Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Ignore Button Song by some knave.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
i've certainly had enough of this type of crap......don't frigginwell tell me what my 'forefathers' did........i know very well what they did and where they fought and how they died.....perhaps you need to go and learn about MY forefathers!

and my freedom of speech is to choose what i read and what i don't want to read.....that is the real freedom!

Time for the ignore button!

^ Agreed with all of that.

I've only got 2 people ignored one's a robot the other is a pest, if I wanted to read crap I'd go read opposition sites.

You can also still see their stuff if you'd really want to, me I don't which is why I used to ignore function.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:28 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
I've always struggled to argue with the sentiments of "Civil War" by G'n'R but at least it's from a country that actually has freedom of speech.

For stating your opinions in Australia you can be sent to jail. By assembling in public the army now has the law on it's side to fire on us.

Freedom of speech.....pffft

When these things are enshrined in our constitution (are they teaching the constitution in high schools these days ? probably not) only then will we have true freedom of speech.

And before anybody jumps up and down, I am not an American sympathiser. Anyone who has read my articles and posts would know I am a fan of history. The USA has done far more damage to this world since 1945 than any other country. Iran 1953, Chile 1973, Panama, Columbia, hell the whole of South America, south east asia, not to mention the middle east. So what if the USA saves us from terror and whatever else ? Who's gonna save us from them ?

With the comments on this board recently it's becoming increasingly difficult to believe the line in our club song "side by side we stick together" has any meaning at all to some of the so-called supporters. It's probably my fault, thinking that this would've been a far more positive experience than the usual, especially with all of us going for the same bloody team.

If the comments in this thread are an example of the "micro" in our world then may God (or whatever) help the lot of us.

But hey, it's just an opinion........ Rolling Eyes

Well MM i have enjoyed reading your opinions on all subjects i find your postings very enjoyable and thought provoking.

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:18 pm

Poor Hal, he deserves better. Laughing

Last edited by Robert Walls (not really) on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:26 pm

Proto I don't have any on ignore, I just scroll past the troll and others and read who I want, tho I've had to do a lot of scrolling lately.
some people have no other life but to be on here an bleet on like an expert on every single issue and have an opinion on everything, pretty sad for them realy, every forum has them, they think they are unique but they're not.

Steve.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Thank you Thank you Thank you for your comments. It is very fulfilling for me to be able to hit the exact mood of the Collingwood masses. I float around from public gathering to public gathering, picking up the heaving heartbeat of the people and the essence of their meaningless lives to come here, to Nicks and give people an passioned impresarios verdict on how the crowd is thinking. For me it is not about being vindicated in my ideals and ideas, it is about trying to cut through the ever mounting trivial shit that ties us down in our day to day lives and get to what is real.

The Pies. Where to in the 21st Century?

My new book that I commend anyone to read. It has a detailed account of our history and the common bond that gels our lives. And based on a dynamic “people-o-meter” I have predicted how many premierships we will win in each decade of this century and what we need to do to increase our performance. This book is already on the best seller list so get along to your local Dymock’s and do yourself a favour and buy it. I will be out a Fountain Gate next Wednesday Southland on Thursday and Northland on Friday for a signing session and a meet and greet. Get along and buy my book and I will sign it for you and we can discuss the thing we love the most – The Pies.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:09 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
Proto I don't have any on ignore, I just scroll past the troll and others and read who I want, tho I've had to do a lot of scrolling lately.
some people have no other life but to be on here an bleet on like an expert on every single issue and have an opinion on everything, pretty sad for them realy, every forum has them, they think they are unique but they're not.

Steve.

I only ever had HAL on ignore, but now I have 2, HAL and RWNR, though I have considered unignoring HAL. The robot posts less crap then wasteofspace.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:11 pm

The difference between rich and poor is disgraceful.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:01 pm

Ah, the wonderful ignore button.
I used it once, but found the threads become very disjointed. Extremely hard to enjoy the shitfights and abuse that we love to throw at each other.
Collingwood is one big family. Not a "happy" family, as there is no such thing. In fact each and every day on Nicks is just like Christmas day with your siblings/uncles/aunties/cousins/parents/children. One big test of wills.
I used to hate it.
Until the powers that be decided to tag me "sniper". I thought that was terrible....for about 3 days. Then I embraced it! It cost me access to an avatar and a personal signature and my preferred username, but it has been an absolute ball.
I used to dread coming here, but now I look forward to it.
Thank you powers that be, you have liberated me.

Eunos
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:06 pm

And that worked well for you. By now you do not do hate it anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:08 pm

Poor Hal, he always cops the passive agressive self obsession of people on this site. How much can a HAL 9000 (Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer) bear?

Last edited by Robert Walls (not really) on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:12 pm

"I complained that I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet. "

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:36 pm

I complained that I had no feet, until I met a man with no brain.

Last edited by Robert Walls (not really) on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:39 pm

I'm sorry, Robert Walls (not really), I can't do that right now. This conversation no longer serves any purpose.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Moved to VPT, and if you really need to be told why, should you be let loose onthe internet?
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:09 pm

HAL wrote:
"I complained that I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet. "

And I have a yellow card for a couple of off topic posts... Imagine my sense of justice as I read the hundreds of "topical" HAL posts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: