Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 15 v Bendigo Bombers @ Windy Hill

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tazzies_girl Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendigo Bombers 2.7 6.11 7.17 7.18 (60)
Williamstown 2.4 7.7 8.7 9.11 (65)
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:05 pm

anyone see the game care to write us a report of how the Collingwood listed players went? Also let us knowwho lined up? Cheers in advance!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:09 pm

Another game, another BOG for Jason...

Typical that they let Cole in the Best for Bendigo Rolling Eyes

Detailed Results for Round 15
2:00 PM Sun 23/Jul

Bendigo Bombers 7.18-60
vs
Williamstown 9.11-65

Bendigo Bombers
Goal Kickers: J. Blumfield 2, G. Bowles 2, T. Cartledge, J. Maddern, M. Firman
Best Players: B. Jolley, J. Doering, R. Cole, C. Dempsey, S. Rosa, K. Pendlebury

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: A. Williams 2, H. Lawry 2, P. Rose 2, B. Johnson, J. Rowe, S. Rusling
Best Players: J. Cloke, B. Johnson, J. Rowe, L. Davis, P. Rose, S. Greene

Enter Results Online
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Bendigo Bombers 2.7 6.11 7.17 7.18-60
Williamstown 2.4 7.7 8.7 9.11-65

Bendigo Bombers
Click Player Names to view their Personal Statistics Player Name No Gls B
Simon Rosa 1 0 5
Justin Blumfield 5 2 0
Mark Vigus 7 0 0
Justin Maddern 12 1 0
Brady Childs 13 0 0
Aaron Connaughton 14 0 0
Courtenay Dempsey 15 0 4
Kristopher Pendlebury 17 0 6
Luan Marsh 18 0 0
Tristian Cartledge 22 1 0
Sam Richardson 24 0 0
Richard Cole 28 0 3
David Biggs 31 0 0
Ben Jolley 35 0 1
Sam Lonergan 36 0 0
Austin Lucy 37 0 0
Matthew Firman 40 1 0
Josh Bowe 46 0 0
Jordan Doering (VC) 48 0 2
Gavin Bowles 52 2 0
Mark Scerri 55 0 0
Dale Young 57 0 0

Williamstown

Sean Rusling 2 1 0
Steven Greene 3 0 6
Andrew Williams 6 2 0
Dean Galea 7 0 0
Kane Mckenzie 9 0 0
Brett Johnson 10 1 2
Brad Lloyd 18 0 0
Rhyce Shaw 22 0 0
Danny Stanley 28 0 0
Ryan Cook 29 0 0
David Fanning 30 0 0
Jason Cloke 34 0 1
Heath Lawry 35 2 0
Sam Iles 37 0 0
Adam Iacobucci 38 0 0
Alan Toovey 41 0 0
Liam Picken 42 0 0
Daniel Nicholls 44 0 0
Patrick Rose 47 2 5
Julian Rowe 53 1 3
Nicholas Maxwell 54 0 0
Leon Davis 61 0 4
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:17 pm

2nds results

Detailed Results for Round 15
11:10 AM Sun 23/Jul
Bendigo Bombers 8.13-61
vs
Williamstown 26.19-175

Bendigo Bombers
Goal Kickers: S. Geary 2, C. Collins, B. Culpitt, T. Keily, J. Richardson, M. Sawyer, J. Manness
Best Players: S. Geary, D. Frew, T. Biggs, D. Gash, N. Meade, J. Manness

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: C. Proctor 6, B. Hall 4, B. Foley 3, D. Stretton 2, A. Cook 2, M. Darvell 2, M. Pearce, L. Theodore, T. Cook, M. Boyd, T. Langlands, S. Brewer, K. Maghamez
Best Players: S. Brewer, L. Theodore, S. Cox, C. Proctor, T. Langlands, B. Foley

Hall, Cox, Anthony and Richards played ressies
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:21 pm

Jason Cloke was quite convincingly BOG.
Davis was fairly good in patches , Rowe did some outstanding things , but all in all it was a fairly ordinary performance by Williamstown.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:24 pm

Must have been great conditions out there Cakewalk, get any storms, hail, rain?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:31 pm

Rhyce Shaw??/???
Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:32 pm

First quarter sunny , second quarter dark clouds , last half consistent rain.
Didn't get real bad , but the rain was annoying because I chose to stand and watch up close rather than sit in the stand.

Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:36 pm

nuxta wrote:
Rhyce Shaw??/???

He was OK without being great , love his intensity and the way he instructs on the field.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:46 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
First quarter sunny , second quarter dark clouds , last half consistent rain.
Didn't get real bad , but the rain was annoying because I chose to stand and watch up close rather than sit in the stand.

Looking at it early I guess by the time the rain started the stand was full?

Sounds like you got lucky, was alot of action in that storm, must have only got the edge of it, looked like it was headed straight for Windy Hill earlier
axil06 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:26 pm

anyone tell us how mawell played and if he got throught the game ok, and how did rusling play.
Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Maxwell didn't do much , Rusling had 3 shots for goal in the first half and dropped a couple of spectacular efforts. Kicked 1 goal 1 with another landing deep in the square. Rained after half-time and he went off about 10 minutes into the last.
Cole played on him for 2 and a half quarters.
Playing FF for Willi ain't an easy gig.

WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:18 pm

maxwell didn't do much? No that isn't true. He controlled up back early on, ran well and did something that apparently he is no good at and spoiled everything that came down.

Fully fit it was a pretty good game from maxy, take into account he is coming off a broken leg and his first game back it was a promising return.

First of all it was another spectacular display from the VFL umpiring fraternity. Gave us nothing all day and lost count of the amount of free-kicks they gave Bendigo in that last quarter to try and hand them the game.

The day started off quite pleasent, got cloudy, then rained and rained. I in my customary stoic way stayed in the outer on the fence for the 4 quarters (yes you can substitute stoic for stupid).

One thing Williamstown really have to halt is their slow starts to games, even in some of our biggest wins we have been behind at quarter time, shows our fight but come finals time we don't want to be giving up substantial leads early in the game.

Now for the Collingwood players

Maxwell - I've already said enough about him above, first game back and did everything he needed to do to show he hasn't lost his attack on the ball or his fine spoiling skills.

Fanning - Wasn't a great day for big men and maybe let his opponent run off him to much but he worked hard and dropped back late in the game to make some good spoils.

Iles - I thought he did ok today got some nice touches and showed some pretty good evasive skills considering the conditions. Nothing spectacular but got some good touches.

Leon - almost the quintessential Leon game, did some good things, evasive skills, making space, getting clear of his opponents. Then other times he ran into trouble, made poor options etc. Had some dodgy kicks but so did everyone so I'm not judging the level of disposal to harshly today especially after half-time

Rusling - Not a great day for marking forwards, upon saying that he had some really good patches where he lead and marked well. Great chase down in the second quarter to get a holding the ball decision, really showed his pace which was great to see.

Cook - Don't remember much about him today, remember a few touches but nothing memorable although i get him and Stanley mixed up at times I'm sure Cookey was playing up forward which as mentioned wasn't a great place to be for Williamstown today.

Stanley - I thought he was pretty good today, he plays in the same vein as Burnsy so the conditions suited him today. Not sure of his stats but he hit contests and opponents hard and had a few decent touches that I clearly remember

Yakka - I thought he was good all day, would be in my top 3 or 4 players. His attack on the ball and ability to get to contests is great but I think his skills are improved out of sight (and that's not saying they started poorly either) and has one of the best blind turns at the club.

Shaw - It was mentioned in a previous post but Shawy is a complete general on the field, has a booming voice and is encouraging to his teammates. Played a pretty good game, spent time on and off the bench in the second half (as did yakka) so not sure what was going on there but I'm assuming it was just to keep fresh legs in the conditions.

Nicholls - Seemed to spend quite a bit of time on the bench when it seemed to be a game that would suit his tenacious type of footy. When he was on he attacked it the only way he knows how which is head on.

Toovey - If there was a pick for the most improved for the year it would be this kid. For a rookie he is great value and wouldn't be out of place on a senior list to be fair. I mention every week the tank on the boy but he never stops for four quarters. And will dead set back himself in every contest, every time, no embellishing on my part. Does he win every time, no but what player does? But confidence is an intangible that you can't teach. Is a strong mark and spoil and more often than not he is the first to the contest off his own spoil. Kicking today was very good.

Rowe - Took a couple of really good grabs today. Again he really is a geniune winger, maybe its just me but he sticks to a wing between 40 out from both goals very rarely getting closer to the goals than that, and very rarely venturing to far into the centre of the field. Really links up well and creates space to help break the lines.

J.Cloke - Was brilliant today BOG by a street or a highway. Don't remember him ever getting beaten all day. Even if he had of been average for the first 3 quarters he would have got BOG for his last quarter heroics. Constantly turned back the Bendigo onslaught (via umpiring decisions I might add, they never had to earn a kick in that last quarter) and I remember him taking at least 5 marks on the last line, several contested, which on its own would have been great but it was pouring rain and had been for the whole second half so to say the ball would have been heavy and greasy would be a complete understatement.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:30 pm

delete, double post

Last edited by WKB on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:48 pm

Thanks for the report WKB, not sure it is worth posting twice though Wink Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: