Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

One Back on Mal Michael

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:09 am
Post subject: One Back on Mal MichaelReply with quote

Nice to see the small article in the back of the sport section
regarding Mal Michael.

Mal had a fairytale beginning at the Pies.
Yet in his later years at the club he just couldn't stay out of trouble.

With all due respect I had posted a post regarding his departure late last year.

The post was quickly censored and rightly so by the administrators here.

Since Mal has been in Brisbane he has been hanging it on the club and quite recently sent a text message to Molloy, thanking him for the premiership medallion.
Molly wasn't a happy chappy when he recieved the message.

The pies have had enough of Mal's antics and therefore and quite rightly so added that piece in the Age today.

thank god we got Molloy, he is great.

Mal is a trouble maker.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wants to remember it was collingwood who gave him a start in football i remember mal michael on our supp list or rookie list in the reserves years ago.

Wake up michael you clown.

We would sooner have molly any day.

'My God'i wouldnt go into hoddle street tonight for quids'.Bill jacobs 3aw, minutes after our premiership'That is like winning tattslotto and losing your ticket and some bloke puts it in the herald sun that he found it'Rex Hunt 3aw during the 1990 grand final'Well thats about as useful as a fly wire door in a submarine'sammy newman 3aw during the 1990 grand final

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 11:07 am

What was the article? Can someone post it on here. Thanks.

JDF
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:13 pm

Print it on here member the local servo ran out of ages.
Which has gotta be a joke i didnt think the bogans in cranbourne could read the Age newspaper.

'My God'i wouldnt go into hoddle street tonight for quids'.Bill jacobs 3aw, minutes after our premiership'That is like winning tattslotto and losing your ticket and some bloke puts it in the herald sun that he found it'Rex Hunt 3aw during the 1990 grand final'Well thats about as useful as a fly wire door in a submarine'sammy newman 3aw during the 1990 grand final

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 16 October 2001).]

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:19 pm

Next time Collingwood plays Brisbane, expect to see Mal Michael on the receiving end of a shirt-front from Molloy. And I hope the bastard doesn't get up.

**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:30 pm

then Molloy can reply to Mal's text asking if the hospital food is OK thru a straw!

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:03 am

Love your work, London Dave!!! Let's just say "I'd like to see that!"

Go Jarrod - you'll win a string of premiership medals in years to come (in a team which is widely considered to be the best sporting team in the world - no bias, of course ) whilst dickhead Mal will have to be content with just the one (in a shithouse team, which has no tradition).

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:34 am

Kristen, so far it's one : nil. One in the hand as they say (or somfin' like that).

Say whatever you like about Mal. he is probably very happy with his decision.

I also think we could win a few flag's in the next few years but it seems to me that too many Collingwood supporters are expecting to win premierships. As I have said in other posts - premierships are bloody hard to win and nobody should appreciate that more than Collingwood supporters. Not even the best team guarantees a premiership. I wish we would realise just how far it is from 9th to 1st. It is MUCH further than 16th to 8th.

I know we are headed in the right direction and our list is VERY promising. The potential is relatively untapped at present and even if we overcome that we have to have luck with injuries etc. That is one reason why I was of the opinion that we had to trade to improve the middle of our list but that is now history.

The point is, if we win a premiership in the next 3 years we will have been better than most people can reasonably expect with our list and very lucky. Same goes for plenty of other teams and someone obviously does it each year but just realise there is a long way to go yet.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:46 am

Mark T, you are right and you are wrong.

You are right - Premierships are hard to win, and it's a long way from 9 to 1.

You a wrong - we will not win a premiership being better than most people expect, and certainly not through luck.

I think we will win the premiership in three years. If players progress like they can, we could challenge for it next year. (due to lack of finals experience we wont make it I wouldn't think, but we could be top four easy.)

No one wins a premiership through luck, you win premierships through planning and hard work. And guess what, we've got the best off field group going around to handle that - bar none.

Our players are full of potential, but they're just that, full of potential. Until that potential is realised we wont win a premiership. But you have to have faith in the cause, faith in the people and faith in the players.

Nick Davis can imporve, and with MM and the support coaches, he will. There are 20 other guys in his situation.

We have the most exciting list in the league. Brisbane envy it. Hawthorn envy it.

We have future brownlow medailists playing IN THE RESERVES.

That's a big call, but it's not unfounded and widely accepted.

We will be awesome - it's just up to us, the supporters, to have faith in three things - the Cause, the Players, and the People.

Repeat that to yourself every night before you go to bed, and before you know it you'll wake up with a premiership hangover!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
JiMc 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 3:49 pm

All I can say to Mal Michael is:

"What goes around, comes around"

The article that was mentioned in the intial post, there was a follow up in The Age the next day and it mentioned that soon before/after he got traded to Brisbane he sent an SMS to a female staff member at the club which also didnt go down too well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 1:58 am

Jimc,

It wasnt an SMS to a female staff member.

Before he was traded late last year an incident happened regarding a female that works at the club.

The incident was kept in house.
It was part of the reason for his departure.
I posted it last year.

I am not allowed to say it online as it has been censored by the website. Which is fair enough.

Lets leave it at that,

Mal is an idiot

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 5:46 am

Brown26

I agree we could be top 4 next year. That is a huge improvement from where we are at present but I rthink we can do it too. To say no-one wins a premiership through luck is one thing because I agree you have to be good enough to win it. What I said was that you don't win one without luck. If you don't have luck with injuries, form, momentum and timing you will not win even if you are the best side. Take 1990 - everything fell into place especially injuries throughout the year. Compare that to past years where we got close but didn't win it.

If we can improve enough to be top 4 next year, there will still be another huge improvement required to win a premiership within the next 2 years after that, by which time Buckley will be past 30 and, good as he will likely still be, past his best.

Our list is not good enough to win a premiership. Natural development will see a lot of improvement in individual players and playing to the team plan. BUT we do have deficiencies at present. Until we solve the ruck problem, get 1 more quality tall defender and until we improve the players from about 15 to 25 on our list we can only be competitive with the top sides. That's just my impression of our list relatiuve to the oppositions lists and expected continual improvement in the quaslity of opposition.

We have the apprentices in the wings for most positions so the future looks bright. All I was saying was that I see Collingwood supporters assuming we will win a premiership soon. I am optomistic but if, as a club, we assume we will do we will definately not do it.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 18 October 2001).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 9:44 am

Here are your positions:
- Cloak - CHB. Champion. Big raps for this kid.
- Kinnear - "3rd" tall - give the guy freedom up forwards and he'll be good there too. Not spectacular but a good consistent home grown player - is and will be underated.
- Presti the other back, is VERY underated.

The ruck situation just needs time - I can't believe I'm the only one who takes Fraser seriously at first ruck! The kid's a champion, rucking takes time to develop at the highest level, we all know that, and teh comparisons to Len Thompson are incredible! The guy's hand and foot skills are phenomenal! He just needs to win the ruck hit outs - give him time, he will in a18 months be a champion ruckman.

Didak is brilliant - will be regular seniors player next year and play 22 in 2003. He will live up to his expectations - I feel as if I'm repeating myself!

Don't forget the guys like Adkins, Johnson, Lonie - they're got a lot of room to imporve and will do it.

Natural improvement will make us a huge sucess - if you want to talk about luck, how about wether or not Hawthron, Port and Brissy improve as much as we will, cause if they don't we'll have the flag soon. If they do, we may have to fight for it. Have faith - the guys driving the magnificent Collingwood machine know where they're going and how to get there.

I know it's not good to assume we're going to win a Premiership, but it's fatal to assume we wont. If you go around saying we can't win, you would be right.

Keep the faith

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 10:13 am

I dont read the AGE and I dont think these events took place. Mean to say we have Molloy now and he is a good bloke and a champion footballer! The only reason Mal played in the Grand Final was because because he played for Brisbane, brisbane are making something of him just as we did!

Get over it now he plays for the Lions he won a Premiership medal, You either like him OR YOU DONT!

Dan

Go Pies!

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE TURBO!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 12:08 pm

Brown26 I don't disagree with any of your analysis and I agree that the future looks very bright. I am convinced of 1 thing though. We will not win a premiership with this list. Changes will have to be made and they will be. The young talent looks very good. History and probability indicate that not all of them will go on with it as hoped but you never really know.

Eveyrone seems to have big wraps on Cloak but the reality is that at present he is no more than a promising junior who hasn't played a significant match yet. Hopefully he will show us all this year that he is a star in the making. I don't doubt that Fraser can be a ruckman of great quality. I think he could play any position and excell. The point is that he is not even a break even ruckman at this stage. He looks like a fast learner and has obvious talent but he needs to improve and more importantly he needs to bulk up. That will take time.

I am not convinced his best value will be in the ruck. I think he could be a dominant CHF. HYe may be the prototype for the CHF of the next decade. In any case, I don't want him playing ruck for substantial periods at his current weight. Most ruckman don't do the heavy work at his age let alone with his build. He plays because we don't have depth and he is an outstanding talent.

All in all, as I said, I am very optomistic. But I have seen too many years when the promise wasn't put into delivery. I have also seen a good young list fall away because of complacency and presumptions of success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: