Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 16 VS NTH BALLARAT @ Burbank 2pm sunday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not read well - Thomas back for Davis and hope like hell that JOhnson and H.Shaw (who tripped a bloke) dont get reported.

Have a feeling a Rhyce may have to come back to give us the run we will need for the Crows.

Was thinking Lonie would be dropped but suspect they will need him for Burton.

How did Iles and Morrison go?

Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:31 pm

I didn't mind Ruslings game , had a yard on his opponent but they kick it to him awfully. Kicking might need a little work.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Rusling was $£$%^%%$ pathetic, was about to give him a spray when he kicked 2 goals but had a great bit of banter with a little kid who thought Rusling was good, I enjoyed that

As for the umpires, **** if that cop didnt get in my way I would have belted the pricks after the game, so $£$%^%%$ angry. Its funny though I had a chance to go to VFL umpire training last week, only reason I said no was I dont know what sort of reception I would get if any of them recognised me from giving them regular sprays this year Razz

I have noticed 1 common factor with our shit games, more Pies players, we play better with a 12-10 split, I am sure it was more than that today

As WKB said, not much to say about the Pies players, except there was someone out there in Guy Richards jumper, its still unconfirmed however if it was Guy or a giant witches hat, but some people have suggested a witches hat would have provided a better contest so we have concluded Guy Richards was playing
Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:52 pm

But what is Rusling meant to do when they kick it over his head all the time?
Got crunched twice aswell in marking contests , I really had no problem with his game , especially when compared to most of the rest of the team.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:01 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
But what is Rusling meant to do when they kick it over his head all the time?
Got crunched twice aswell in marking contests , I really had no problem with his game , especially when compared to most of the rest of the team.

He was stupid, Cam was lining up from 55m, they were flooding back, Cam is always an outside chance of kicking it from there, but instead of Rusling or Fanning or Guy getting back to the goal square they all stood 20m or further out and watched the ball get marked on the goal line by a Rooster with 3 team mates surrounding him and not 1 Willy player, it was things like that which pissed me off and Rusling should have been back there

His kicking was pretty poor as well when he got the ball and his 3 goals were Tarrant specials from within 15m Razz
Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:07 pm

I remember the incident you were referring to and yes it wasn't smart , but Williamstown generally make stupid decisions.
Playing Richards and Fanning forward was always going to be a disaster , as they have little apart from hit-outs , atleast the boy gives the team a target .
The umpiring was also a disgrace but I kept myself in check due to Willi's mostly pathetic performance and being in the company of others who were less interested.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:25 pm

The one that absolutely made me filthy, was already down the Willy end ready to give them a spray anyway was the Rhyce Shaw goal that was disallowed for running to far, no chance in hell he ran further than 15m after taking a bounce

Also the funniest moment was Magpie Dan having a hissy fit at 3 qtr time, was $£$%^%%$ hilarious Laughing
etcetc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:45 pm
Post subject: Out Willied!!!!Reply with quote

Give credit where its due... Nth Ballarat played as if it was their home ground.. The Towner's attacked in the 1st and 2nd quarters against the
strong cross wind [resulting in the the Seagull's scoring numerous points, many of which should have been goals].... Nth Ballarat used the wind well:- attacking "from the top". . After 1/2 time [Seagulls were something like 2 goals 10] it was catch up footy. Standing out on the ground at 1/4 time, Gotchie told them the way to way:- the players didn't [or couldn't]. At 3/4 time, when I saw it took a couple of attempts for Gotchie to get the team to believe they could still win it, I felt it was all over.
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:11 pm

This WEEKS pics HERE

[/url]
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:12 pm

Cheers John, sensational as always, was good to finally have a dry day again Razz

BTW did anyone else see Fannings sensational elbow to the head? Dont even think he was reported, was nearly right in front of me, I was behind the other point post, was waiting for Fanning to smack one of those pricks, shame he didnt go the umpire instead Laughing
etcetc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Cheers John, sensational as always, was good to finally have a dry day again Razz

BTW did anyone else see Fannings sensational elbow to the head? Dont even think he was reported, was nearly right in front of me, I was behind the other point post, was waiting for Fanning to smack one of those pricks, shame he didnt go the umpire instead Laughing

Yep, sure did. There was some jumper punching with Spider [?, who was the agressor] and his elbow slipped up. Gave away a penalty. Didn't think there was anything in it. No blood/black eye etc that I could see from the stand.
etcetc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

Yep, sure did. There was some jumper punching with Spider [?, who was the agressor] and his elbow slipped up. Gave away a penalty. Didn't think there was anything in it. No blood/black eye etc that I could see from the stand.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:10 pm

etcetc wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Slipped? lol Laughing To me it looked intentional, low impact, high contact, behind play, 5 weeks Razz
Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:23 pm

Worst performance we have put in a while. No inspiration from players today at all in perfect conditions.
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:21 am

eddiesmith wrote:
The one that absolutely made me filthy, was already down the Willy end ready to give them a spray anyway was the Rhyce Shaw goal that was disallowed for running to far, no chance in hell he ran further than 15m after taking a bounce

If you are talking about in the last quarter it wasn't for running to far. The free kick was paid for the shepard that Lawry provided to allow Shawy to run on. The umpire deemed it either to far off the play (which it wasn't) or to high (which it wasn't).

That is what the free kick was paid for in that instant. Not sure if it was that p*ss poor decision or the 22m penalty given to John Anthony in the 3rd quarter (couldn't have been more than that) that summed up the quality of umpiring in the VFL.

And eddie yes guy richards was shite today but you are remarkably quiet about the petulant display put on by your boy Cam. A display that neither helped his team or his own game.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: