Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

London Calling - congratulations Joffa.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:31 am
Post subject: London Calling - congratulations Joffa.Reply with quote

Hi Nicksters, I've been overseas for 4 weeks, and for a while I thought I might not bother coming back for September when we lost those 3 games on the trot. I couldn't believe it - losing to the Tigers and Dockers, bloody hell! I never got to see the games but they must have been horrible.

Today, however, I was able to watch the Eagles game - through broadband, on 24 hour delay - on my mate's computer. Yeehah, we're back I reckon. Let me just say well done to Joffa. When the telecast focused on you madly waving your gold jacket in the air, even the bunch of poms I was with went mad with excitement. Fantastic mate, keep on keeping on. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on to Nick's again, but I'll definitely be back in Melbourne in plenty of time to see our assault on the Premiership. Go Pies.
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that mate.The Magpie Army is truly International hopfully you have help make a Few Poms into Magpie Fanatics with a little help from Collingwood and Joff!!!!
Zeke Scorpio

Growl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:16 pm

First win in a month and our boys played their guts out to beat a premiership favourite and you want to congratulate Joffa for putting a jacket on?

Lemming.

Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:57 pm

Zeke wrote:
First win in a month and our boys played their guts out to beat a premiership favourite and you want to congratulate Joffa for putting a jacket on?

Lemming.

Predictably, the green-eyed monster makes another appearance.

Get over it Zeke.
The crowd loved it. The TV station loved it. The AFL love it.

Thank god you don't live in Victoria and see Joff on a regular basis in the RACV advertisement.

Eunos
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:47 pm

Zeke wrote:

Lemming.

There are like 100's of topics created on Nicks each day which having nothing to do with the Pies winning or losing yet you choose to criticise a guy who talks about Joffa.

WCE have been finished for about a month now.

jlc

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:52 pm

That is a very original thought. Tell me a story. A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly.
nitric 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:59 pm

Great post rudeboy.

Here in the Nation's Capital, I can tell you for certain sure that the sight of the Gold Jacket was simply stirring and magnificent.

After the drought, let it rain Gold Jackets.

Can you imagine seeing it in September?

How good would that be?

Carn the Pies.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm

forget about the gold jacket....joffa has been amazing throughout the formslump. I remember looking at footage of him after our losses to freo and richmond and melbourne, and the emotion and sadness on his face spoke a thousand words....yet that night he would come on nicks and say how everything is ok and we'll be back and pump things up again. His faith has paid off and we had a good win against the eagles. The jacket was a sight to be savoured.

Congratulations to joffa for not only waving the jacket....but showing all of us what it means to be a collingwood supporter...having faith when things are down etc.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Loved the Jacket waving in the final term, Joffa, looked great. Smile And the Winners Circle was as good as ever.

We're out of the slump! Very Happy
Zeke Scorpio

Growl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:08 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
forget about the gold jacket....joffa has been amazing throughout the formslump.

Especially when he did a runner before the game had finished. That was amazing. Can dish it out, but can't take it on the chin on the way back.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Zeke wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:
forget about the gold jacket....joffa has been amazing throughout the formslump.

Especially when he did a runner before the game had finished. That was amazing. Can dish it out, but can't take it on the chin on the way back.

I can assure you that Joffa has endured tougher losses and worse seasons and stayed until the end. A game at Shell Stadium against Geelong where we blew around a 5 goal lead and were copping it from everyone when we lost. The 100 point thrashing against Carlton at Optus Oval was also pretty tough to take.

I can also assure you that he has copped more than his fair share from opposition supporters when we have won as well.

So go back to playing with your crayons.

jlc

Zeke Scorpio

Growl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 pm

Wowzers.

I don't start the threads, I just offer my opinion.

...then the personal abuse starts to fly.

Insecure much?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:36 pm

Well you know when you live in a glass house and all - the topic actually started off as a positive feel good topic until it was ruined.

Sometimes if you dont have anything nice to say then its better to say nothing at all.

jlc

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:36 pm

Here's a real good bit of advice to all...if you want to go over the same old bullshit that's been done on any thread remotely related to gold Jacket - joffa et al, go for it, though you may find it will terminate your stay here.

It's pretty clear what peoples opinions are on this matter, anyone interested can do a search.

If you have thoughts on this particular piece of advice, submit it by emailing the mods. If you don't like it, piss off somewhere else. It's been done to death here.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:44 pm
Post subject: Re: London Calling - congratulations Joffa.Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Hi Nicksters, I've been overseas for 4 weeks, and for a while I thought I might not bother coming back for September when we lost those 3 games on the trot. I couldn't believe it - losing to the Tigers and Dockers, bloody hell! I never got to see the games but they must have been horrible.

Today, however, I was able to watch the Eagles game - through broadband, on 24 hour delay - on my mate's computer. Yeehah, we're back I reckon. Let me just say well done to Joffa. When the telecast focused on you madly waving your gold jacket in the air, even the bunch of poms I was with went mad with excitement. Fantastic mate, keep on keeping on. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on to Nick's again, but I'll definitely be back in Melbourne in plenty of time to see our assault on the Premiership. Go Pies.

Good onya Rudeboy
We've missed ya around here mate so hurry and get back!!

We had some poms at the game mate barracking for the pies who found the whole Gold Jacket thing pretty exciting, they were West Ham supporters and in one of the photographs with them after the game we had to do a West Ham pose...holding arms up crossed...not sure what it actually meant ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: