the site, but a specific poster and the actions taken towards that poster.

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Todays open society where discussion is easy and people can say whatever they like is very discouraging.

I wish we were more like Eastern Europe in the "Cold War" era.

Cabbage anyone?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:47 pm

How do you usually introduce yourself?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:11 pm

whats the point of writing fun stuff if its going to be shunted off into a little black corner that bugger all people visit. jeez. using the measuring stick that has been used lately basically every fun thing i have ever put on here would be shifted to the dead end tavern, maybe i need another forum to post on.

i think the whole moderation thing needs a look at, because you people obviously follow rules. i'm not having a go at any individuals, the rules need to be changed because the joint is going downhill. the dalai lama virus is infecting everything.

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Agreed Cam.

People actually find this stuff interesting. Part of being a community is, having open and honest debate.

If George Bush can come to the Australian Parliament and be shouted down while he is speaking and with a nod and a wink say..."I love a democracy.", we should be allowed to follow the same set of ideals.

The Mods "set of rules" are simply UnAustralian.
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:37 pm

If you want to post regarding an ex-poster of this site, do it somewhere they can reply to you, not here. We don't like people commenting about other boards here either.

LD for bbmods
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:46 pm

Cam wrote:
whats the point of writing fun stuff if its going to be shunted off into a little black corner that bugger all people visit. jeez. using the measuring stick that has been used lately basically every fun thing i have ever put on here would be shifted to the dead end tavern, maybe i need another forum to post on.

i think the whole moderation thing needs a look at, because you people obviously follow rules. i'm not having a go at any individuals, the rules need to be changed because the joint is going downhill. the dalai lama virus is infecting everything.

Quote:
General Discussion:Use this forum for footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Now, exactly how much of this thread is to to with football? Zero? It's sat in GD for a day or two, it's run it's race. I figure when a thread degenerates into a one way conversation with H A L, stick a fork in it, it's done. Like, if we strictly interpreted 'rules', it wouldn't have lasted there (GD) a second. How many times does it have to be said....It's a bloody internet board at the end of the day!
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:21 pm

Cathalyst wrote:
If you want to post regarding an ex-poster of this site, do it somewhere they can reply to you, not here. We don't like people commenting about other boards here either.

LD for bbmods

Jeez find somewhere he hasn't been banned? what am I? a magician?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm

I know, so why shift it? If no-one is interested in it it will slide down the page and be gone within 24 hours just like all the other crap that people aren't interested in. You are making work for yourself.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Cam wrote:

Actually Cam, VPT is the place i go to the most on this site. There's a lot of intelligent debates that happen here, which unfortunately is then ruined when the idiots come along and hijack the threads and make them all about themselves, but it's still the place on Nick's that I visit the most.

I concur with you about the virus though, but it's infiltrated almost every Collingwood BB around. It really needs to stop being a parasitic virus and get it's own life force.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Cam wrote:
I know, so why shift it? If no-one is interested in it it will slide down the page and be gone within 24 hours just like all the other crap that people aren't interested in. You are making work for yourself.
I am not making this up.
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:28 pm

A tavern is generally considered a dark place hidden away for immoral practices such as drinking and carousing with buxom wenches

Last edited by Cathalyst on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:29 pm

Cam wrote:

It was moved primarily because it's nothing to do with football. Whether it slides up or down the page doesn't really matter, though if it's staying up there, and it really belongs somewhere else, it'll go. Anyone interested can find the link to where it's moved....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: