Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

News so far

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 11:45 am
Post subject: News so farReply with quote

We have picked up McKee, Ukovic, Kinnear and Ryche Shaw.

We have traded King and Schauble.

We have picked up a first round draft pick #7 and a third round pick.

We have traded a first round pick #3 and a third and forth round pick.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 11:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know anything about mckee and kinnear? it's weird that schaubs has gone, and i thought kingy was a decent ballgetter but hey oh well. ukovic is a very good pick up though.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:03 pm

at the equivalent of 3rd pick in the draft, McKee would have to be an out and out champion wouldn't he ???

i can't believe this report is true

pass the panadol pls,,

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:04 pm

i don't know whether to thank you or not for that info Paul. I almost collapsed when i read we traded the 3rd pick in the draft.

I knew they were considering it but surely it had to be for a good experienced player. Not for kids like Ukovic and Kinnear.

does anyone know anymore about the deals?

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:21 pm

just found out some more info

We traded Clinton King and pick 3 to Richmond for Steve McKee and pick 7

In a 3 way deal we gave our 3rd and 4th round picks to Hawthorn, who gave Jonathon Robran to Essendon and we got Andrew Ukovic.

And i guess Mark Kinnear was a clean swap for Andrew Schauble.

I dont know about that 3rd round pick Paul said we got. Those last 2 deals are ok but Richmond really played us for fools.

Its considered extremely valuable to have one of the 1st few picks, because thats where the obvious talents like Matthew Pavlich are picked up.

Anyhoo we should still be able to get a good player at 7.

Brad 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:26 pm

Steve McKee is a shit ruckmen origanally from myrtlefod, was drafted to richmond and now to Collingwood, Collingwood will regret this.

Ukovic is a bloody good pick up even if it was for the number three draft pick, he is a quality midfielder and he will back up Buckley and company.

Does anyone know what is going on with Justin Blumfield? I have been to the official afl site but i cant find anything about it.

Its great that we let go King and Shauble though, King gets the ball but just is not big enough.
Finally Collingwood is getting rid of the middle of the road players and are starting to try and get some quality..

Does anyone know anything about Mick Martyn coming to the pies??

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:35 pm

has anyone got any post 1999 scouting reports on Ukovic, McKee and Kinnear. The AFL's page is all pre-1999, I was wondering how all three shaped up this year.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:37 pm

also what happened to the Callaghan, or Misiti rumours, nothing eventuate there?
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 12:57 pm

i truly hope we didn't trade pick no.3 as part of the mckee swap. i'm like just shaking at thought that we did. not only that i'm about to have nervous breakdown that schaubs has left; i really liked him bloody hell!! how about those pies supporters i always see with no.12 on their backs? boooo!!!!! by the way is everyone sure that we got ukovic? i just saw the news and they didn't mention it. and we didn't get blumfield or callahan. so could anyone list the draft picks we have? by the way, what was the point in trading schaubs in a direct swap? especially for a guy who hasn't even played a game (i think). is m. kinnear related to b. kinnear? give me info!! i need info! i'm shaking goddamit! i can't handle players just disappearing like this. when do they release the delistings?
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 1:23 pm

foxy old son we're all shook up,,,,

forget the panadol, pass the anaesthetic!!

after all the good work EMac has put in this just sounds so bloody wrong,,,,not one posting on nick or hotties boards is comfortable about losing pick #3 for McKee,,,

there has to be more to this than meets the eye.

paul 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 1:32 pm

Hey Mr. Plow
Don't shoot me, I'm only the Piano player. I don't do the deals, I just pass on the info.

I thought I heard that we got a third round draft pick from Sydney as part of the Schauble trade. I've been wrong before.

Foxy,
The details of the Ukovic trade are on the Essendon site under "news".

Brad
Blumfield re-signed for 3 years with Essendon.

Newelly,
Misiti is still uncontracted but negotiations with Essendon continue. My grapevine does not extend to Freo and there was nothing on their Web page last time I looked.

The Richmond, Essendon and Sydney sites (via Nicks Links page)will no doubt having glowing details of the potential of our aquisitions.
paul 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 2:05 pm

just to confirm the draft pick situation.

We traded away Numbers 3, 33 and 49 and used our second round pick on Shaw.

We picked up 7 and 34 (third round as part of Schauble deal).

We will have #1, #7, then fifth round(around 75 to 80) etc.

WE have 4 new players but have so far only reduced our list by 3.(king, Schauble & Walker).
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 3:02 pm

having had a bit of time to reflect on the whole pick no.3 trading farce, i'm trying to make some sense of it, and i think i have (it's bloody hard though). we must remember that we did the same last year, and no.3 did nothing for sydney this year (ryan fitzgerald), and although we were likely to pick up pavlich, he seemed a tad inconsistent and flashy all the same. having pick 7 lets the other clubs get their favourites and then lets us take a look at the bigger picture - i'm guessing we might pick up ezra poyas earlier than expected, or maybe on those classy defenders from the prahran dragons.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 3:48 pm

foxy don't try make sence of it, the deal was madness. If anything WE deserved more out of the King>McKee trade.

It seems its become an annual event for Richmond to give us a bum deal.

Fremantle are desperate for a centre half forward, but now they have Brendan Fewster, they may not draft Pavlich

Missing out on him may be one of our biggest mistakes yet. We shouldn't get Ezra Poyas, we need a big man, Leigh Brown from Gippsland looked very promising.

And foxy don't write off Ryan Fitzgerald, if he can stay on the track he'll go ok.

ZED 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 4:08 pm

At first I was mad to see Draft pick 3 disappear but lets look at it.
We need a ruckman of some quality. Mckee did hold ruck duties at Richmond but was one of three Ruckmen on the ground (Ottens & Gale).
Monky,McKee & Fraser the first time in a long time Collingwood had three ruckman on the list. It could be possible that Collingwood do think they can still get the man they want at No 7. The pressure will be off Monky and Fraser. We will not burn out Fraser with Mckee built and AFL proven.MM has a good eye when it comes to talls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: