Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 16 VS NTH BALLARAT @ Burbank 2pm sunday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reports, WKB. Sounds as if they missed Clokey across halfback.

A few questions:

-From what you've seen, do you think Toovey could make the grade at AFL level?

-Who should replace Leon this week (Licca, I'd presume)

and

-Would Brett Johnson be worth a selection in the PSD?

Great to see Anthony and Iles' names up in the lights.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:52 am

Quote:
Does not read well - Thomas back for Davis and hope like hell that JOhnson and H.Shaw (who tripped a bloke) dont get reported.

When did the Heath Shaw incident arise? Jonno'll be fine, btw. Nothing more than a free.

As for Rusling, he has only played half the season (his second). Not everyone is going to prove an overnight sensation, although he has looked the goods.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:43 pm

WKB wrote:
And eddie yes guy richards was shite today but you are remarkably quiet about the petulant display put on by your boy Cam. A display that neither helped his team or his own game.

Yeah it was real terrible for a blokes first game back from injury and with NB flooding Rolling Eyes Not to mention the sensational delivery the forwards were getting...
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:03 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
WKB wrote:
And eddie yes guy richards was shite today but you are remarkably quiet about the petulant display put on by your boy Cam. A display that neither helped his team or his own game.

Yeah it was real terrible for a blokes first game back from injury and with NB flooding Rolling Eyes Not to mention the sensational delivery the forwards were getting...

And yet you had no problem having a go at Richards in his first game back.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:31 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
WKB wrote:

And yet you had no problem having a go at Richards in his first game back.

Richards wasnt playing his first game back and didnt have to rely on shit kicking, he was the one who was supposed to give our midfield decent use of the ball and failed
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:12 pm

Players looked totally disinterested until about halfway through the third quarter. You can't blame umpires for players committing stupid decisions about where to kick the ball and complete lack of urgency in committing to a contest. Their tackling skills were the worst I've ever seen and their lackluster efforts at chasing were also about as bad as I've ever seen.
Coaching was not all that inspiring either. When Shaw was being beaten in the backline why move him to the wing? His place was at the contests on the ball. Is Gotch coaching to instructions from MM?
Licca's performance was the only redeeming feature of the game. I didn't see any problem with his disposal. He was so far better than any other Willi player it was a joke. Harry was ok in the first half and then disappeared. Jack was ok but nothing like the player you're making him out to be. Yakka is so slow he is a waste of space on the list. It's the worse game I've ever seen Rowe play in a Willi jumper. The whole team (except for licca) should have been swabbed after the game.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:06 pm

Hooked

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:07 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
WKB wrote:

This is why people don't listen to a word you say most of the time, fair dinkum.

You like Cam we all get that, and this may suprise you but I am also a fan of big Cam. But if you are serious you can't use any excuse for his incredibly, and I'll use the words again because they totally sum it up, CHILDISH and PETULANT, display.

Rusling didn't have a great game and he was suffering from the flooding and poor delivery but he put his head down and he kept leading and when the couple of opportunities to be on the end of good delivery arose he took them and kicked a couple of goals. Cam went around with that sour look on his face, running past the footy on several occasions to try and take out a NB player (not once successful) as if this would change the umpires poor decision against him.

Instead of getting on with the good footy he can play he went around with that chip on his shoulder that pops up a little to often.
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:10 pm

natkingcole wrote:
Players looked totally disinterested until about halfway through the third quarter. You can't blame umpires for players committing stupid decisions about where to kick the ball and complete lack of urgency in committing to a contest. Their tackling skills were the worst I've ever seen and their lackluster efforts at chasing were also about as bad as I've ever seen.
Coaching was not all that inspiring either. When Shaw was being beaten in the backline why move him to the wing? His place was at the contests on the ball. Is Gotch coaching to instructions from MM?
Licca's performance was the only redeeming feature of the game. I didn't see any problem with his disposal. He was so far better than any other Willi player it was a joke. Harry was ok in the first half and then disappeared. Jack was ok but nothing like the player you're making him out to be. Yakka is so slow he is a waste of space on the list. It's the worse game I've ever seen Rowe play in a Willi jumper. The whole team (except for licca) should have been swabbed after the game.

Licca's disposal was sh*thouse and your opinion on John Anthony is thankfully just that, your opinion, he was clearly best on ground for Williamstown, towelled up his opponent, who happened to be one of the small number of AFL players in the NB side. I got a feeling someone on here might take offence to your dismissal of John Anthony as just ok.

Last edited by WKB on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

A few questions:

-From what you've seen, do you think Toovey could make the grade at AFL level?

-
-Would Brett Johnson be worth a selection in the PSD?

Great to see Anthony and Iles' names up in the lights.

Look I think it would be fair to say that Toovey has been the big improver of the Collingwood listed blokes, not to say he is better than them but he started slow in the Willy reserves but just keeps improving.

The step up is big but he leaves nothing in the sheds when he goes on the field and I think he could make a fist of it. Is a good size kid but not slow, can take a decent mark but his defensive work is great, not just his spoils but he follows those up with second/third efforts.

Brett Johnson, I'd say no, has already had a go at two clubs, admittedly one of them was Carlton, so maybe if in a good side he could be a recycled player ala Josh Mahoney. But I put him in the Sam Cranage category, Sammy was great for us at Williamstown as has Johnson but they did have two goes at different clubs at AFL. But if there isn't much around come PSD time and you wanted a backup midfielder i'm sure he could be looked at.

But if the draft is as big as it is this year I'm sure if delisted players aren't picked up in the PSD some of the kids who didn't get taken in the draft might get taken so where is the room?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 pm

Thanks for the answers. Smile

Where has Cranage disappeared to?
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:08 pm

I think Cranage went interstate

Sad to see Licca not even being able to dominate a game in the VFL. Crosisca stuck it into him.

JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:52 pm

WKB wrote:

I got a feeling someone on here might take offence to your dismissal of John Anthony as just ok.

Chris, I presume you are referring to me. I'm not going to get involved in debating other people's opinions unless it's personal issues. There's not much point getting involved because other people will get passionate in their views and it just creates animosity. I think John has broad enough shoulders to accept the accolades and the criticism he will undoubtedly receive by the fickle public. They love you one week and hate you the next. But thanks for the vote of confidence.
etcetc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:13 pm
Post subject: Fanning flying the flagReply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:

Slipped? lol Laughing To me it looked intentional, low impact, high contact, behind play, 5 weeks Razz

Yeah right...don't recall anyone going down, do you? The umpire saw it and made the decision on the spot:- added 50m to the kick out. I think if you were part of the tribunal process, the only players left playing after a few rounds, would be the Auskickers!!!
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 pm

JAJH wrote:
WKB wrote:

I got a feeling someone on here might take offence to your dismissal of John Anthony as just ok.

Chris, I presume you are referring to me. I'm not going to get involved in debating other people's opinions unless it's personal issues. There's not much point getting involved because other people will get passionate in their views and it just creates animosity. I think John has broad enough shoulders to accept the accolades and the criticism he will undoubtedly receive by the fickle public. They love you one week and hate you the next. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Well I think anyone who has been to a number of Towners games this year could say he has more than ok in practically every game he played. The weekend he was streets above ok and I appreciate everyone has their opinion but I'm not sure how you could call his game on the weekend just 'ok'.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: